Article Requests Thread

xbabyx said:
Good god, how pathetic am I, that to take a break from writing papers for grad school, I wrote a four-page paper, inspired by this and other posts around the boards here, attempting to impart some insights to our younger members about how adulthood might actually impact them with regard to ABDL desires. I thought of just throwing it up as a forum post, but I'm wondering if it'd be better as an article. If you're interested, let me know and I'll get it to you.

By all means, PM it to Akastus and myself so that we can take a look and make a determination as whether or not it would work as an article.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this - sorry if not :)

The articles section has a couple of tutorials on creating encrypted folders, but they're all for Windows. I recently posted a tutorial for Mac users which explains how to do this. It's currently just a post in the tech section, but I'm wondering if perhaps it would work as an article?

I had an idea for an article and thought it may be worth making. What if we took advice from all of the TBDL-related articles and made an article about general advice for TBDLs? That way, TBDLs can have the most important advice condensed into one article, and can read the larger articles if they wish to learn more about a certain subject from the article. What do you all think about this idea? Would a "general advice" article for TBDLs be useful? I will make another thread with a poll about the biggest issues TBDLs face today so I know what to put in the article.

BandNerd said:
I had an idea for an article and thought it may be worth making. What if we took advice from all of the TBDL-related articles and made an article about general advice for TBDLs? That way, TBDLs can have the most important advice condensed into one article, and can read the larger articles if they wish to learn more about a certain subject from the article. What do you all think about this idea? Would a "general advice" article for TBDLs be useful? I will make another thread with a poll about the biggest issues TBDLs face today so I know what to put in the article.

I am open to a general TBDL article, but I think the best way to handle it, at least for the time being, is through the normal article process - I've added it to the list. As a general rule, I avoid having people working multiple articles simultaneously, so I'd rather not put you on this topic until your current article is published.

NutFreeFruitcake said:
I am open to a general TBDL article, but I think the best way to handle it, at least for the time being, is through the normal article process - I've added it to the list. As a general rule, I avoid having people working multiple articles simultaneously, so I'd rather not put you on this topic until your current article is published.
Sounds good. I may work on this when I am done working on the Depend Max Protection Review.

I'm ready to take on a new article, the general advice one! :)

Just raising a point here - what would a general TBDL article actually contain?
There are so many different areas people might want advice or information on, that it wouldn't be possible for one article to encompass everything to more than a few lines for each. I don't believe many people would read a general article either, the normal case I'd imagine is to head to the articles section looking for some detailed information on a specific topic. As such, the only thing such an article would be used for much of the time would be for finding more in-depth articles.
If you're going to do that, you might as well have a index page linking to all the different areas - a good idea, but not really worthy to be considered an 'article' per se.

BandNerd said:
I'm ready to take on a new article, the general advice one! :)

PMed.

WoodlandWanderer said:
Just raising a point here - what would a general TBDL article actually contain?
There are so many different areas people might want advice or information on, that it wouldn't be possible for one article to encompass everything to more than a few lines for each. I don't believe many people would read a general article either, the normal case I'd imagine is to head to the articles section looking for some detailed information on a specific topic. As such, the only thing such an article would be used for much of the time would be for finding more in-depth articles.
If you're going to do that, you might as well have a index page linking to all the different areas - a good idea, but not really worthy to be considered an 'article' per se.

General articles are fine - they just have some distinct differences from more specific articles. I disagree with the notion that they aren't particularly useful just because they are general; articles that address the key bits of everything have a niche too.

It should be noted that I do have a vision for various articles beyond just the topic, and I tend to prod the authors towards that vision after they ask to take on the topic. This topic is no exception.

I would suggest that someone write a guide to wearing diapers in public. What I mean is an article that advises people on what diapers to wear, what clothes to wear, how to hide the crinkle, etc. An article like this would be nice and would be helpful to those wearing in public for the first time, as well as people who are IC or wear 24/7.

Unfortunately, I cannot write this article because I have no personal experience with wearing in public.

BandNerd said:
I would suggest that someone write a guide to wearing diapers in public. What I mean is an article that advises people on what diapers to wear, what clothes to wear, how to hide the crinkle, etc. An article like this would be nice and would be helpful to those wearing in public for the first time, as well as people who are IC or wear 24/7.

Unfortunately, I cannot write this article because I have no personal experience with wearing in public.

This article already exists here.

NutFreeFruitcake said:
This article already exists here.
Thank you NFFC, I missed that. :)

I noticed the "Advanced Social Guide to IRC" under the "Specific ideas" list on the first page of this thread, and was wondering if you could elaborate on exactly what the article would cover.

How about an in depth review of babyfur artists? I realize it would be a bit of an expensive venture and time consuming. But i have been on a bit of an art binge lately and may be willing to put something like this together.

(Here is the list i have so far: Tavi, Reva, Kalida, Chazor, StawberryNeko, Tygon, Sila, and Emeritusterciel)

Last edited:
ABalex said:
How about an in depth review of babyfur artists? I realize it would be a bit of an expensive venture and time consuming. But i have been on a bit of an art binge lately and may be willing to put something like this together.

(Here is the list i have so far: Tavi, Reva, Kalida, Chazor, StawberryNeko, Tygon, Sila, and Emeritusterciel)

Hmmm. Art is rather subjective, but a basic precis of their work wouldn't come amiss. The only problem is that to do the topic justice, we'd need examples of their work, and would thus need their permission to post it.

SurfinSeaLion said:
An article on the gift trick? Like this but as an article? And also less specific to Christmas but maybe like a friends birthday?

The gift trick? Please elaborate....

Last edited:
Akastus said:
The gift trick? Please elaborate....

I think he may be referring to the "trick" people do when ordering diapers off the internet. Where the buyer orders diapers online and then went he package arrives, they claim it to be a gift, thus no reason for the contents to be said or shown.

If this is the case I really don't think we need a whole article for a 3 step process.

1. Order diapers
2. Say you are ordering a gift for X occasion.
3. ???
4. Enjoy diapers.

Mandy said:
I think he may be referring to the "trick" people do when ordering diapers off the internet. Where the buyer orders diapers online and then went he package arrives, they claim it to be a gift, thus no reason for the contents to be said or shown.

If this is the case I really don't think we need a whole article for a 3 step process.

1. Order diapers
2. Say you are ordering a gift for X occasion.
3. ???
4. Enjoy diapers.

Actually I think he was more referring to the thing young teens do when they hitch a lift to the shops off a parent, then tell them they need to buy a (Christmas?) gift for them so can't be accompanied into the shop, then buy diapers. Very slightly different, but still probably unnecessary as a blog post.

Talula said:
Actually I think he was more referring to the thing young teens do when they hitch a lift to the shops off a parent, then tell them they need to buy a (Christmas?) gift for them so can't be accompanied into the shop, then buy diapers. Very slightly different, but still probably unnecessary as a blog post.

Both work, and with a lil skimming through the TeenBaby subforum several methods for ordering can be found.... the children these days don't know how to look for things anymore :/

teslacoil4148 said:
I noticed the "Advanced Social Guide to IRC" under the "Specific ideas" list on the first page of this thread, and was wondering if you could elaborate on exactly what the article would cover.

Basically, it would be a guide to the ebb and flow of IRC and #ADISC culture, which I realize is a rather vague description. It's a difficult topic, and one on which I'd have to work out the specifics with the person who writes it, as the perspective someone brings probably affects what ideas are best to emphasize.

It's been a while since I've contributed to this website. I want to review the Bambino Bellissimo diaper. I'm writing up the review, I already have pictures.

Back