Do you remember your dreams?

ILuvDiapers said:
Animals Probably Dream. (Although no one can say for sure, the researchers concluded that most animals go through REM and non-REM sleep stages also, so they probably do dream, though they don't experience dreams in the same way as humans)
I know for a fact that they do. My dog used to nap on his back, lying on me while I napped on the couch. His little legs would twitch as he was having a dream. I've also had cats twitch and make noises while they slept also. So cute!

• Haha
Reactions: mistykitty, Woncrinklz and ILuvDiapers
I once had an elderly ginger tomcat that used to snore!

• Haha
Reactions: Woncrinklz, ILuvDiapers and slimjiminy
I remember nearly every dream I've ever had since I was a child.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: ILuvDiapers and chamberpot
slimjiminy said:
I know for a fact that they do. My dog used to nap on his back, lying on me while I napped on the couch. His little legs would twitch as he was having a dream. I've also had cats twitch and make noises while they slept also. So cute!
I know it's both funny and cute to watch pets dreaming. (y) :giggle:

Reactions: mistykitty
Sidewinder said:
Hell I can't even remember things that really happened in my past

Reactions: Woncrinklz and Sidewinder
Sissyleslie said:
I once had an elderly ginger tomcat that used to snore!
Our dog used to snore all the time. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Sidewinder said:
Really? :unsure: That's quite an achievement. (y):giggle: How would you know that you haven't forgotten some though? :unsure:

I have dream series when they happen in life...awake life.
I don't recall my recent dreams now, but oddly, right before I fall asleep, I resume the pace where I left off sometimes, others not.
Sometimes the dreams happen later after days went by, not dreaming whatever the subject was.
I had a dream series about metallic things constantly well over 2 years ago. I'm in that reality now. I was tripping on it last week. It's all happening now, yet I didn't have any dreams like them since then..that I know!
That's the thing that's always bothered me, I guess. I occasionally dream what I will eventually go through years down the road.

When younger I used to record my dreams to later confirm all the details in my reality. Tiring. They happened, but what's the use? Except to write poetry, or whatever, so I decided to not do about much it but only for my amusement.

Now? I just let the dreams happen.
Then when the "coincidence " happens, I just think, "Yeah. I remember that..Now what's gonna happen?"
Sometimes I think I'm being "tutored" through life. By some spirit guides, aliens, or earth energy of whatever it comes from:unsure::LOL:

I really haven't figured it out about how what I dream happens exactly later, feelings and everything.
Sometimes the emotions of where I'm at spur an old dream and the whole dream comes to my mind while I am in the awake situation.

As an example, It's kinda Like when someone walks by a hot dog stand and they recall a memory and live it like they are there again. My dreams do the reverse where I wasn't until it happens. It's weird. I don't understand it.
Then I try to figure out what the dream was about so I can better understand what's happening or why I suddenly remembered the dream. "Does it have an important meaning I must pay attention to for me to understand my life better before I die?" I ask myself. (I've been obsessed with why I'm alive and what the hell I'm doing here on this planet all my life, by the way).

As if the situation is some kind of important thing I must pay attention to.:unsure:
But dreams go on, and they sometimes coincide with my odd days. Nobody ever gets me, so I never say a thing about it. But it's interesting.

It's certainly not something anyone would say out loud to anyone as a passing comment. That's for sure..

• Thinking
Reactions: ILuvDiapers
ILuvDiapers said:
So this was actually i very extensive research study which was carried out over many years involving thousands of people from all across the world, it comprised of information already known, but also wanted to establish certain unknowns, it involved sleep clinics with participants who took part being monitored with a variety of means including camera's and being hooked up to sensitive monitoring equipment.

The aim of the research was to establish more conclusive findings rather than speculative results. The collective findings established the following facts:-

We forget up to 95% of dreams shortly after waking. (Brain scans of sleepers have shown the frontal lobes- the area that plays a key role in memory formation-are inactive during REM sleep, the stage in which dreaming occurs.)

Not All Dreams Are in Colour. (12% of people claim to dream only in black and white. People younger than 25 rarely report dreaming in black and white. However, people older than 55 reported having black and white dreams 25% of the time.)

Men and Women dream Differently. (Men reported dreaming about weapons significantly more than women, also men's dreams tend to have more aggressive content and physical activity.) (Women tend to have slightly longer dreams with more characters, also women's dreams contain more rejection and exclusion, as well as more conversation than physical activity.)

Animals Probably Dream. (Although no one can say for sure, the researchers concluded that most animals go through REM and non-REM sleep stages also, so they probably do dream, though they don't experience dreams in the same way as humans)

You Can Control Your Dreams. (A lucid dream is one in which you're aware that you're dreaming even though you're still asleep. During lucid dreaming it is thought to be a combination of consciousness and REM sleep, during which you can direct or control the dream content.)

