Delivery man deliver diapers, nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
dl23aar said:
Hi,

Is it me, or do anyone else gets nervous as heck when the delivery man deliver the diapers?

Sure the box is just brown, but still. One day he did come and the box had some holes, but luckily nothing was visible.

The feeling feels like when i first bought diapers for the first time out in a shop.
I had diapers delivered to the rental office at my apartment. Only once did I have an issue from USPS. A box was crushed and anyone that saw the box knew what was inside. It had a sticker that said damaged in shipment. Like that helped. Luckily, my diapers weren't damaged. The apt. manager knows that I am a disabled vet. So, I don't think she cared. I was a little embarrassed but, most people know I wear. So, I blew it off. I complained to USPS, and they agreed to deliver my packages to my door from then on.

I forgot to mention earlier that I had a box Supremes lost in shipment from Northshore. They were great they replaced it and sent several samples of the Mega-Max in different sizes. From now on I am a Mega-Max Man

Last edited:
If it makes you feel better, the delivery drivers are on only a need to know basis. Their need to know is, where the package is coming from and where it is going to and is the package being handled correctly or not or is it lost in transit or stolen. Some cases if it is stolen, they must know the contents of the package and their description and dollar value. As far as understanding that it is diapers, they are required by law to understand that they are for medical reasons and nothing more, nothing less.

Outside of that, their main focus is to get the packages from point A to point B and not stop to open the packages up and start needlessly going through your business and such. That is against federal law there. And they are not even supposed to even by state and federal law to inquire as to why you are ordering such things in the first place. That can and will breach your Privacy and HIPPA rights even which that could cause them to lose all their business licenses and contracts.

Hope this helps!

DanielW said:
I've had "boxes" come taped together by ups and fedex after coming apart in the shipping process. You get used to stuff. Besides, I'm sure they've all seen worse.

Yep a lot of diaper case boxes are way too lightweight for their contents. One good drop or set something heavy on top of what looks like a big (and expectedly sturdy) box and they will split. Or a hole will get torn in them easily. I've had to pick up cases from the post office that had a large hole in the case. USPS is the worst. Fedex and UPS are usually better.

dogboy said:
With independent third party suppliers, sometimes diapers aren't protected. I once ordered a large box of girl Goodnites from Amazon and sitting at my front door was the girl's Goodnite box with the address label on the box. I suppose anyone driving by could see that. My wife was amused.

Well yeah, when they sell all manner of things they dont care about the discretion of a Customers package because Diapers is only one of the many things they sell; they could stop selling diapers and probably not lose much business because of it.

When all a company sells is Diapers you have a much higher chance that they will care about your privacy as a customer and want repeat business, and will probably understand how some people have shame associated with needing diapers.

I would not worry most of the time my diapers are delivered it's on the box

I pickup my diapers from our local post office, the ladies that work there now know me by sight and have my cases ready at the counter before I get to the front of the line. Im sure they know whats in the box’s as I regularly pickup multiple cases every 5 weeks or so. I no longer worry about who knows what about my diaper shipments as I am no longer embarrassed about needing them.
The only thing your delivery driver will notice is the weight of your packages and will be happy on the days you only recieve a small package from amazon :)

Rob110 said:
I pickup my diapers from our local post office, the ladies that work there now know me by sight and have my cases ready at the counter before I get to the front of the line. Im sure they know whats in the box’s as I regularly pickup multiple cases every 5 weeks or so. I no longer worry about who knows what about my diaper shipments as I am no longer embarrassed about needing them.
The only thing your delivery driver will notice is the weight of your packages and will be happy on the days you only recieve a small package from amazon :)
See, I'm really nervous this week for picking up my first sample abu pack at my college mail office how long does it take to get used to that kind of stuff?

I am doing my re-stock right now so I have a few orders placed. Two orders come to my work/office, and one is an amazon pick up point.

My order from AgeComfort (3 packs of Forsite under the sea) came to my work (earlier this morning I'm guessing) and the shipping/receiving guy left it on my chair.

EEEEEEKKKKK.... It's a bit more obvious than the pictures lead on. Oh well! :sneaky:

never usually a issue other then first time i ordered via a new company, was not the new company's fault , I get a mix of various couriers who usually ships or send , sometimes canada post , Fedex , ups purolator , only once the box came really damaged the diapers was not damaged thankfully but missing contends from the box , but the post person keep picking at trying to look inside if damaged im like ill look at it at home haha,

LOL i enjoy seeing the mail carrier bring in my 6 cases of Abenas and the poor UPS driver bringing in my and my son incontinence supplies each month granted he has gotten lazy now and drop them off at the apartment complex office. That makes for a real pain in the ass loading all in my small car and hauling it up a flight of stairs

I'm not sure how ordering baby diapers/products go, but I know that most adult diapers are delivered discretely, even from Amazon. I don't think the delivery drivers give 2 craps about what's in the box since they just deliver them.

