Article Requests Thread

How about an article on how many AB/DLs there are in the US? Worldwide would be too hard, but one could probably extrapolate the results to Europe.

There was some interesting discussion in this thread, and while an accurate answer is impossible, I think we could get some upper and lower bounds on the number. I'd be willing to write it, too.

LittleAcorn said:
How about an article on how many AB/DLs there are in the US? Worldwide would be too hard, but one could probably extrapolate the results to Europe.

There was some interesting discussion in this thread, and while an accurate answer is impossible, I think we could get some upper and lower bounds on the number. I'd be willing to write it, too.

As it's all guestimation and extrapolation I think it's not possible to do this to any degree of accuracy so while it's fun to talk about an article about it isn't really possible. Not to mention many of the assumptions on that thread are clumsy at best.

DylanK said:
As it's all guestimation and extrapolation I think it's not possible to do this to any degree of accuracy so while it's fun to talk about an article about it isn't really possible

True. But I think the guestimation and extrapolation would be interesting. :) I understand if that's not something people want in an article, however.

LittleAcorn said:

While I like this topic and have variously considered including it in the list of requested topics, the problem is that I've yet to see any method for estimating the ABDL population that makes few enough dubious assumptions to be reasonable. We used to have a wiki article on this topic, but its method of estimating was as highly suspect as any other.

I'm not going to outright shut the door on this idea, but I'd need to see that you have a methodology or methodologies worth putting faith into before I'd be willing to publish an article on the topic. Math-inclined sciencekitty that I am, this is a bit of a bar to beat.

Fruitkitty said:
While I like this topic and have variously considered including it in the list of requested topics, the problem is that I've yet to see any method for estimating the ABDL population that makes few enough dubious assumptions to be reasonable. We used to have a wiki article on this topic, but its method of estimating was as highly suspect as any other.

I'm not going to outright shut the door on this idea, but I'd need to see that you have a methodology or methodologies worth putting faith into before I'd be willing to publish an article on the topic. Math-inclined sciencekitty that I am, this is a bit of a bar to beat.
I've been spinning this idea around in my mind to see if there's a lovely gem just waiting to be tumbled. I think there's definite potential for a piece that approaches it from an angle that immediately and clearly acknowledges that there is no reliable data source yet, then uses several informal sources and methods to come up with some numbers. I imagine something more of a lit review nature, basically consolidating some of the few (unreliable at best) data sources we have, showing what we can get out of them with some sort of clever analysis, and then doing the thing that academics do best: hand-waving and calls for better data. Rather than answering the question of how many of us there are, answer the question of why we don't have an answer to the question.

Fruitkitty said:

GoldDragonAurkarm said:
I've been spinning this idea around in my mind to see if there's a lovely gem just waiting to be tumbled. I think there's definite potential for a piece that approaches it from an angle that immediately and clearly acknowledges that there is no reliable data source yet, then uses several informal sources and methods to come up with some numbers. I imagine something more of a lit review nature, basically consolidating some of the few (unreliable at best) data sources we have, showing what we can get out of them with some sort of clever analysis, and then doing the thing that academics do best: hand-waving and calls for better data. Rather than answering the question of how many of us there are, answer the question of why we don't have an answer to the question.

Thanks - I'll consider this permission to get started on a draft. If it doesn't work out, that's fine, but I think it will at least be an interesting exercise for me anyway.

I never did this before and I hope this is the right way of doing this. I was told by Geno to post here for a request to be made.
http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-baby/69931-abdl-girl-self.html

Geno posted a real good guide on the conflicts of ABDL for guys and stereotypical male views on things. The problem is that does not fit me real well so I was wondering if someone knows enough to make one for girls.

Agreed with Princess, I'd love to see an in-depth analysis from a girl's perspective. All to often these things are focused solely on the boys.

One article that I think would be really helpful would be an article on what it means to be a sissy or an LG. A clear discussion of this would be very helpful to people considering one of these roles as part of their identity, as well as explaining who they are to others if necessary. I'm imagining a definition of each role, the practices involved, why someone might be interested in it, and the relationship to transgender as subtopics. Do you think this would be helpful? It's been floating around in my mind lately.

Adventurer said:
One article that I think would be really helpful would be an article on what it means to be a sissy or an LG. A clear discussion of this would be very helpful to people considering one of these roles as part of their identity, as well as explaining who they are to others if necessary. I'm imagining a definition of each role, the practices involved, why someone might be interested in it, and the relationship to transgender as subtopics. Do you think this would be helpful? It's been floating around in my mind lately.

It would indeed be helpful to a substantial portion of the ADISC community. I've added "Overview of Sissy/LG" to the list.

*blows the dust off this thread*

How about a "Convention 101" for babyfurs? It's a subsect that is of comparable size to sissies, and I may or may not have some ideas...

Eulogy said:

How about a "Convention 101" for babyfurs? It's a subsect that is of comparable size to sissies, and I may or may not have some ideas...

We actually did have an article on this topic previously, but chose to remove it after the article's author left under bad circumstances. I'd be happy to have another article on the topic.

PMed.

All real good information. I'm not ready for and article yet but the one I would tackle would be " Why not seek Incontinence". I just had to accept that I will be wearing diapers the rest of my life with no real choice in the matter.

Eulogy said:

I support this idea. Will really be helpful for me.

I'd like to see thread in which people can post their ABDL life stories. I would like, if possible, for people to be anonymous on that thread (e.g. hide their ADISC name). This would be good research.

I made this suggestion in the requests forum, and was encouraged to bring it here!

A common area of discussion is whether or not a certain kind of diaper will fit or not. These threads seem to come up so often that I had the idea to make a sticky thread (or article!) about the topic.

In the thread (article), people could post their measurements to the best of their knowledge, and how well different things fit them. This would create an archive of diaper knowledge that could be utilized by anyone, without having to make their measurements public info if they don't want to.

I'm not sure if it would be good form to also post requests, as I'm sure we'd end up with a lot of redundancy. Another consideration is that people with body dysmorphia, body image issues, certain eating disorders, etc, may not appreciate a thread dedicated to quantifying body proportions. I recommend a warning in the title or top page.

In summary, a post of how big you are and what sizes work, hopefully alleviating the frequency "will goodnites fit me?" threads

I'm wondering about writing an article about how to use diapers as stuffers for other diapers. I'd be willing to write it but would like confirmation that you'd like it first.

I could take the "Why not to seek incontinence.", and "Shaving below the Face" peices as I've gone 24/7 for a year and been about as close to incontinent as I ever want to get, and I shave below the belt often.

An article that explains "diaper fetish" both as a non-sexual "transitional object" during childhood, and its development into an adult "sexual fetish" during the onset of pubery, but without the "gender" skew ?

KatelynG said:
I'm wondering about writing an article about how to use diapers as stuffers for other diapers. I'd be willing to write it but would like confirmation that you'd like it first.

Already in the process of writing it right now. Just checking up on grammar. You can do a review on Dry 24/7's?

Back