Negative Dreams are More Common. (Several factors affect the emotional content of dreams, including anxiety, stress, and certain medications. Also good and bad smells, can play a role in positive and negative dreams?) :unsure:🤣

Blind People May Dream Visually. (People who have been blind since birth, still seemed to experience visual imagery in their dreams, and the had eye movements that correlated to visual dream recall)

Your'e Paralysed While Dreaming. (REM sleep is characterised by paralysis of the voluntary muscles. This phenomenon is known as REM atonia, and prevents you from acting out your dreams while you're asleep.)

Some Dreams are Universal. (Although dreams are often influenced by personal experience, the researchers found that certain dream themes are common across cultures.)

It's a really extensive study, with many more facts, but i'm tired of typing now. So you will have to make do with the summary bullet points. :giggle:
Sorry to step on your toes, but it seems you have an interest in this style of being a "researcher" and then slamming anyone that finds disagreement. I stand firm with my evaluation of the over use of phd's collecting documentations and creating their findings! The overload of Junk Science from lazy phd students has created a wasteland of studies of studies of studies.

Next time, simply acknowledge your involvement and accept your fame from it!

• Thinking
ILuvDiapers said:
So scientists recently confirmed that everyone dreams every time they sleep, and those dreams can be fascinating, exciting, terrifying or just plain weird.

Seems we all dream an average of 2 hours per night or sleep session. Researchers have found that most people usually have several dreams each night, each typically lasting for 5 to 20 minutes. During a typical lifetime, people will spend 6 years dreaming! :oops::ROFLMAO: Yet we forget 95% of our dreams shortly after waking.

I have really vivid dreams, possibly enhanced by prescription medication? :unsure: I really hate when i'm having a really good dream, but wake up just before i reach it's conclusion, it's like you are watching a really good movie, and the power goes off just at the best bit. You can never get back into it, even if you go back to sleep.

What about you? Do you remember your dreams? :unsure: What type of dreams do you typically have? If and when you remember them? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
The last dream I remember was when I was a kid. It was honestly more of a nightmare. I remember one of grandparents allowed me to watch Chucky and I ended up getting hunted down in my dreams by that very doll that night. Never been a big fan of the horror genre since then.

Not sure what I typically dream about nowadays but anything is better than the last dream I can remember. Even if it is nothing.

Edgewater said:
Sorry to step on your toes, but it seems you have an interest in this style of being a "researcher" and then slamming anyone that finds disagreement. I stand firm with my evaluation of the over use of phd's collecting documentations and creating their findings! The overload of Junk Science from lazy phd students has created a wasteland of studies of studies of studies.

Next time, simply acknowledge your involvement and accept your fame from it!
Well your entitled to your opinion of course, but please don't attempt to form mine. I've not slammed anyone simply pointed out that the research was extensive, comprising of thousands of participants from all over the world, and over many years.

I would argue that it is you who has taken umbrage with people who don't agree with your logic. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. (y)

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater
Woncrinklz said:
I have dream series when they happen in life...awake life.
I don't recall my recent dreams now, but oddly, right before I fall asleep, I resume the pace where I left off sometimes, others not.
Sometimes the dreams happen later after days went by, not dreaming whatever the subject was.
I had a dream series about metallic things constantly well over 2 years ago. I'm in that reality now. I was tripping on it last week. It's all happening now, yet I didn't have any dreams like them since then..that I know!
That's the thing that's always bothered me, I guess. I occasionally dream what I will eventually go through years down the road.

When younger I used to record my dreams to later confirm all the details in my reality. Tiring. They happened, but what's the use? Except to write poetry, or whatever, so I decided to not do about much it but only for my amusement.

Now? I just let the dreams happen.
Then when the "coincidence " happens, I just think, "Yeah. I remember that..Now what's gonna happen?"
Sometimes I think I'm being "tutored" through life. By some spirit guides, aliens, or earth energy of whatever it comes from:unsure::LOL:

I really haven't figured it out about how what I dream happens exactly later, feelings and everything.
Sometimes the emotions of where I'm at spur an old dream and the whole dream comes to my mind while I am in the awake situation.

As an example, It's kinda Like when someone walks by a hot dog stand and they recall a memory and live it like they are there again. My dreams do the reverse where I wasn't until it happens. It's weird. I don't understand it.
Then I try to figure out what the dream was about so I can better understand what's happening or why I suddenly remembered the dream. "Does it have an important meaning I must pay attention to for me to understand my life better before I die?" I ask myself. (I've been obsessed with why I'm alive and what the hell I'm doing here on this planet all my life, by the way).

