Diaper Covers, The Best and The Worst

DLinSecret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My go to diaper cover I get off of Amazon is Haian Plastic Pull Ons transparent blue, white, or clear. We are in the process of moving and I packed up all my pants with the exception of two blue ones which I use primarily at night. Well living in an Airbnb for two months while we wait for our house to be finished built we (I say we because I’m pretty sure it’s my wife) lost them when they were supposed to be washed. Looking through my supplies I found a pair I had bought but never tried which are the really loud crinkly gurber type. I bought them before reading the reviews of how loud they are.

I put them on and seriously every subtle move these things sound like I have a grocery bag on me. My wife and I can’t stop laughing at how loud they are to the point she refuses for me to get up off the couch and refill my glass of wine or she herself might pee her pants. Not to mention these things do not hold a leak well at all.

So I ask what are the best and worst pants you’ve worn/ bought and why.

like I said I’ve only worn the Haians as they work for me, there may be better out there (wouldn’t know) after tonight I am certain there are worse.

Im a fan of rears diaper wraps. I have two of them. They are very soft and cute and also good at keeping leaks in.

Reactions: satinbottom and DLinSecret
I'm not sure if direct links are allowed here so I won't post it (can message you if you want!) but I'm a really big fan of the "Sigzagor" brand adult diaper covers on Amazon. They have 2 sizes for each print, the smaller one uses snaps like a baby diaper, and the larger one uses velcro wings. They fit a very large range of sizes, I have a 42-44 inch waist and a very big butt and the large velcro ones fit comfortably over thick diapers with plenty of room, but they also fit well on my smaller partner without being overly bulky. They seem impossibly cheap ($13-15 delivered depending on the print) but I have 3 sets and I *love* them. They're PUL lined and have a pocket for if you want to put cloth pads in them, but I just wear them over my disposables. They support better than a onesie for me and the fit is quite excellent, covering the whole back of the diaper, and the inner legs without sticking into the diaper and wicking wetness out. Plus they're available in a ton of super cute prints as well as block colors. Another advantage (depending how you look at it) is that they make even the loudest diapers pretty much silent. I can wear Tykables Overnights or Incontrol Elites out around my friends and family and they make no noise at all. Highly recommend.

For more strictly practical use I also adore my GaryWear Active briefs. They're similar in that they're PUL lined with soft quiet fabric on the outside. The coverage is excellent and the elastics are not restrictive which is huge. They also silence the crinkle incredibly well and I feel very confident pushing my diapers much further when I have them on. They've never leaked on me. They also do an excellent job containing smell (wet or otherwise). These are what I wear any time I wear to work. Plus if they do show above the waist, they don't really look like anything and really just look like underwear or an undershirt. Another high recommendation.

Good Luck!

Reactions: checkingoutall, Lyric, AshtonFreecss and 4 others
The PUL diaper covers come in different colors and designs work perfectly well. Little to no noise great fit and very little leakage or none.

Reactions: Lyric and DLinSecret
PKitty said:
I'm not sure if direct links are allowed here so I won't post it (can message you if you want!) but I'm a really big fan of the "Sigzagor" brand adult diaper covers on Amazon. They have 2 sizes for each print, the smaller one uses snaps like a baby diaper, and the larger one uses velcro wings. They fit a very large range of sizes, I have a 42-44 inch waist and a very big butt and the large velcro ones fit comfortably over thick diapers with plenty of room, but they also fit well on my smaller partner without being overly bulky. They seem impossibly cheap ($13-15 delivered depending on the print) but I have 3 sets and I *love* them. They're PUL lined and have a pocket for if you want to put cloth pads in them, but I just wear them over my disposables. They support better than a onesie for me and the fit is quite excellent, covering the whole back of the diaper, and the inner legs without sticking into the diaper and wicking wetness out. Plus they're available in a ton of super cute prints as well as block colors. Another advantage (depending how you look at it) is that they make even the loudest diapers pretty much silent. I can wear Tykables Overnights or Incontrol Elites out around my friends and family and they make no noise at all. Highly recommend.

For more strictly practical use I also adore my GaryWear Active briefs. They're similar in that they're PUL lined with soft quiet fabric on the outside. The coverage is excellent and the elastics are not restrictive which is huge. They also silence the crinkle incredibly well and I feel very confident pushing my diapers much further when I have them on. They've never leaked on me. They also do an excellent job containing smell (wet or otherwise). These are what I wear any time I wear to work. Plus if they do show above the waist, they don't really look like anything and really just look like underwear or an undershirt. Another high recommendation.

Good Luck!
Pretty sure direct links are allowed here...so I'll give it a shot. :)

you mean these Sigzagor diaper covers?
1629675130914.png

Has anyone tried these from Haian?
1629675218346.png

As you mentioned, these strike me more as a diaper cover even though they are marketed as an all-in-one product.

I would like to suggest Gary Active Briefs. They seem to fit me and work for me.

I have also used Salk Sani Pants, but I don't like them as much. The Gary Actives fit me better.

It seems that Rearz has discontinued my preferred Susan style plastic and rubber pants.

Reactions: checkingoutall and dbcl92
DLinSecret said:
My go to diaper cover I get off of Amazon is Haian Plastic Pull Ons transparent blue, white, or clear. We are in the process of moving and I packed up all my pants with the exception of two blue ones which I use primarily at night. Well living in an Airbnb for two months while we wait for our house to be finished built we (I say we because I’m pretty sure it’s my wife) lost them when they were supposed to be washed. Looking through my supplies I found a pair I had bought but never tried which are the really loud crinkly gurber type. I bought them before reading the reviews of how loud they are.

