nightfox320

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I wanted to see / share how others fasten their cloth diapers to themselves.

Since the start of the supply chain issues I obtained a substantial supply of cloth diapers for my overnight needs. When I first started I was using pre-folds with standard diaper pins. However, as I used them more and more I found that I preferred snap on contoured diapers and snappi’s much more than traditional pins. The snap on contour diapers are self explanatory. But the use of snappi’s is a little different. Instead of using on I use two to achieve a snug fit / simulate a 2 tape diaper. I will post pictures later, but basically I use the shortest portion of the snappi to attach to the wing of the diaper then pull the longer portions across the front of the diaper, one straight across on the top like you would with a tape on disposable and the second one angled downward on the crotch to pull it snug against my body.

I have found that this method of fastening not only helps the diaper stay on my body shape better, but helps me stay pointed down during the night and prevent leaks out the top of my plastic pants.

Any ways, would love to hear everyone else experiences / method of fastening for comparison and ideas of things to try!

Reactions: Cottontail
I wear cloth pre-folds. I use baby diaper pins and just pin my diaper corner to corner. I tried the snappies but had trouble with them staying put.

Reactions: Cottontail and nightfox320
EF122339-FCBC-45E8-BFC7-1F1D2C793779.jpeg5FECEA8C-E8AA-4A8E-B624-EB0AF91AFB56.jpeg
Here are pictures supporting my initial post.

Reactions: Deleted member 58937, NotTheAverageMan, dogboy and 2 others
I use ecoables. When it comes to cloth diapering I prefer less hassle and less articles. Ecoables have waterproof lining, are snap-buttoned, and use inserts. So they have alot of flexibility and they fit me perfectly. I tend to use them at night and there are several variations, you can get a cover with snap in insert/fitted diaper without waterproofing, a pocket diaper with snap in inserts and/or prefold inserts, or a pull on with tabs and snap in insert. So far my favorite are the pocket diapers. Also when I sleep in cloth diapers I sleep in just them and a t-shirt due to the possibility of compression leaks which cloth diapers are more prone to and the abdl PJs I have sadly dont have the terry cloth-like lining like many toddler PJs have to prevent the PJs from getting wet.

Last edited:
I mostly use pins, baby size, one per side. Or, when using one of my trim-fitting covers, I don't even bother with fasteners, and just lie my prefolds down the middle. The dual Snappi arrangements do seem to work well, but for me, that's just too many little grabby things to wrangle.

Reactions: littledub1955, Angelapinks and nightfox320
Cottontail said:
I mostly use pins, baby size, one per side. Or, when using one of my trim-fitting covers, I don't even bother with fasteners, and just lie my prefolds down the middle. The dual Snappi arrangements do seem to work well, but for me, that's just too many little grabby things to wrangle.
Yeah it can be a little bit of a pain to get started. But because I like the snug fit of a disposable this is the most comfortable arrangement for me.

Reactions: Cottontail
That is a brilliant use of snappies. Definitely will adopt for my use.

Reactions: nightfox320
Also, what brand of cloth diapers are those?

If using flats I go with Snappis, never could quite get diaper pins to hold them snug enough, so far one using Snappi has held them up well enough but the way you have them there with the short side on the wings looks interesting, I'll have to experiment with that.
If I'm not in a flat I'll use a fitted (currently have several from dotty diaper co.) and usually prefer velcro as it feels more versatile for getting the right fit. The only one with snaps I ever used did not fit well and I didn't like the way it sat on me which put me off of them but I have seen different arrangements of snaps on some that might work better for me, I would like to find some that work for me as snaps tend to last longer than velcro,

HomeAlone said:
Also, what brand of cloth diapers are those?
They are the leak master overnight prefolds. I really like them and they work great overnight. Still trying to get everything just right but generally I get no leaks and sleep soundly all night long. Though my onesie from Abu don’t fit over them so that’s kinda sad 😞

• Love
Reactions: HomeAlone
nightfox320 said:
They are the leak master overnight prefolds. I really like them and they work great overnight. Still trying to get everything just right but generally I get no leaks and sleep soundly all night long. Though my onesie from Abu don’t fit over them so that’s kinda sad 😞
I worn them as well and they are perfect to wear. I much prefer 3" diaper pins, two on each side. Never had much luck with Snappies, but I sure love my prefolds and cloth inserts. Hold so much, feel so comfortable and remind me so much of when I wore diapers as a child and teen.

nightfox320 said:
I wanted to see / share how others fasten their cloth diapers to themselves.

Since the start of the supply chain issues I obtained a substantial supply of cloth diapers for my overnight needs. When I first started I was using pre-folds with standard diaper pins. However, as I used them more and more I found that I preferred snap on contoured diapers and snappi’s much more than traditional pins. The snap on contour diapers are self explanatory. But the use of snappi’s is a little different. Instead of using on I use two to achieve a snug fit / simulate a 2 tape diaper. I will post pictures later, but basically I use the shortest portion of the snappi to attach to the wing of the diaper then pull the longer portions across the front of the diaper, one straight across on the top like you would with a tape on disposable and the second one angled downward on the crotch to pull it snug against my body.