I never really put any thought into the whole shipping process, that was until I decided I would pick up the diapers I ordered for my little guy at a pick up location. Went in no anxiety. Give them my name and the box had been so badly damaged that they were just in a canvas bag with my shipping label taped to it. The young lady who retrieved it for me was very professional but I knew she knew what they were and there was a bit of ......uh ....” here you are” I said thank you smiled and signed and had that “ OMG “ though all the way to the car...once in my car I felt more relieved and knew I would prob never see her again. So home I went.

PrisonMike said:
See, I'm really nervous this week for picking up my first sample abu pack at my college mail office how long does it take to get used to that kind of stuff?

it takes a while but the quicker you realize no one is watching you when you pickup a diaper shipment or even if you buy diapers from walmart and walk around with the bag in your hands or in your cart no one really notices or cares if they do. I was scared at first to but fortunately it did not take me long to get past the fear of being seen with a diaper :)

I don't care about the neutrality of the package so I really not stressed by it, I very much stressed when I order computer thing because it's a fragile thing.

neophyte said:
I am doing my re-stock right now so I have a few orders placed. Two orders come to my work/office, and one is an amazon pick up point.

My order from AgeComfort (3 packs of Forsite under the sea) came to my work (earlier this morning I'm guessing) and the shipping/receiving guy left it on my chair.

EEEEEEKKKKK.... It's a bit more obvious than the pictures lead on. Oh well! :sneaky:

View attachment 33226View attachment 33227
Love the package, the carton material same very high cost this days Haha

I usually have my diapers delivered in a nearby shop (it’s a collect point). I am always nervous that the lady is going to recognize me since the box is always the same, plus I never buy anything (they sell cigarettes and newspapers) and that me walking with a huge box each month or so would raise questions among people and inhabitants of my building. But once I get home I don’t think about it anymore.

A few years ago I was living in another city and had my diapers delivered in the post office just across the street. The employee asked me what was inside. the box I didn’t know what I looked like at the moment but I didn’t say anything and just walked out with the box.

Note that the cardboard box is always plain, there is just the seller’s name written on the label where my address is. It doesn’t say incontinence but nearly.

Hakanloaim said:
I usually have my diapers delivered in a nearby shop (it’s a collect point). I am always nervous that the lady is going to recognize me since the box is always the same, plus I never buy anything (they sell cigarettes and newspapers) and that me walking with a huge box each month or so would raise questions among people and inhabitants of my building. But once I get home I don’t think about it anymore.

A few years ago I was living in another city and had my diapers delivered in the post office just across the street. The employee asked me what was inside. the box I didn’t know what I looked like at the moment but I didn’t say anything and just walked out with the box.

Note that the cardboard box is always plain, there is just the seller’s name written on the label where my address is. It doesn’t say incontinence but nearly.

Insert snide "your mom" joke to the person asking what was in your box

You shouldn't worry because either way they are going to stop thinking about what you have delivered just keep it normal

I woud never risk having diapers delivered at my workplace. Lately I've been having UPS hold them for pickup, but even that can fail. This time I had three cases (from two different sellers) due to arrive on the same day. I set al three to be held for pickup, with text notifications. While at work, I get three notices, two cases are waiting for pickup, and one was delevered to my house and is at my side door. Lots of different excuses were made, varying from "you didn't place the request in time" (two days ahead!) to "the depot may not accept holds" (so why did they hold the other two?) to "it may have been a driver mistake" (why was it even on the truck in the first place?) Finally it came down to "your change of delivery was properly entred and fully accepted, but some (unknown) glitch in our system caused it not to get acted on." In other words, "We screwed up, we have no idea what went wrong, and there's no telling when we'll do it again".

Lovely. The gal did have a good suggestion though, I can set packages to ALWAYS be held for delivery, which should be automatically applied to anything that the sender hasn't explicitly required to be attempted at least once. I suppose we'll see how that goes, I already have such an order on the USPS since they've more than proven they're the Keystone Cops of package delivery.

Can they even tell what's in side the boxes? They all come in different sizes so are you assuming that the delivery man will recognize a box of diapers based on the size of the package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back