I put them on and seriously every subtle move these things sound like I have a grocery bag on me. My wife and I can’t stop laughing at how loud they are to the point she refuses for me to get up off the couch and refill my glass of wine or she herself might pee her pants. Not to mention these things do not hold a leak well at all.

So I ask what are the best and worst pants you’ve worn/ bought and why.

like I said I’ve only worn the Haians as they work for me, there may be better out there (wouldn’t know) after tonight I am certain there are worse.
Haian plastic pants and covers are quite well made. I have a 3 pack white plastic pants covers .They also are a good price, all too often many China made plastic pants or incontinence items are many times deemed cheaply made. Haian items are pretty good.

Reactions: Zeke, sissybaby34, DLinSecret and 1 other person
PKitty said:

Good Luck!
Do these work on the "diaper sweats" without making yourself overheat? That's been a big issue of mine and while I can find some great prints on etsy, hesitant to reach out to people for teen/small adult sizes

I have recently been using DryLife plastic pants and side snap on pants. They seem to be very good. Before that I was using Suprima. However, after a few weeks the Suprima ones become brittle and sharp and they can become really uncomfortable and scratch around the legs. I also use Snuggleblanks wraps

Not sure there is a "best" diaper cover, but rather its whatever suits you the best. I personally like plastic pants that remind me of when I was a kid and wore cloth diapers and rubber pants for my bedwetting. My favorite practical diaper cover is the high back 7 mil plastic pant sold by a variety of places but made, I suspect, by Gary. I wear them most every night to bed and seldom have leaks. I also enjoy more colorful plastic pants in different colors and childish patterns especially when I'm feeling more like a kid, or like someone to tease me, or just feel a little embarrased.

Reactions: checkingoutall
iluvdps2 said:
Pretty sure direct links are allowed here...so I'll give it a shot. :)

you mean these Sigzagor diaper covers?
View attachment 61456

Has anyone tried these from Haian?
View attachment 61457

As you mentioned, these strike me more as a diaper cover even though they are marketed as an all-in-one product.
I have that Haian diaper cover in the closet. I <think> my washer tried to eat them and absolutely destroyed the tabs on them. They are incredibly soft and it sucked, but it is what it is... I can vouch for Sigzagor, though. I've got 3 in different colors and they are awesome!

Reactions: iluvdps2
AshtonFreecss said:
I have that Haian diaper cover in the closet. I <think> my washer tried to eat them and absolutely destroyed the tabs on them. They are incredibly soft and it sucked, but it is what it is... I can vouch for Sigzagor, though. I've got 3 in different colors and they are awesome!
Does the care instruction label say you can put them in the dryer? I was just going to assume they were machine wash and hang dry...
However, it's awesome to hear you think they are super soft. I've read that, and that is what I'm aiming for.

Reactions: AshtonFreecss
iluvdps2 said:
Does the care instruction label say you can put them in the dryer? I was just going to assume they were machine wash and hang dry...
However, it's awesome to hear you think they are super soft. I've read that, and that is what I'm aiming for.
For most plastic pants you can wash between 30-40 centigrade and definitely hang dry.

Reactions: Jim100
iluvdps2 said:
While I agree with your approach for plastic pants, my post was referencing an all-in-one diaper with a soft plastic exterior.
I see, If it has plastic on it, I don't think tumble drying is viable. The heat will make the plastic become brittle. I would just wash and put it on a extra spin program.

Reactions: Jim100, 12srepaid and iluvdps2
I have all kinds of diaper covers and plastic pants. The latest I`ve tried are a Japanese style cover that has a Velcro waist that works really well to hold up your diaper close to your waist . These are fairly cheep and I was a little reluctant to try them thinking they probably wouldn't hold up. Anyway this is where I got them. They come in different colors and prints. I really like them . It takes about a month to get them. http://www.nicediaper.com/FuuBuu2219-Japan-style-snap-on-pant_p_20.html

Reactions: WillFord384
Rearz really got it right with these new diaper covers. They are comfortable, nice tight fit around the legs and tummy, soft material, fun print, and they aren't stupid over sized like a parachute.

dfgg44.jpg

Reactions: Jim100 and ABDLEunuch
iluvdps2 said:
I am not actually sure what the label says (I'm being incredibly lazy here, they are literally just tucked away at the top of my closet) but I do think I air dried them. And they are, without a doubt, the softest I've ever owned.

I’ve been using Haian diaper covers for several years now, primarily purchased from Amazon with some coming from eBay. When I first started using them their large size were quite small and it seemed like they had a size missing between large and extra large. They’ve corrected this with their current size large running true to size. I’ve bought them in the opaque white, red, blue, black, pink, and now bright yellow. The white pants, my preferred pant, are a different vinyl than the colored pants and the yellow pants are made from still different material, a noisy, rubber like material called EVA. This EVA is resistant to degradation from body biologicals (I have urine and fecal incontinence) unlike the vinyl which hardens as well as stains. It is more easily stretched out of shape than vinyl. The only other pants that I found that are highly “immune” to contact with these biologicals are made from polyethylene or PEVA. I don’t particularly like the polyethylene pants, but the PEVA pants, that I got from Baby-Pants.com, do stain lightly yet they haven’t shown any signs of hardening or cracking. PEVA is also nearly indestructible and is one of my materials of choice for dealing with my IC in a cost effective manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim100
neophyte said:
Rearz really got it right with these new diaper covers. They are comfortable, nice tight fit around the legs and tummy, soft material, fun print, and they aren't stupid over sized like a parachute.

View attachment 61793
Really? These give me bruises around the leg (but I guess women legs are a bit thicker, I fit xsmall prefectably in the other measurements (my thighs are 21/22” but since I dont fit anything else on this site I went with hips/waist sizing instead of legs. They also wick/leak for me almost everytime. I think a bit stretcher may help? Not much give

Back