Autism & diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ltaluv said:
I remember the TI well. My nearest neighbor had one. It was an excellent machine in a lot of ways, and beat everyone else to market with a 16-bit processor by years. I remember the BASIC being rather limited, though - for instance, the only way you could use the If-Then ....

I'm old, and I think my electrolytic caps are dry.

Sigh, you two are really showing your age. I on the other hand as a more modern kid was peeking and poking Apple II BASIC.

As engineers go, comp sci/engr rule. Code doesn’t degrade, just your value is inversely proportional to your age.

Reactions: perlFerret
I want to the urological dr this morning nothing has changed just gave a new med so will check it in about 3mo.The bed wetting and so on remained the same.

So, on a recent phone call with my mother, she told me that she thinks I could have autism and bases her theory on her odd blood type and how it may have been a factor in my birth defect (gastroschisis). I would normally blow this off as another of her bat shat crazy ideas, however I do seem to have a few similarities with those on the autism spectrum. I was wondering if anyone knows of a really thorough online test for autism. I don’t like seeing doctors unless my life is on the line and don’t trust shrinks. I did find a rather simple autism test here: https://psychcentral.com/cgi-bin/short-autism-quiz.cgi And my score was 23. So any suggestions for a better test would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyczar
AmberStarfield said:
So, on a recent phone call with my mother, she told me that she thinks I could have autism and bases her theory on her odd blood type and how it may have been a factor in my birth defect (gastroschisis). I would normally blow this off as another of her bat shat crazy ideas, however I do seem to have a few similarities with those on the autism spectrum. I was wondering if anyone knows of a really thorough online test for autism. I don’t like seeing doctors unless my life is on the line and don’t trust shrinks. I did find a rather simple autism test here: https://psychcentral.com/cgi-bin/short-autism-quiz.cgi And my score was 23. So any suggestions for a better test would be appreciated.

Heres one BUT do keep in mind that online testing is NOT for making a diagnose ONLY a cert evaluation can do this. This is only a to give you a hint if you do or you dont have certain or /if any ASD = new name for whats formely known as Asbergers / Autism and il be darn if i can remember the last one traits (but this test is actually ONE of the agnowladged diagnose keys that docs often use in a evaluation for Swedish ASD evaluation were the test also comes from Karolinska hospital in Stockholm

https://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

And hers another both widely approved as valid tools for finding ASD

https://rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

And also as long as you dident have any birth comlications due to youre gastroschisis (if you had you might have as me a small brain damage ( now (late 70 ´s ) rediagnoced as ADHD & with this YES the risk of you also having ASD is there.) You shouldent have ASD as this is something you are born with and has nothing to do with blood type. if you think this is a big iccue for you in life in general you should seelk a profetinal evaluation. If not then just leave it and live youre life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sport1
Missy1 said:
Heres one BUT do keep in mind that online testing is NOT for making a diagnose ONLY a cert evaluation can do this. This is only a to give you a hint if you do or you dont have certain or /if any ASD = new name for whats formely known as Asbergers / Autism and il be darn if i can remember the last one traits (but this test is actually ONE of the agnowladged diagnose keys that docs often use in a evaluation for Swedish ASD evaluation were the test also comes from Karolinska hospital in Stockholm

https://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

And hers another both widely approved as valid tools for finding ASD

https://rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

And also as long as you dident have any birth comlications due to youre gastroschisis (if you had you might have as me a small brain damage ( now (late 70 ´s ) rediagnoced as ADHD & with this YES the risk of you also having ASD is there.) You shouldent have ASD as this is something you are born with and has nothing to do with blood type. if you think this is a big iccue for you in life in general you should seelk a profetinal evaluation. If not then just leave it and live youre life.

Thank you for the test suggestions. On the aspietest I scored 120. On the rdos test I scored 83 of 200, however I found this test to be more difficult and did not have an answer for some of the questions. Other than being a generally anti-social person, if I do have autism, I don’t think it has been a huge detriment to my life and happiness. I suppose the biggest problem I have had is being easily taken advantage of in some social and romantic situations. Such is life I suppose.
Thanks again

Reactions: sport1 and Deleted member 44276
In my mind, an autistic diagnosis can be useful for people still in school because it triggers special ed services and give teachers a starting point for how to work effectively with students. But for adults, I'm not sure there's really a benefit to getting a formal diagnosis.

