Delivery man deliver diapers, nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antientmariner said:
Can they even tell what's in side the boxes? They all come in different sizes so are you assuming that the delivery man will recognize a box of diapers based on the size of the package?

They dont have X-Ray vision, it is simply another one of those things where we worry for absolutely no reason.

1. There are lots of people that have a Medical need for Diapers and even if the Delivery Man knew it was Diapers they wouldnt care (they would probably think the Person receiving the Diapers is Incontinent)

2. Their job is to deliver things, not to care what is inside them; once a delivery is done they move on to the next one; it is simply a way for them to make necessary money to live their life; nothing more.

BabyTyrant said:
They dont have X-Ray vision, it is simply another one of those things where we worry for absolutely no reason.

1. There are lots of people that have a Medical need for Diapers and even if the Delivery Man knew it was Diapers they wouldnt care (they would probably think the Person receiving the Diapers is Incontinent)

2. Their job is to deliver things, not to care what is inside them; once a delivery is done they move on to the next one; it is simply a way for them to make necessary money to live their life; nothing more.
Yeah so why even trip? Same reason everyone else trips. The great stigma surrounding our community

Antientmariner said:
Yeah so why even trip? Same reason everyone else trips. The great stigma surrounding our community

Yeah, I understand why people worry, but I really dont worry about the public at large; if I ever worry it is that I will catch the attention of the worst kind of person that feels like ruining someone's life because of finding out something they dont like about a person

And them knowing enough information to make an attempt to ruin my life.

I know this is very unlikely, but besides that my only fear is if someone I actually know finding out about my ABDL side and somehow trying to make my life worse for it.

I know both are very unlikely though so I dont worry too much.

But for damn sure I dont worry about the delivery man; like I said even if they find out they are delivering diapers go you; they probably dont know you and would never know you dont have a medical need.

So the "risk level" associated with them is basically 0, they get paid to deliver things, they dont care, and they are probably aware of way worse things than if someone likes diapers.

Antientmariner said:
Can they even tell what's in side the boxes? They all come in different sizes so are you assuming that the delivery man will recognize a box of diapers based on the size of the package?

Depends on if there's a hole in the box, or a gap between the cardboard flaps making diapers visible through packing tape, or if something on the box says "diapers". (I've experienced all three)

And when I called UPS the other day to see if they really delivered the third case that was supposed to be held, the first thing he asked me is "what's in the box?" I kept telling him "private". After the third time he asked, I pointed out I was not the shipper, and at this point I didn't think it was lost, I just suspected it had been mis-deiivered. (he quit asking me what was in the box at that point)

Keep in mind the shippers are only responsible to the sender, and things like refunds for lost or damaged shipments are entirely between the shipper and the sender - the receiver is mostly out of the loop.

bambinod said:
Depends on if there's a hole in the box, or a gap between the cardboard flaps making diapers visible through packing tape, or if something on the box says "diapers". (I've experienced all three)

And when I called UPS the other day to see if they really delivered the third case that was supposed to be held, the first thing he asked me is "what's in the box?" I kept telling him "private". After the third time he asked, I pointed out I was not the shipper, and at this point I didn't think it was lost, I just suspected it had been mis-deiivered. (he quit asking me what was in the box at that point)

Keep in mind the shippers are only responsible to the sender, and things like refunds for lost or damaged shipments are entirely between the shipper and the sender - the receiver is mostly out of the loop.
The ups dude kept asking what was inside your package? That isn't anybody's business except yours and the seller. You should never have to disclose the contents of what's being traded, should you? I'm genuinely not sure

The first time I ordered diapers online, the package (just a flat brown envelope with the bubbles inside) had "diapers" written in the comments form on the customs label. The delivery guy brought my item, and my item alone, to my apartment on the third floor. As he handed me the package he gave me this look and I haven't forgotten it. It was a look of "who is this person and why are they ordering this?" and I think when a guy in his early 20s opened the door to a bachelor apartment he learned all he needed to know.

