Anyone ever wear diapers to a doctor’s appointment or even out in public?

Ive been diapered 24/7 for 9 years now I wear every where I go and have had multiple Dr appointments and a Heart Blockage test (Wire up my arm into my heart )

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Its really not a big deal. Nobody will notice, unless they are specifically looking or know what to look for!

I had a fright during Covid. My work decided to put thermal cameras at all the enterances, displayed on a screen, everybody queuing could see, looking for people with a temperature. The first time, my wet nappy showed up like a lighthouse! Nobody seemed to notice though and it's temperature was low enough not to set off the alarm. Thereafter, I made sure I was dry going through the turnstiles!

A few weeks later, while queuing, I spotted someone else with that telltail 'glow' around their middle - and smiled to myself!

I have no medical reason for wearing diapers. So I won't wear to the doctors since they're likely to be seen there during a physical. It would be akin exposing my diapers to anyone else, especially since I know how likely they will be seen going into the doctors office. I will wear and wet myself often in public though. I just make sure to take all the steps to keep it to myself.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and dous
I haven't worn my diapers to a doctor's appointment yet but it's in my chart that I have an urgent bladder and it's discussed as I rejected taking meds. I did wear them to a massage therapy appointment and left them on as my bladder was really acting up and I was afraid of having an accident. I told her about them and she was very professional the way she handled it. My decision to keep them on was right on as I wet during the massage.

I wear Tykables Diapers out of the house often and It’s not noticeable. Sometimes my wife doesn’t even know I’m wearing until we come home and I take my pants off.

Wore to a Dr. appointment recently too, though it was an appointment for my wife. Again it’s not noticeable & they don’t care. If they do see your diaper, they might ask if you’re experiencing incontinence & try to prescribe you medicine. You can tell them it’s just for comfort & not health related and they’ll leave it at that.

When we travel especially by car I'm always in disposable diapers and plastic pants just to be on the safe side as I've had accidents no being able to get to a restroom on the road. My wife is always surprised when she sees me putting my diapers on as I usually don't wear them during the day.

Reactions: Lethdale, PadPhilosopher and dous
I’m finding I’m wearing diapers and plastic pants out of the house more and more. After the initial paranoia we all go through,I realize that no one knows what underwear I’m wearing so I might as well go with a secure and comfortable diaper. Life is better not having to use public bathrooms.

Reactions: Lethdale, PadPhilosopher, dous and 1 other person
I’m at my allergy doctor office now sitting in a diaper.

I wear 24/7 - so every time at the doctors I am wearing a diaper / sometimes even wet when examined

I have never worn to a doctor's office but I have worn them when I go grocery shopping.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and dous
I wear pull ups outside the house. I haven’t had the opportunity to wear pull ups to the doctor’s but I wouldn’t.

Well I have to say that I've wanted to but even if I had a good excuse ready as to why I was wearing a diaper it would still get out to the public and then spread around the little town I live in then I wouldn't be able to live it down.

Yes I wear in public.
It's the very place I need to wear them.

Reactions: BabyLouise, PadPhilosopher and BigAl2
I once had a swollen knee due to injury. Called the nurses line on a Friday afternoon to tell her I was concerned about it, and she told me to just come in to urgent care. It was a bit of a drive and I wanted to see what would happen, so I took off my underwear and put a diaper on under my jeans.

When I arrived, I was already wet, and had to wait a bit longer to be seen. When the doctor called me in to look at my knee he asked if my jeans could pull up over it. They couldn't pull up over my knee, so he asked me to remove them. I had no choice. As I was unbuckling, I nervously explained that I don't always wear diapers but that I had been nervous about the drive due to a past trip where I'd been stuck in traffic and wet myself, so I was wearing a diaper. He reassured me that it was no problem and even said some of the staff wore diapers for the drive as well. That was the only discussion about the diaper. He proceeded to examine me while I was in a very wet diaper, asking me to squat, bend, turn, stand on one leg, etc. He had me sit on the exam table while he pressed on my knee, all while my diaper was swollen and wet.

After the exam he told me he was going to send me upstairs for xrays. I explained that I was a bit embarrassed about how wet my diaper was, but had forgotten to bring underwear to change into. I asked if he could provide me with a dry diaper, and he brought back a couple of diapers in both medium and large (which was so awesome!). He let me put the medium one on before I left the exam room (he stepped out).

Upstairs in the xray space it was the same story. He had me take my jeans off, and I had to get xrays for 10-15 minutes in just a diaper. With this space, they had the door open to the hallway and people walking by could look in and see me. I was kind of nervous but it's a hospital so nobody cared. During the xrays I had to pee, and ended up wetting the new diaper. Nothing was said though, and when I was done they sent me back downstairs.

Once I reconnected with the Dr., he reviewed the xrays and explained what he saw. I had another question about the swelling and took my pants off again to show him a spot that was particularly concerning. After we were done, I told him I'd had to pee during the xrays and asked for another diaper for the drive home. He gave me another and let me change.

LESSONS LEARNED:
  1. If the doctor you're seeing isn't your primary care Dr. or Urologist, they aren't going to think twice about the diapers because it's not their responsibility. They'll assume you have them for a reason.
  2. If it's the primary care doctor, you can inform them that sometimes you've had accidents when stuck in traffic, and have started wearing "protection" when you're on long drives. This can be a personal preference thing and doesn't require a medical diagnosis.
  3. If they offer to do testing to see if there's a medical issue, just let them know you'd rather not. You're managing the situation just fine, and wearing a diaper makes you feel more secure because you know there's no risk of an accident.
Ultimately, they're not here to judge your choice of clothing.

• Love
Reactions: Unorthodoxengineer, PadPhilosopher and Lethdale
I have worn in public extensively for years, around strangers and friends, and have had exactly zero comments about it. I don't know if anyone noticed, but no one was ever awkward. I'm me, regardless of what I'm wearing, and I can confirm what others have said: as a rule, no one cares.

I have worn to the doctor several times. I wore to the quickie care for UTI twice; they didn't know and wouldn't have been surprised, since urgency is a symptom of UTI. (I have no primary care doctor. I live dangerously :LOL: ) I also wore to the urologist when I thought I had done something stupid....good thing the doctor was a consummate professional and super cool person. We got a good laugh about things, but the diaper wasn't discussed at all. I don't think it was even noticed. I know the chiropractor noticed, but he didn't say anything or be awkward about it.

It's just not that big a deal. If you act like it's just another day, it is.

Reactions: Lethdale
Had my diaper on for the dentist last week. Was a good distraction.

Reactions: Lethdale and PadPhilosopher
I do once when I'm on Japanese JLPT exam, it was 3 hours long with around 15 minutes toilet break. Why bother going to toilet if I can just pee in my diaper? My diaper was really full after I finish

I wear 24/7 so yeah.

Driving out to next county today to have lunch with friends. I will be diapered. A longish journey with no chance of a loo is when I need them most.

Im 247. Loads of doctors and nurses have seen me diapered. I go about my daily life with nappy and plastic pants on at all times.

Reactions: Lethdale, PadPhilosopher and DLJosie
Back