Diapers you wore as a baby?

I have no idea what they were called, but mine had little yellow duckies on them

Reactions: Deleted member 53140
This question always gets me. I've wondered, like all of us, where and why I'm a diaper lover and I always get pulled back to the trippiest story my parents retold my whole life that makes me feel almost "born with it."

Apparently, I had a huge infatuation with the Huggies baby on the package of the mid to late 80's. So much so, I apparently called him "buddy" and would get mad if my parents didn't have "him" around me. So imagine the inconvenience of not having a conventional diaper bag and tearing open the package carefully enough as to not screw up "Buddy's" face. Huggies for me 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: tiny and pampers4U
intfusmil said:
So imagine the inconvenience of not having a conventional diaper bag and tearing open the package carefully enough as to not screw up "Buddy's" face. Huggies for me
Now that's some funny stuff lol, "who did that.." "buddy made me do it"

Was potty trained by 3-4 but my crazy Grandmom made me wear diapers whenever I stayed over. Don't remember which but they were tape up ones. I think she never bought up a size either. I came over almost every month and I remember after a year or so complaining that they were too tight.

I don’t know if it was always pampers, but that’s the only packages I can remember seeing. Good ol late 80s plastic pampers!

wayne said:
i wore Pampers also. Plastic Pampers are my favorite and i wore them till i was 10-11 years old. Wish they made them in adult sizes and i would be wearing them right now !!

I wore them until I was 11 years old then again got cloth diapers with a yellow sweden pants

I was born in the 80's but I still wore cloth diapers. No memory of it tho, since I was potty-trained so early!
It's amazing some of you have memories of getting changed n' stuff. No way I can remember.

Kinda funny how I really do not like cloth diapers now, at all. It has to be plastic-backed and disposable. When Tena changed their perfectly good diapers into cloth-back disposables I tried them once, and got irritated skin from the godawful "cloth" surface. It is so fibrous my legs rub on it and then it gets all matted and weird (especially when I've wet already) and rubs my skin.
Cloth-backed disposables are horrible.
Also, the feeling of wetting cloth, when wearing reusable cloth diapers is just incredibly unpleasant to me? Cloth diapers feel very good on, since they are so fluffy and soft, but wetting them is just.. ugh..

I wonder if I'd actually like reusable cloth diapers if I had memories of them..? I just remember seeing diaper packets at stores in the 80's and 90's and those are the designs I like the most on my ABDL diapers, too.

I wore cloth diapers as a baby

I have always been diapered with cloth diapers and a yellow PVC diaper pants with snaps. I was always diapered in the morning, at noon and in the evening, and the diapers were always used. First day and night, because I could not control anything. Then a few more years at night, until I was dry. This is still my favorite method.

Last edited:
I wore pin-on cloth diapers and plastic pants all of the time till I was about 4. Mom got me pull-up style disposable training pants for day time after that. When I started school, I wore cloth training pants and pull-on plastic pants every day, but still got changed into cloth diapers when I got home and at night.

Reactions: windelboy4
I was developmentally delayed as a child, and I could not control bladder and bowel. It was up to my psyche, and no matter what was tried, it did not help. There was no other choice and that's why they decided to put on diapers me until it would eventually improve on their own. That's why I've always been diapered with cloth diapers, and the yellow PVC diaper pants with press studs. At that time they were called Mölny. Beginning of the seventies, there was nothing else with us. It stayed that way until the middle of the eighties, and at that time I used the diapers first, day and night, and then only at night. Pampers did not exist there until later, and they were still expensive. It was more convenient to wash the Diaper Pants, and cloth diapers. Later I was already in school, but then I only wet the diapers. But I was not the only one who needed diapers.

The process was same, every day for years. In the morning after washing, I was creamed first, then diapered with thick diapers, and over the PVC diaper pants were buttoned. Then I was dressed in normal clothes, and I must to go to school. After coming home I was put on new diapers, and in the evening again new. So I had to go to bed, and the diapers were always wet the next morning. The Mölny-Pant soon became too small for me, and the snaps often opened, especially on the day.
I also had wet pants, and thinner diapers did not help in the day, because my diaper pants no longer fit. The diapers ran out because they were too thin. The bed was often wet, because the Mölny no longer remained closed.
But then I soon got a Bedwetter - diaper pants, which was called Septa. It looked almost the same as the Mölny, and had more buttons. It was also a bit bigger, and it suited me perfectly. That solved the problems, especially at school, because I no longer had wet pants and was no longer laughed at.

A little later, it also stopped soaking in during the day, but I was still bedwetting longer. Then that too stopped, and I did not need diapers anymore. Of course I was glad about it, but I always had the feeling that I was missing something.

Since the illness, and the surgery I put on diapers again, but this time not only because I want it out of whim, but as a secure, especially for the night. Because for some time I am awake by the bubble pressure every night, and must go to the bathroom. But if I put on diapers in the evening, then I can sleep until morning without waking up. And as in the past, I only use cloth diapers, with PVC diaper pants. In the past, I also donned inco briefs, but every with a thin cloth diaper in it, and the PVC pants over it, for more security. But now I only use cloth diapers because they are cheaper for a long time. The same i wearing also, when i went in the town.