As adults, it's our responsibility to set up our world to work for us. As a likely autistic person, I have the freedom to choose what career path I take, what sorry of jobs I look for, and who I'm going to spend my time with. I have so much more control over my environment than a kid or a student, so a formal diagnosis becomes less important.

Reactions: AmberStarfield
Agreed. I can’t really afford it right now even if I wanted to be tested. I’ve got enough medical bills at the moment.

Reactions: Lyokodl and Deleted member 44276
ltaluv said:
In my mind, an autistic diagnosis can be useful for people still in school because it triggers special ed services and give teachers a starting point for how to work effectively with students. But for adults, I'm not sure there's really a benefit to getting a formal diagnosis.

As adults, it's our responsibility to set up our world to work for us. As a likely autistic person, I have the freedom to choose what career path I take, what sorry of jobs I look for, and who I'm going to spend my time with. I have so much more control over my environment than a kid or a student, so a formal diagnosis becomes less important.

There are 2 different camps on this one. BUT in my mind as i said before IF you fel that youre life is suffering due to this suspicions then its a good idea to get evaluated (and there are a high degree that actually get there ASD diagnose late in life (especually wimen actually ) BUT as i also said its ultimetly up to one self what you belive you could benefit if you do this . It all depends if you are JUST mild (also known as Asbergers ) and NO other co morbid diagnosis then you can indeed have better succés and posibilitys in making it in working life and life in general. For those with level 2 - 3 with added co morbid diagnosis things might be more complicated and they would indeed in many cases benefit from a valid ASD evaluation . Speaking for my self i can say ALL my diagnosis have compleatly destroyed whatever dreams and hopes i once may have had of a normal happy life .

But i also agree that IF you find a way to adapt to said problems and you learn how to live with this and deal with it (as in my life ) then there is no need to seek profetinal evaluation .

AmberStarfield said:
Agreed. I can’t really afford it right now even if I wanted to be tested. I’ve got enough medical bills at the moment.

I compleatly understand and also respect that problem (over here we pay nothing for those evoluations and i have takend MANY thru out my life and it was the last one they found my ASD actually despite me had it since birth)

And also as i said based on youre results in the tests i wouldent bother either to go forward att this time

Reactions: AmberStarfield
AmberStarfield said:
I was diagnosed correctly by a Developmental Neurologist back in 2005.

caitianx said:

I was diagnosed with ASD 2010

AmberStarfield said:
I think that test is pretty good test.

Just took said test as Sport mention it and i got 35 ( 31 & up Autism likely ) out of 39 possible So yeah not to bad i have to say although somewhat short it actually asks similar questions as the more extensive tests .

Needles to say i also took both previos mentined tests and lets just say WAY over average on both )( ie HIGH nrs of 200 possible on RAADS , same on the other one ) past 150 on both = Severe

I was potty trained around 4, diagnosed early at 7 in 98. Did pretty well for myself continence wise until IBS reared its head and really flared up more starting in my late teens/early 20s.

SnowPrincessSophie said:
I was potty trained around 4, diagnosed early at 7 in 98. Did pretty well for myself continence wise until IBS reared its head and really flared up more starting in my late teens/early 20s.

Yeah i had IC " accidents both ways " all the time 24 /7 as a we girl but then at around 8 it calmed down to again come back when my flipping IBS was diagnosed at the early 20 ´s as well and well i think my sig explains pretty well were im att now (sigh )

Reactions: emp711
As I have said, I am an Autistic Wetter/Pooper.
My diapers are for legitimate medical incontinence, and Autism related cognitive/emotionalself-regulation reasons.

Reactions: DisneyDaddy99 and Deleted member 44276
Potty trained at age four, not because I didn't get the concept but because I couldn't be bothered to stop what I was doing to use the toilet. Learned BASIC on the C64 around the same time. Took the ASVABs in high school and got insane scores. Joined the USAF but washed out on a medical before completing basic. Software engineer by trade.

ASD diagnosis at age 24.

Missy1 said:
Yeah i had IC " accidents both ways " all the time 24 /7 as a we girl but then at around 8 it calmed down to again come back when my flipping IBS was diagnosed at the early 20 ´s as well and well i think my sig explains pretty well were im att now (sigh )
you sig describes my ideal soulmate :)

Reactions: Deleted member 44276
caitianx said:
I took the test got 33 which puts me the same place between 32& 40

I have always done the same on the Autism test's and the IQ test somewhat lower score which accounts for the slower learning abilities which keep me back.I'am soo lucky to have a high IQ wife which helps with all my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back