Do you guys ever still lurk?

MiddleJacob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I honestly did a little after after I joined. Maybe scared a bit or overwhelmed after I started posting on here.

But for sure my "Lurking" has decreased. Like, I mean this to say, still to say I read this site in my free time.

Do you guys, like, read or somehow track your threads anonymously?

I take "lurking" to mean visiting the site, reading posts without joining in with your own posts. I often do that, after so many years here I've said most all I have to say.
No I don't stalk myself or care to worry much about my past posts.
(edit) I take that back a bit, I will research my past posts if it is to link it in a rehashed topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: boostergold, KBoy and theancientmariner
I always sign-in to my ADISC account when I look at posts here.

And I always look at and read the posts in the forums I am interested in.

However, I don't always respond. Many times, it is that I simply don't have the answer but other times I simply don't respond for one reason or another (like it's a repeat question or I don't have time).

Reactions: geka, KBoy and BBBen
Yes I still lurk.....no wait....oh s***. never mind.

• Haha
Reactions: KBoy, theancientmariner and ElPulpo
I check out the new posts everyday, read what I think is interesting and will post if I think I have something useful to say.

Reactions: Palle, tas84, geka and 9 others
Being on here every day and not posting anything for a few days is not lurking. To me, nou're not lurking unless you seldom log in and almost never post.

Reactions: KBoy, BBBen and Sealander
Oh shit, its that what "stalking" is? Sounds so bad. I have done it after becoming a member. And more recently after I forgot my password, but that shouldn't count.

as a long time lurker just popping in to say hello! yes we lurk im too scared to post often!

squeak!

Reactions: snugglyowl, Tigressmoon22 and KBoy
i just use incognito mode on chrome whenever i login here

• Haha
Reactions: Palle and KBoy
BabyDenise said:
I always sign-in to my ADISC account when I look at posts here.

And I always look at and read the posts in the forums I am interested in.

However, I don't always respond. Many times, it is that I simply don't have the answer but other times I simply don't respond for one reason or another (like it's a repeat question or I don't have time).
I do something similar, often reading various posts I'm interested in and follow one or two closely. Although I think sometimes I struggle to feel able to engage in the time I have.

• Sad
Reactions: Palle and KBoy
Not anymore, I only lurk in forums where I feel detached or in risk of constant arguments.

• Wow
Reactions: Palle, KBoy, ajp22 and 1 other person
Yeah, I like reading this forum but don't always feel like responding.

Reactions: Palle, DinoBunny, geka and 3 others
All the time. But mostly because I don't feel like I have anything worth while to say on topics, but they are interesting to read none the less!

Hemix said:
Not anymore, I only lurk in forums where I feel detached or in risk of constant arguments.
Like Reddit? That toxic waste dump filled with rudeness all around?

nedkelly said:
i just use incognito mode on chrome whenever i login here
But why? Does your bar have public wifi?

Do you think you can find someone for me please? My mom says he's at your bar. His name is Lee Key Bum.

theancientmariner said:
Like Reddit? That toxic waste dump filled with rudeness all around?
Yea, the considered by some as a meta-forum, including myself, a site where thou dostn't have to worry about having good manners in order for thy subreddit to have visits and prosper as time passes by.

Thou canst also roost anybody with downvotes and rise toxic elements with upvotes without even explaining why, so rather than being a discussion meta-forum, it becomes yet another mass media with an eternal popularity contest.

And if thou thinkest Reddit is toxic, then thou better not visit Quora, it's become a nazi dumpster...

Hemix said:
Yea, the considered by some as a meta-forum, including myself, a site where thou dostn't have to worry about having good manners in order for thy subreddit to have visits and prosper as time passes by.

Thou canst also roost anybody with downvotes and rise toxic elements with upvotes without even explaining why, so rather than being a discussion meta-forum, it becomes yet another mass media with an eternal popularity contest.

And if thou thinkest Reddit is toxic, then thou better not visit Quora, it's become a nazi dumpster...
Oh but I like Quora! I'm strucktly a lurker there. It has some awesome catagories that I can read for hours. Sometimes I'll read the comments but there's so many, I pick and choose what I read.

Good answers you guys! I was just kinda being vulerable. I don't really lurk out my topics or posts. Especially cause you have to re-launch your browser after you read 5 or really like 8 posts.

Maybe I'm trying to say that it was easier to lurk here in general prior to whatever happened to make it more difficult but I don't think that's a bad thing.

yes

I only tend to comment on posts that I feel are worth commenting on which seems few and far between as most of the posts are the same old thing rehashed.

I log in every day and have a read of the new posts but I can go days or weeks without feeling the need to comment.

Does that make me a lurker?

Reactions: SmallJay
Back