Autism & diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't a engineer but worked with math all my adult life but my dad was a somewhat engineer could built anything.That's where my autism was a disadvantage.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
my dad my uncle myself my brother my sister my grandfather on my dad's side I'll have autism Asperger's
sister diapers till 13 brother till 5 me wanting to be in them my whole entire life no memory before the age of 9 but I think I was in them till I was seven though

My wife and stepdaughter are ok the spectrum as well. It's easy to be married to somebody autistic if I'm autistic, too - we understand each other!

Last edited:
Reactions: StarWars7, hoimi and BobbiSueEllen
I was married the 1st time and was manipulated a bunch she left for greener grass.I then got lucky and married a woman who understands me not autistic but knows how to take care of things.

I hardly have any memory of being potty trained, but according to my mother, I was about 2 or 3 years old, and very eager.

Then, over a period of time, the desire to wear diapers was gradually creeping back in.

BobbiSueEllen said:
...the Air Force showed up the next day, begging me to enlist with them! But went Army instead...
You were saying that you were intelligent though. Are you sure about the IQ numbers you stated? Hahahaha!! I'm kidding, of course. I went Air Force.

I have wondered along time about the autism spectrum. I have always been highly intelligent, exceptionally messy (even though I detest it), exceptionally mechanically inclined, and am an engineer now. There are things about me that have caused me to wonder if possibly I might fall somewhere within that spectrum. Although, I'm sure almost everyone does to some extent. Don't they?

Reactions: perlFerret
Llayden said:
You were saying that you were intelligent though. Are you sure about the IQ numbers you stated? Hahahaha!! I'm kidding, of course. I went Air Force.

I have wondered along time about the autism spectrum. I have always been highly intelligent, exceptionally messy (even though I detest it), exceptionally mechanically inclined, and am an engineer now. There are things about me that have caused me to wonder if possibly I might fall somewhere within that spectrum. Although, I'm sure almost everyone does to some extent. Don't they?
I've never been formally diagnosed, but even with fifty years of experience being social, I'm very uncomfortable and awkward in social situations. If I go to an event where I don't know many people, I end up finding a small group of people I already know, or I end up sitting on the edges of the event, wishing I were somewhere else.

What kind of engineer are you?

In 20-20 hindsight, I have always wanted to remain in diapers 24/7.
The cotton dydees and snap-on plastic pants Mom dressed me in as a baby/toddler were very comforting and warm.
I could pee and poop without interrupting my playing with my toys.
I was happy as a baby and toddler, before my Mom mentally went off the deep-end.
The only time I really felt loved, was when I was in diapers 24/7 and not even toilet trained yet.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Good grief...that describes me! 😲
I am a cluttered disaster myself.

caitianx said:
I am a cluttered disaster myself.
I always tell people "I don't need alcohol or drugs...I'm naturally f***ed up!" 🤭

Reactions: 2012Stroke and Lyokodl
I had an interesting thought...
With me being an Autistic I am calmer and happier in diapers and no longer being toilet trained.

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor, Fleetwoodmac32192 and BobbiSueEllen
Llayden said:
Yes, you! :ROFLMAO:

I'm also an ME (well, engineering mechanics - close enough), but I do more controls work now than machine design. Once they found out I can program ladder logic into PLCs, there was no going back!

Reactions: PullupAndy and BobbiSueEllen
Bp2006 said:
I was also not potty trained until I was 6 due to my high functioning autism and I was born with a cleft palate causing me to be nonverbal, I had to wear diapers to school until I was 6 but then had to keep a pack a school just in case but did have to wear diapers and pullups at night until I was 16 for bedwetting. I've been back in them at night about 10 years and been wearing them during the day for about a year
same

I was out of diapers at age of 3. I quit on my own when I saw my baby brother had made a mess in his diapers and I saw what a baby is and figured out I wasn't a baby. My grandma was explaining to me like "Baby brother wears diapers because he is a baby, Calico, a big girl."

Before then, my mom couldn't get me to train because I kept going in my pants whenever I felt an urge. She could have me on the potty chair for an hour and I would stand up and pee. I did the same with training pants, pull them up and pee and pull them back down saying "a done." She just figured I wasn't ready and stopped trying.

ltaluv said:
Asperger's, when it was a separate dx in the DSM, was often called "the engineer's disease" because it's so prevalent asking engineers and children of engineers. Both of my kids are autistic, which isn't surprising since I am, too. I've also worked with lots of other engineers who were on the spectrum.

Back in the 90's, it was often described as the child being gifted or advanced in learning and being like Einstein. No way would I have thought "Oh I have Asperger's" because I was academically delayed. I knew I had something wrong in my brain but didn't know what it was and couldn't describe it. But I remember feeling oppressed for being different.

Calico said:
I was out of diapers at age of 3. I quit on my own when I saw my baby brother had made a mess in his diapers and I saw what a baby is and figured out I wasn't a baby. My grandma was explaining to me like "Baby brother wears diapers because he is a baby, Calico, a big girl."

Before then, my mom couldn't get me to train because I kept going in my pants whenever I felt an urge. She could have me on the potty chair for an hour and I would stand up and pee. I did the same with training pants, pull them up and pee and pull them back down saying "a done." She just figured I wasn't ready and stopped trying.

Back in the 90's, it was often described as the child being gifted or advanced in learning and being like Einstein. No way would I have thought "Oh I have Asperger's" because I was academically delayed. I knew I had something wrong in my brain but didn't know what it was and couldn't describe it. But I remember feeling oppressed for being different.
I've heard of it being also known as the "Little Professor" syndrome.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and ltaluv
Sidewinder said:
I've heard of it being also known as the "Little Professor" syndrome.
How true that is. And people wonder why my posts are so long, and why I use twenty big words when three little words would suffice. 😁

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Sidewinder
ltaluv said:
Yes, you! :ROFLMAO:

I'm also an ME (well, engineering mechanics - close enough), but I do more controls work now than machine design. Once they found out I can program ladder logic into PLCs, there was no going back!
Back in the early 1980's I worked for Gould, Inc. MODICON Division.
Programmable Logic Controllers.

I didn't actually start doing PLCs until 2013. I'd been laid off from a startup where I was doing medical device development, mostly magnetic FEA and microfluidics. I couldn't find CAM software that did what I needed, so I wrote my own. When that job ended, I started working for another startup doing engineering consulting, mostly on factory equipment repairs and upgraded, but also some microcontroller work, digital design, machine, design, whatever we could bring in the door. Pay wasn't great, but I learned more at that job than any other time since college. Their PLC guy was leaving the well after I started, so I say down with him for about an hour one afternoon while he showed me the absolute rudiments of RSLogix. After that, I just played with it (on somebody else's nickel, naturally) until it all made sense. That job petered out after a few years, and now I work for the company that I used to consult for, along with a little moonlighting for my former company when they have an electronic job come in.

At the end of the day, programming is programming. I cut my teeth on an 8-bit Atari system in the early 80s, and while I've picked a bunch more languages since then, it's just about understanding how to write the instructions for what you want done. Ladder logic is one of the harder languages I use, though - it requires a while different approach and control structures from more traditional procedural and OO languages.

It's all fun, though, and I love what I do!

ltaluv said:
How true that is. And people wonder why my posts are so long, and why I use twenty big words when three little words would suffice. 😁
Also, in my opinion, the term, "Little Professor," or "Der Kleiner Professor," as it's called in German has a much friendlier sounding ring to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back