Cold weather making incontinence worse

virginiadiaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Who else seems to feel that the incontinence is worse during this cold weather? I could at least go every 1-1.5 hours in the summer and now I’m back to leaking or having urge incontinence every 30 minutes. I was able to use pull-ups some during the summer, but I think it’ll have to be diapers this whole winter. Does this happen to anyone else?

Reactions: TheBlueHeron, JulestheFloof, AttilaThePun and 8 others
I wet the bed more in the winter simply because I'm less inclined to get out of bed when its cold out

• Wow
Reactions: michaelmc, AttilaThePun, diaperdude and 5 others
Yep , went out with the. Mutt this morning and within 5 mins I needed a pee
It was 6c out side

Reactions: michaelmc, AttilaThePun and diaperdude
Oh yes, I do notice during fall/winter my betterdrys do fill up quicker, though most Of the time i do not feel it.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and ILuvDiapers
I experience urge incontinence in cold weather. I am likely to feel a need to go when I walk outside and I have very little warning. Store parking lots seem to be my enemy in the winter. I usually wear Tena underwear for Men when it's cold outside.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, ianwee and ILuvDiapers
When the temperature goes down all I want to do is per every 15 minutes or so and there is no stopping it
Heavy disposable Nappy use age during winter.

• Wow
Reactions: AttilaThePun, ILuvDiapers and NappiedTruckDriver
Napincolove said:
When the temperature goes down all I want to do is per every 15 minutes or so and there is no stopping it
Heavy disposable Nappy use age during winter.
And I thought I was bad

Moving quickly from indoor heat to outdoor cold is a strong wetting trigger.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, chamberpot, TheBlueHeron and 1 other person
wet diapers in below-zero weather EWWWW COLD

Reactions: AttilaThePun and NorthwestDiaperDude
Muhdeee said:
I wet the bed more in the winter simply because I'm less inclined to get out of bed when its cold out
Yes using the diaper late at night when and if you wake up is definitely convenient.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Just got up to a very cold house as I think our boiler has finally given up, got half way down through the kitchen when my bladder let go, boy the temperature has dropped and thank goodness I still had my nightime Nappy on !
My Nappy stock is seriously going to be depleted until we have some heat here.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AttilaThePun, ILuvDiapers and NappiedTruckDriver
I have urinary ic definitely Pee more when it's cold outside evev when inside a warm comfy bed.

Tell you the truth ,I cant really tell the difference !

Reactions: AttilaThePun
One nice aspect of the cold weather is that the outdoor diaper garbage doesn't smell as much.

• Haha
Reactions: AttilaThePun, ILuvDiapers, BABYTIGERCUB and 1 other person
virginiadiaper said:
Who else seems to feel that the incontinence is worse during this cold weather? I could at least go every 1-1.5 hours in the summer and now I’m back to leaking or having urge incontinence every 30 minutes. I was able to use pull-ups some during the summer, but I think it’ll have to be diapers this whole winter. Does this happen to anyone else?
Yes this is the first year I noticed that but I go maybe twice before I leave the house and the grocery store is not that far away but by the time I get there and get a few things, I am starting to leak a little and know before long the flood will start. If I am gone longer than 20 min. to 30 min. I have usually gone in my pull up by the time I am home. Sometimes it is even stepping out the door into the cold that starts me off.

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun, ianwee, ILuvDiapers and 1 other person
Angelapinks said:
Yes this is the first year I noticed that but I go maybe twice before I leave the house and the grocery store is not that far away but by the time I get there and get a few things, I am starting to leak a little and know before long the flood will start. If I am gone longer than 20 min. to 30 min. I have usually gone in my pull up by the time I am home. Sometimes it is even stepping out the door into the cold that stars me off.
The supermarket is a how many times I can go signal to my bladder 👿

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Angelapinks
I did some research on medical forums in the hot months we sweat more that's less fluid our kidneys have to filter out, when it's cold outside we sweat less that's more fluid our kidneys have to filter out that makes a lot of sense we Pee more.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, AttilaThePun, Pino and 8 others
Cold is definitely a trigger, But a Cold, Damp and Rainy day,,, I don't have chance in hell staying dry.
Just about everything mentioned above is also true with me.

• Sad
Reactions: AttilaThePun, TheBlueHeron, ILuvDiapers and 3 others
mine is worse if I work in heat or just in general if it is cold so yes it does make it worse, cold has a bit of a numbing effect and that makes me wet more frequently. We have had cold weather here and I had 4 accidents today and 3 today never notice the urge to go today or yesterday.

Cold weather definitely increases incontinence symptoms. Add coffee to that and you’d better have a good nappy on, no pull-ups.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, ILuvDiapers, virginiadiaper and 1 other person
Back