I have found that this method of fastening not only helps the diaper stay on my body shape better, but helps me stay pointed down during the night and prevent leaks out the top of my plastic pants.

Any ways, would love to hear everyone else experiences / method of fastening for comparison and ideas of things to try!
I tried terry squares, being a would be traditionalist. But a 48" Square sure leaves no room for a skirt or pants. But my! Didn't I waddle. I use disposables now.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955
I wear Leakmaster night weight as well.

nightfox320 said:
View attachment 74015View attachment 74016
Here are pictures supporting my initial post.
Thanks for the pictures! I am still able to wear training underwear at night with my plastic underpants but someday I will probably need to go back into a more absorbent diaper like you show and the sanppies are something good to know about ahead of time.

Snappis are great
JOCKMAN said:
The sanppies are something good to know about ahead of time.
Snappis are a great invention they have 2 sizes one meant for newborns one larger meant for toddlers, you'll want to get the larger ones.

There is also a product called Bingo baby that only has two connection points instead of 3 and is rather a bit smaller, never tried these myself but they might work. You'd need to use them in pairs.

it is important to know though that these things don't work quite as well with certain material types. I've never had a problem so far though.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOCKMAN
The gauze contour diapers that I wear used to be secured with 3” stainless steel safety pins until I tried Snappis a little over a year ago. The way they maintain constant tension on the diaper, which compensates for the stretch that accompanies wetness, is a big benefit. The way I attach the Snappis is the traditional way with the long portion attached to both sides and the short part down towards the crotch. I do generally use two Snappis, one on the top of the diaper and one about in the middle, unless I’m using soakers around my hips in which case I use two Snappis to keep them in place as well as the two to hold the diapers over top of the soakers. I wear for need due to my dual IC so I look for the most pragmatic method of dealing with my condition which to date has been cotton gauze contours, plastic pants, and Snappis to keep everything where I put it.

Reactions: nightfox320 and Lyric
Zeke said:
The gauze contour diapers that I wear used to be secured with 3” stainless steel safety pins until I tried Snappis a little over a year ago. The way they maintain constant tension on the diaper, which compensates for the stretch that accompanies wetness, is a big benefit. The way I attach the Snappis is the traditional way with the long portion attached to both sides and the short part down towards the crotch. I do generally use two Snappis, one on the top of the diaper and one about in the middle, unless I’m using soakers around my hips in which case I use two Snappis to keep them in place as well as the two to hold the diapers over top of the soakers. I wear for need due to my dual IC so I look for the most pragmatic method of dealing with my condition which to date has been cotton gauze contours, plastic pants, and Snappis to keep everything where I put it.
So are you saying you use the snappi across the front like it was designed to be used? Maybe it’s how I have to fold my diapers to allow them to fit me / the plastic pants, but doing it any other way than shown above is way to tight.

I'm too lazy to use cloth diapers. I tried them but I don't like the laundry. I only used them for bedtime. I used pins and plastic pants. I admit that they are comfortable but doing using laundry is a deal-breaker.

I cheat (ha, ha) and use pull-on cloth diapers--no pins/fasteners needed. I have purchased from Kins, Angel Fluff, and some others, including using various kinds of adult training pants (like Babypants or others from eBay). the trick I learned for better capacity is to use my normal size first and then place a second pant--one size larger--over the first pant; then the plastic pants, appropriately sized for the bulk of both pair. I've even used a toddler training pant stuffed inside my adult size one so I can increase capacity; that's not the most comfortable for me in getting to sleep but doesn't wake me up after I fall asleep--and it works1

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks
nightfox320 said:
So are you saying you use the snappi across the front like it was designed to be used? Maybe it’s how I have to fold my diapers to allow them to fit me / the plastic pants, but doing it any other way than shown above is way to tight.
The Contour ll, gauze, cotton, 4/10/4 ply diapers that I wear fit me with enough of their “wings” coming around from the rear of the diaper(s) to allow the Snappi to be used as it was designed to be used on baby diapers (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JMHMY...t_i_GJ23Y15FRVQ802YQTX6T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1). When I wear the large prefolds that I have, with medium prefolds for a liner, I have to use 2 Snappis on each side, similar to what you do, to secure them properly. They’ve stood up much better than I had expected as some of the ones that I’m using are over a year old. They’re used every other diapering as I wash them when I change and let them dry for their next use. I didn’t used to wash them and just reused them without it, but they started discoloring and turning gray. It must be something about my urine as it used to cause the Chinese, 3”, stainless steel, safety pins, that I got from Bezos, to develop a black corrosion on them. Wearing my diapers with those safety pins definitely felt more “babyish”, and I can see why many DL’s and ABDL’s prefer them, but because I wear primarily for need (and now secondarily for desire!) I prefer whatever works best for me which is, at this time, the Snappi.

Back