Diaper or Public toilet?

It depends on the toilet. I’m not the biggest fan of messing my diaper simply because I hate dealing with the cleanup. If the toilet is too nasty, and I’m not with anyone I know (who at least isn’t ABDL), I’ll take the risk and go in the diaper. I’ll wet my diaper no matter what, but if I can, I’ll try to get to a toilet to mess.

Diaper as long as I can get someplace to cleanup without sitting in it.... sitting in no matter how well you clean up I feel like a shower is needed...

Last edited:
I don't often go out padded myself. In that situation it would depend. If I could get back to my car or get to somewhere private and cleaner that I could change then yeah I would. If it caused a problem for me then no, I'd try and hold it.

Last edited:
I use a medication that removes me or my body haveing a choice , it has to taken with each meal and once you take it ,a diaper is not an option ,i have other health challenges that freeze my bowels ,once I take it , it is certain I will fill my diaper 4 X's a day , i don't know when or where it will choose,the dosage is variable I take the least amount to keep my bowels moving ,some people who need this in larger doses have near continuous soft movements or some have multiple extreme hourly movements ,for me personaly being in a wheelchair and not having much sensation ,sometimes I will break wind ,others there is no warning and I will just rapidly empty anything in my bowels spontaneous with no ability to interfere . Being the soft nature stool in a diaper area ,i usually figure it's happening by the stool backing up the front of the diaper "adjusting my genitalia" to accomodate the stools volume ,it is always been contained in the diaper ,but it spreads everywhere , those are the times that having an aide is an absolute must . It is unique as a medication ,a normal laxtive can be controlled and overidden if not a " good time" once this warns you should go ,time is limited,attempting to resist the urge for more than a couple minutes will kick it into high gear until you are convulsively helplessly filling your pants or diaper ,it's a weapon Mussolini black shirts wished they had, effects of castor oil are harsh and violent, you can take or be given this and have no idea why you just filled your pants for the first time as an adult .so there is no chance I will use anything but my diaper.in the prescriber section there is a reminder to prescribe diapers along with this medication ,because if you didnt need or use diapers previously ,it will only be one dose before anyone in there right mind accepts diaper use .

Reactions: Kane2000
I rather shit my pants then use a public toilet I'm lucky I so far have never needed to take a crap in public

I think people who have messed themselves many times in public due to incontinence will have a different take on this answer. If I am out in public and I feel the need to poop, I would only delay a trip to a public bathroom (which in my case often results in a messy diaper) if: 1) I am heading home and expect to be there soon, 2) the bathroom has been occupied for some time, or 3) the bathroom is so disgusting that I can't stomach it.

There's only one thing worse than going into a public bathroom, squatting and blowing poo all over the toilet in a gut wrenching IBS moment and that's changing a super messy diaper in a disgusting public bathroom. I'd rather do the former. And, I certainly don't want to be walking around out in public for a long time in a messy diaper. I'm out in public for a legitimate reason, not to stroll around all smug in my messy diaper while other people wrinkle their nose at me. That's not cool. The fallback option in the case of a significant delay due to a nasty bathroom (or unavailable one) is to fill your diaper and change in a nicer bathroom. Been there and done that many times. Thank goodness to nice people that keep those bathrooms clean.

If i really had to poop and i was far from home, i would try to find a toilet. I dont normally carry changes with me. Even so id rather not have to stink in public or try changing in a public restroom. And i feel the reality of public restrooms is like this. The toilet gets cleaned 10 times more often than the walls. And for that reason alone id probably take my chances with the toilet than leaning against the wall to change.

All in all push come to shove, i would use my diaper if there wasnt another easy option.

it really depends on the public restroom. Ideally I would use the public restroom, but sometimes there isn't one near enough since I can't hold it very long. The area where I live can't really afford nice things so restrooms are run down at best and an unspeakable nightmare at worst. At one point I was out and really had to go and I knew I couldn't make it all the way back home. It was one of my good days so no diaper at the time. I knew the park in between had small public restrooms and was very close, so I thought to just stop there and go then get on with walking home. The whole tiny building looked like it had been forgotten about a long time ago, but I was already out of options at that point so I went on over to a stall and pushed the door open. Then it didn't really matter anymore because I very suddenly discovered that a huge spider had made its home in the dry toilet and I ended up crapping my pants. Had to walk the rest of the way home before I could clean up. I've never been in that park's public restrooms again.
Broken tiles, cracked mirrors or minor cosmetic damage to a public restroom is enough to make me uncomfortable being in there but not enough for me to not use it. If I'm desperate even a broken lock on the stall door isn't enough since I can just keep it closed with my foot. Lots of uncleanliness, spider or insect infestations, or stalls that don't have any doors are a deal breaker.