Maybe it repeats itself from before, when I needed diapers every day. Then I will combine passion with necessity, and eventually with normality. Maybe frustration will be added as well, all that will change. But I do not know which feeling will be stronger then, and come more often.

Pampers and I think buggies as well. They were plastic backed and really poofy in the butt. I was late to potty train and also wore them for a very long time at night. I can’t remember when I had to go to a different diaper because I got to big for them.

Reactions: Bbjames
I'm the exact opposite of a lot of people here. I'm young enough that I was a sposie kid. Don't know what kind. Don't care what kind! After orthopedic surgery at about. . . 5? I got to wear cloth! Glorious, soft, quiet, "Too nice and friendly to tattle on me, and would never hurt me on purpose," cloth!

Sposies weren't just too loud. They were stiff, and uncomfortable.

Cottontail, you lucky dickens!

TyphaHare said:
I wonder if I'd actually like reusable cloth diapers if I had memories of them..?
Maybe. Even memories of other kids in them. I have exactly one memory of being put in a cloth diaper, but many more memories of other kids--younger siblings of friends, for example--running around in cloth diapers. I was always very jealous! Doubtless that strengthened my connection with cloth diapers. I credit Pampers and Huggies TV commercials with my later (and parallel) interest in disposables.

TyphaHare said:
Also, the feeling of wetting cloth, when wearing reusable cloth diapers is just incredibly unpleasant to me? Cloth diapers feel very good on, since they are so fluffy and soft, but wetting them is just.. ugh..
Well, there is a reason why cloth diapers are widely believed to accelerate potty training. :) I don't mind a wet cloth diaper, but like you, I do vastly prefer a dry one. I just change when I'm wet. My cloth stash is large enough that "wasting" a diaper's capacity isn't a concern. That's sort of where you need to be in order to be successful with cloth diapering, I think.

In disposables, though, it's kind of the other way around--for me, anyway. The high-SAP disposables are very pleasantly squishy when soaked, and very "meh" when dry.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Cottontail, you lucky dickens!
I dunno. If you can recall being cloth-diapered at 5 and liking it, I'd say, "lucky you!" By that age, I'm pretty sure I was already scheming about how to get diapers.

Not to glorify the necessity of diapers at 5, but as you recall them fondly...

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
I have exactly one memory of being put in a cloth diaper, but many more memories of other kids--younger siblings of friends, for example--running around in cloth diapers. I was always very jealous! Doubtless that strengthened my connection with cloth diapers. I credit Pampers and Huggies TV commercials with my later (and parallel) interest in disposables.

Well, there is a reason why cloth diapers are widely believed to accelerate potty training. :) I don't mind a wet cloth diaper, but like you, I do vastly prefer a dry one. I just change when I'm wet. My cloth stash is large enough that "wasting" a diaper's capacity isn't a concern. That's sort of where you need to be in order to be successful with cloth diapering, I think.

In disposables, though, it's kind of the other way around--for me, anyway. The high-SAP disposables are very pleasantly squishy when soaked, and very "meh" when dry.

Oh yes. I grew up seeing all those nice 80's and 90's disposables. Must've imprinted on me.
All the movies and series I saw though had kids in cloth diapers. It was like this iconic look for a nappy - the pins on front. For the longest time I thought all diapers had to have pins in them. I remember my mom laughing and telling me it's not how it is and I was like.. oooh, alright then.

I agree on the dry/wet thing yeah. I have one cloth diaper which I never wet. I use it when I just want the fluffy, soft feeling or when I double up! The more SAP the better, too. I used to dislike Rearz nappies, because they felt too much like cloth diapers - SUPER duper soft and nice like cotton.. but felt wet right from the first wetting :/ I tried their newer diapers (Lil Monsters) just now, and they were awesome, though! Didn't feel wet until third wetting.

Thankfully, cloth technology ain't what it used to be. We aren't a relic anymore. Now, we're actually competing with sposies, and winning! We've our own super absorbent, and stay dry fabrics, now! Yay! Eat my 💩, sposies, you loud, obnoxious, father-not-knowing, sons of cloth! I'll have you know, you're father was twice the fluff you'll ever be!

1, 2, 3. Okay, sorry, bit passionate. Wetting cloth will always feel different than wetting a sposie, but maybe you'll find it less gross with modern fabric? For me, cloth registered as just another accident, which could happen to anyone. Only lazy, bad, or kids mispercieved as being stupid as rocks, wore diapers, which in my mind meant disposable. That misperception of diapies being for old, or human house plant people, is why diapers can still be used as such an effective threat against me, and why I wear so little. I don't want to lose my skills, or be seen that way. I don't think my cloth diaper design could ever be weaponized against me. Gosh, I need a sewist with sewing and listening skills, and respect for my intellectual property, to sew it for me!