As if the situation is some kind of important thing I must pay attention to.:unsure:
But dreams go on, and they sometimes coincide with my odd days. Nobody ever gets me, so I never say a thing about it. But it's interesting.

It's certainly not something anyone would say out loud to anyone as a passing comment. That's for sure..
A dream series? :unsure: I like that. (y):giggle: I guess sometimes there is no rhyme or reason as to the types of dreams we have, but other times there probably is.

As to the meaning of life question? :unsure: That remains a mystery that nobody can properly answer, but while you are living it, just enjoy the ride, as best you can, for as long as you can. Maybe eventually we will all get to find out what it's all about? :unsure: Who know's?

Last edited:
Queso72 said:
The last dream I remember was when I was a kid. It was honestly more of a nightmare. I remember one of grandparents allowed me to watch Chucky and I ended up getting hunted down in my dreams by that very doll that night. Never been a big fan of the horror genre since then.

Not sure what I typically dream about nowadays but anything is better than the last dream I can remember. Even if it is nothing.
I'm with you on that, i'm not a big fan of horror films either. I've never actually watched Chucky but i have seen images of the doll and that was enough for me. I would agree with you, in the sense that it is better to not remember anything than to be haunted by Chucky. :oops:(y):giggle:

Last edited:
ILuvDiapers said:
Well your entitled to your opinion of course, but please don't attempt to form mine. I've not slammed anyone simply pointed out that the research was extensive, comprising of thousands of participants from all over the world, and over many years.

I would argue that it is you who has taken umbrage with people who don't agree with your logic. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. (y)
Sorry, but as common, we are here because of your methods, not mind! Your many contributions would be are more honest if you just announce your involvement up front.

I have not attempted to form your opinion(s). But, can you say the same if anyone finds issue with yours?

Your many and every increasing number of Threads and Posts are of interest.

Enjoy!

Edgewater said:
Sorry, but as common, we are here because of your methods, not mind! Your many contributions would be are more honest if you just announce your involvement up front.

I have not attempted to form your opinion(s). But, can you say the same if anyone finds issue with yours?

Your many and every increasing number of Threads and Posts are of interest.

Enjoy!
My involvement? There is no agenda here? I have simply read a publication, the authenticity of which you have questioned? I did not take part in the studies or have any involvement in them other than I read the final publication.

Therefore i have no need to make an announcement or disclaimer to that effect. I just thought it was interesting as a topic, that people might want to engage in, nothing more than that. I don't understand why you have adopted such a hostile approach towards me and my posts.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater
I keep journal, since I could write! My mom used to dream about local fires-when and how they started. I could go on at length!!! Of interest here, dreams involving wearing diapers. Check!

Reactions: mistykitty, ILuvDiapers, Edgewater and 1 other person
ILuvDiapers said:
My involvement? There is no agenda here? I have simply read a publication, the authenticity of which you have questioned? I did not take part in the studies or have any involvement in them other than I read the final publication.

Therefore i have no need to make an announcement or disclaimer to that effect. I just thought it was interesting as a topic, that people might want to engage in, nothing more than that. I don't understand why you have adopted such a hostile approach towards me and my posts.
Wow, never been that, but once you come back with what you accuse me of??
What am I to think ??

See you around the Forum, bye!!

I suspect I remember only 1 or 2 % of my dreams. I sleep with a CPAP and I think it puts me into a deeper sleep. My psychologist suggested I keep a dream journal as almost all of the dreams I remember are negative and/or scary. Occasionally I'll have a diaper dream and I like those dreams but most of the dreams I can remember is me being lost in a big city. I even lose my car. I hate those dreams.

• Thinking
For a while i was having awful dreams from which I would yell out for help while asleep and my partner would have to wake me up to calm me down. I finally determined it the dreams were “caused” by one of my medications and, instead of dropping it, I now take it at a different time of day and no more crazy dreams.
Frequently during the days I’ll remember things but be unsure if it’s from “ real life” or did I dream it. Frustrating at times!

dogboy said:
I suspect I remember only 1 or 2 % of my dreams. I sleep with a CPAP and I think it puts me into a deeper sleep. My psychologist suggested I keep a dream journal as almost all of the dreams I remember are negative and/or scary. Occasionally I'll have a diaper dream and I like those dreams but most of the dreams I can remember is me being lost in a big city. I even lose my car. I hate those dreams.
My bad dreams involve my getting lost in big cities, too, and searching endlessly for my car! What’s up with that?!?!

• Sad
Back