Diaper all the way and who says you have to change it right away as long as you are mindful of your surroundings and respectful to those around you? I don't shit myself when the need arises and then go stand around as many people as possible. Also, self checkout is the best thing ever for us diaper lovers! There are ways people and last I knew no one ever got arrested for shitting or pissing their pants.

I'd mess if the big girl potty was super gross, but I've only messed once and quickly realized it wasn't my thing.

9/10 times, I'd choose to wrangle my diaper down and potty like a big girl.

I like spicy food. Having spicy poo and driving kinda burns me. So the toilet is something I use. If I have to pee diaper all the way.

I like what others have said about it depending on how much longer I was going to be out. I refuse to mess if I am going to be around anyone or out in public for more than 15 minutes. Also because the diapers I typically wear are cloth backed I can retape them with ease. However, if they are wet I will just try to hold it for as long as possible because I hate putting on an already wet diaper.

Public toilets tend to smell awful and not be very clean. Maybe in countries where they are kept clean it wouldn't be so bad, but would prefer a diaper in most situations.

Reactions: quattrus
bigtoddler96 said:
What’s the point of using a toilet if you can just mess in your diaper? I despise ABDLs still prefering to use a toilet for pooping even though they’re wearing diapers. Diapers are supposed to be for both peeing and pooping. Just poop in your diapers already, no need to have trouble using a toilet.

Maybe because we don't want to subject people to the smell. Maybe because I had just changed and I don't want to dirty a clean diaper and having to chance so soon. I also don't want to go to my kids' school smelling like shit if I have to go inside. Also not everyone likes the clean up and pooping in diapers isn't easy when you first start wearing. It's like the diaper is holding the poop in when you push and it's not coming out.

That really depends. I have had times where I had to mess my diaper because it was more convenient than trying to hold it and I am suffering in agony because of the stomach cramps that are very painful. I am also sweating very bad because of the pain I am dealing with from the sharp stomach cramps. I have also done it when I had no restrooms nearby and I didn't want to hold it and risk getting myself constipated because I held it for too long and then I would need to use an enema to get it out. I also do not like the feeling of needing to take a dump. I am wearing a diaper so why not use it than taking the other risk and dealing with the discomfort? I am going home anyway. I don't do it out of gratification. I would never mess myself intentionally and then stay in it. I would just go home if it happened. If it becomes more of a normal thing, I would start carrying an extra with so I can go change and not have to go home. And it is not comfortable having runny poo in your diaper, plus it stings and itches. So why would I even choose to do this? I hate it when it happens but it's rare when it does.

But most of the time I prefer to do it in the public toilet because I don't want to impose the smell on others and because I don't want to waste a diaper. I would have to change sooner is why. I will only mess in it when I find it practical and for stomach situations. If it becomes more of a occurring thing, I will start carrying an extra diaper with again so I wouldn't have to go home and call it a day.

I would use neither.

Full. Colon. Explosion.

Today we got out of work early and even so got caught in heavy traffic on the way home, when faced with the choice of bury rest area or diaper... I chose diaper and cracked the windows...

I'd feel very self conscious if I messed my diaper in public. I would only do it if it were an emergency in the car and if daddy could change me afterward.

not a big fan of messing. I wont do it unless the circumstances make it convenient for me, but also being sure it wont inconvenience anyone around me. it pisses me off when some people say "diapers are meant for both peeing and messes" and "I think it would only be ok for abdls to go poop in the potty if they re-potty train and give up diapers" i mean, what kind of gatekeeping is this?

just because I use diapers during the day sometimes doesn't mean I'm unpotty trained, im actually a bedwetter and require them at night. but wearing them during the day is very nice and convenient too. but i only use them for wettings! besides my occasional accidents due to IBS but trust me when I say I dont even enjoy that at all.

Messing is like 1% for me. I always wet, but have to be in the mood and mentally prepared for the awful cleanup to mess. I do not wear out of necessity for either.

Back