Not all my cloth memory was good, and I didn't like the whole memory. I couldn't wear bottom half clothes, use the toilet at all, or sit in the car normally, because of the width my legs were spread apart, and I'm pretty sure my fluff was exposed, at times. My casts made my legs look like a big pink A, with their big bar between my legs. I had to ride home, prone, in the front seat.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Gosh, I need a sewist with sewing and listening skills, and respect for my intellectual property, to sew it for me!
Hear, hear! Surely it can't be hard to find somebody to help you "prototype" your design, after which maybe you could successfully pitch it to an existing ABDL cloth diaper maker. Unless you're meaning to go into the diaper business yourself, in which case perhaps Step 2 is a funding campaign of some sort. Get on it! :)

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I couldn't wear bottom half clothes, use the toilet at all, or sit in the car normally, because of the width my legs were spread apart, and I'm pretty sure my fluff was exposed, at times. My casts made my legs look like a big pink A, with their big bar between my legs. I had to ride home, prone, in the front seat.
Oh yeah, a hip spica sounds like no particularly good time. The non-CP-ed son of a family friend had to deal with that (and diapers) at age 4 or 5--due to a fractured pelvis, I think. It seemed pretty miserable, but the kid was quickly resigned to it all. You have to be, I think, when you're in such a vulnerable mode. Anyway, I'm glad you can reflect positively on some aspect of it!

Cottontail said:
Hear, hear! Surely it can't be hard to find somebody to help you "prototype" your design, after which maybe you could successfully pitch it to an existing ABDL cloth diaper maker. Unless you're meaning to go into the diaper business yourself, in which case perhaps Step 2 is a funding campaign of some sort. Get on it! :)

Oh yeah, a hip spica sounds like no particularly good time. The non-CP-ed son of a family friend had to deal with that (and diapers) at age 4 or 5--due to a fractured pelvis, I think. It seemed pretty miserable, but the kid was quickly resigned to it all. You have to be, I think, when you're in such a vulnerable mode. Anyway, I'm glad you can reflect positively on some aspect of it!
Oh, my God! Fearless leader knows what a hip spica is!

Right? Maybe I'd be good at my own clothie company. I don't know the first thing about marketing, or funding, or working, or being fulfilled by having something to do with my time, that actually pays me. I know I want wazoodle to design a Zorb specifically for my line. Cost? Think Casey'd let me head up the cloth division at ABU? I'm half serious. I wish there was some software I could design it on?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Thankfully, cloth technology ain't what it used to be. We aren't a relic anymore. Now, we're actually competing with sposies, and winning! We've our own super absorbent, and stay dry fabrics, now! Yay! Eat my 💩, sposies, you loud, obnoxious, father-not-knowing, sons of cloth! I'll have you know, you're father was twice the fluff you'll ever be!

1, 2, 3. Okay, sorry, bit passionate. Wetting cloth will always feel different than wetting a sposie, but maybe you'll find it less gross with modern fabric? For me, cloth registered as just another accident, which could happen to anyone. Only lazy, bad, or kids mispercieved as being stupid as rocks, wore diapers, which in my mind meant disposable. That misperception of diapies being for old, or human house plant people, is why diapers can still be used as such an effective threat against me, and why I wear so little. I don't want to lose my skills, or be seen that way. I don't think my cloth diaper design could ever be weaponized against me. Gosh, I need a sewist with sewing and listening skills, and respect for my intellectual property, to sew it for me!

Not all my cloth memory was good, and I didn't like the whole memory. I couldn't wear bottom half clothes, use the toilet at all, or sit in the car normally, because of the width my legs were spread apart, and I'm pretty sure my fluff was exposed, at times. My casts made my legs look like a big pink A, with their big bar between my legs. I had to ride home, prone, in the front seat.

Hmm, I bought some pretty good brand adult cloth diaper, but ended up throwing it away when I moved (I regret this now, it would've been good for doubling up..) it was super soft but did not feel good to wet. I also tried some foldable cotton ones and they did not feel good either.
I don't know what kind of cloth would that be - the one that keeps skin dry :9 maybe I can look into it.
Still, I dislike plastic pants quite a lot. There is just none for my particular body type readily available and I'm not passionate enough to commission or build one.
I'm good at sewing so I could very well do my own cloth nappy, now that I also have one cloth nappy at home which I can look at for guidance, heh. I'd change the design, but it's good to have the overall shape handy for eyeballing.

I'm sure you can find someone to sew one for you..! You just gotta contact some artists to commission this, and pay the appropriate price for it, too.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Think Casey'd let me head up the cloth division at ABU? I'm half serious. I wish there was some software I could design it on?
Actually I've had the same thought many, many times. Old ABU sold some (very lame) cloth diapers. Way too thick, PVC cover that couldn't go in the dryer, etc., etc. I'd love to see New ABU put out a really strong cloth diaper offering. They seem like they have the financial means to do that, anyway.

Good luck! ;)

Back