Cloth/Washable Pullups (Seeking reviews and suggestions)

TheDideeboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I've been using a Gary washable/cloth pull-up with plastic pants and absolutely LOVE it and I want MORE!! However they're a bit on the pricey side ($60). I see Leakmaster sells one too for almost 1/3 the price. Do any of you have experience with these and recommendations? Especially if you've tried the Gary version and how other brands compare would be most appreciated.

Reactions: Cottontail
Not tried gary pull ups but I do use their pul plastic pants and I've heard mixed reviews on leakmaster some saying they are great others not so much.

I did a full review on the Threaded armour pull ups a while back and still say they are very good but also crazy expensive to get in the UK so I now make my own clone of them for much cheaper, they are good though if you can afford them plus import fees.

Reactions: TheDideeboy, StarryNight, Cottontail and 1 other person
I’d Recommend Threaded Armor! Super good quality, comfy, and can hold about 1 wetting if you don’t flood. No plastic pants required with them either.

LiddleBigBoy said:
I’d Recommend Threaded Armor! Super good quality, comfy, and can hold about 1 wetting if you don’t flood. No plastic pants required with them either.
I can usually get 2 or more good wettings in them but as said I make my own and use a different material for the pads (bamboo and cotton rather than pure microfibre), I also use more than just one booster inside the hero insert depending on where I'm wearing so it can get quite thick.

Reactions: TheDideeboy
The Threaded Armor pull-ups are a great out-and-about option, but you are buying discreetness with absorbency. Super absorbent they ain't! I like to think of mine as training pants.

As far as other options go, @TheDideeboy, I've tried the Leakmaster pull-ons, and I definitely don't recommend them. Thin, low-absorbency, the flannel fabric pills (gets lots of those little balls on it and develops a rough texture), and most annoyingly of all, the exterior shrinks more than the sewn-in booster pad, so the pad always ends up with a big wrinkle in it, which you feel when you sit. I think Leakmaster prefolds are fine, but their pull-on is just a bad design.

You might also consider the InControl Fitted Snap Diapers. These were previously sold by Rearz as the Super Snap, and I have about a half-dozen Rearz-branded Super Snaps. I really like them. As described on the product page, you can set the snaps to the desired position and then use them as pull-ups, which is what I generally do. Of course, like the Leakmaster ones, these have to be worn with separate plastic pants. The absorbency of these is considerably better than the Leakmaster ones, but still nothing amazing. Consider stuffing with a purpose-made booster or a toddler prefold when bulk isn't an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDideeboy and StarryNight
Cottontail said:
The Threaded Armor pull-ups are a great out-and-about option, but you are buying discreetness with absorbency. Super absorbent they ain't! I like to think of mine as training pants.

As far as other options go, @TheDideeboy, I've tried the Leakmaster pull-ons, and I definitely don't recommend them. Thin, low-absorbency, the flannel fabric pills (gets lots of those little balls on it and develops a rough texture), and most annoyingly of all, the exterior shrinks more than the sewn-in booster pad, so the pad always ends up with a big wrinkle in it, which you feel when you sit. I think Leakmaster prefolds are fine, but their pull-on is just a bad design.

You might also consider the InControl Fitted Snap Diapers. These were previously sold by Rearz as the Super Snap, and I have about a half-dozen Rearz-branded Super Snaps. I really like them. As described on the product page, you can set the snaps to the desired position and then use them as pull-ups, which is what I generally do. Of course, like the Leakmaster ones, these have to be worn with separate plastic pants. The absorbency of these is considerably better than the Leakmaster ones, but still nothing amazing. Consider stuffing with a purpose-made booster or a toddler prefold when bulk isn't an issue.
This is super helpful thank you! I was very much considering the Leakmaster one but I totally get what you're saying....that sounds annoying! I'll check out the snap ones...much appreciated!

LiddleBigBoy said:
Hey thanks. I've been eyeing Threaded Armor. They had a booth set up at the Abilities Expo in NJ last May. So bummed I missed them there bc I would've loved to see their product on display before buying. Plus the owner was there and she's really cute 😊

Belarin said:
Not tried gary pull ups but I do use their pul plastic pants and I've heard mixed reviews on leakmaster some saying they are great others not so much.

I did a full review on the Threaded armour pull ups a while back and still say they are very good but also crazy expensive to get in the UK so I now make my own clone of them for much cheaper, they are good though if you can afford them plus import fees.
Thanks for sharing that review. Wow, that is quite thorough....kudos for the time and effort that you put in to that.

Reactions: Belarin
TheDideeboy said:
Thanks for sharing that review. Wow, that is quite thorough....kudos for the time and effort that you put in to that.
Yeah took a bit of time but I'd been hearing about them for a while and couldn't really find a full and decently in depth review for them (or for that matter any cloth adult nappy products) and I was impressed enough that I thought it deserved the full treatment lol.

I'd definitely recommend them for anyone looking for discreet cloth options that are easy to care for clean and use, Unless they are only looking for overnight wear as that's where I found the Threaded Armour to fall short, (unsurprising as a pull up product really).

The biggest problem with them is import fees if your not in the states, especially as they are not a cheap nappy to begin with, but what you pay for is high quality, well made and well researched design elements.

Reactions: TheDideeboy
Most of the time I wear a disposable diaper (Abena plastic-backed) and sometimes I add a quality booster with plastic pants. But when I go play golf, tennis or softball I like to use Ecoable snap-on diaper cover with an insert or a good booster (like NS Eternadry contour 2 xl 27" x 10.5" booster). They add different absorbency but are discrete. Like when I'm playing tennis I'll wear compression shorts and I can move around without feeling the diaper too thick. After a couple of ours, if I start to get too wet these are easily to change. I can remove the inserts (or booster) and add some new ones. Yeah, you have to wash them but my cleaning lady doesn't mind.

Reactions: TheDideeboy and TigerDL
Back