The only other time I've felt weird was when I picked up a parcel from the post office the lady there also gave me an inquisitive look. I think the parcel must have said the contents as well. So it's interesting that delivery people find it funny but when I buy from the store, as a young guy, the tellers don't bat an eye.

I always get nervous, but it's decreased over time. The worst was when I ordered some Attends from a medical supply place and they came in a box marked Attends, I nearly had a heart attack (not literally).

But like the others have said, delivery people are used to dealing adult type products and way worse, they probably don't even care...still get nervous tho.

My last delivery was from abroad, and the proforma invoice A4 paper on the box stated 3x cases adult nappies. Not sure if im going to do that again as it's always the same delivery guy who delivers here.

BukLau said:
My last delivery was from abroad, and the proforma invoice A4 paper on the box stated 3x cases adult nappies. Not sure if im going to do that again as it's always the same delivery guy who delivers here.
As far as I'm aware, international shipments need their contents disclosed for customs reasons. I've seen it both on separate sheets that will be removed by the shipping company and customs in both the sending country and receiving country (there needs to be 3 copies for that reason) as well as directly on the labels.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
flipside said:
As far as I'm aware, international shipments need their contents disclosed for customs reasons.

Some shippers seem to be more vague than others though. I've seen diapers labeled "incontinence", "clothing", "medical", and "sanitary".

I've sold diapers several times, and when I ship them I usually label them "clothing", where UPS asks for "contents". That's probably more for insurance purposes than anything though, those shipments aren't international. I think "hey a package arrived for you this morning, says it's 'clothes'" would be easier to explain for that reason also.

I recently just purchased some diapers and on the box itself says adult diapers eg tena logo outside the box but its a brown box, i was very nervous too but i just have to hope they think nothing of it and have other deliveries to make and forget about my boxes of diapers lol. I know it is none of their concern but i always try to make it seems i am accepting delivery for someone else even though they are for me.

bambinod said:
Some shippers seem to be more vague than others though. I've seen diapers labeled "incontinence", "clothing", "medical", and "sanitary".

I've sold diapers several times, and when I ship them I usually label them "clothing", where UPS asks for "contents". That's probably more for insurance purposes than anything though, those shipments aren't international. I think "hey a package arrived for you this morning, says it's 'clothes'" would be easier to explain for that reason also.
I work in a store that ships things on behalf of customers, we uses to use UPS and now use FedEx so I have experience with both large shipping companies. For domestic purposes disclosing the contents is just for the shipping companies behalf for insurance. FedEx actually asks has me pick electronics, fragile, or other from a drip down, then the customer says what's inside and they can be as vague as they want. I also always ask point blank "what's inside the box?" because while it might be something that you could drop off at FedEx I might not be able to ship it because of our contract with FedEx.

For international shipments you basically make an itemized invoice though. You have to say what's in the package, how many, how much each one costs (and the sum of that has to equal the total cost you declared for the package) where they were originally manufactures, and all sorts of other insane stuff. Failing to do so could make it end up back on your doorstep or get stuck in customs limbo. My manager once shipped something to Canada and did not fill out his customs paperwork properly and the box was back on his porch 5 days later. We downloaded the forms and had him fill them out without being vague and then the box made it to its destination.

dl23aar said:
thanks for reply. Yes, i try to relax, but that is not easy.

also, i have a nosy neighbor, and he has seen me with the brown boxes before. (i pick up the creams and powder my self). one time i was thinking about just to say to him, "look here, thats why i receive boxes" and show him a diaper, but the again, he has nothing to do with it at all, so... but i was just thinking to get him to shut up.
maybe it's also because of the neighbor i get nervous when i get deliverys.

You could always ask the delivery man if would like to try one out.😜

It doesn't bother me anymore, last time my diapers were delivered. I simply open the door in my diapers, I didn't care. When i order diapers we order more than normal ppl do and sometime we get bundle deals. All my kids are in diapers because of my genetic's, we are a diaper wearing family except my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back