Anyone ever wear diapers to a doctor’s appointment or even out in public?

Mine covers tena ultra and tranquilty booster pads and disposable bed pads and 4 washable bed pads,

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I have indeed worn in public. Ive worn to the coffee house and even sat with a girl I liked there while diapered in which I was nervous thinking she may see it . I also have worn to work and used it when all bundled up outside and not near any bathrooms.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and KindaOlde
goodniteswearer89 said:
Just wondering if anyone has worn a diaper to a doctors appointment and what your doctor said or if your doctor knew or if you have worn one out in public under your clothes?
I do but pull-up style. I wear black color pull-ups (TENA Stylish Black Underwear) sort of bikini-style adult pull-ups (they don't know they are for women so don't let that throw you - no one will know but you and you show that in your profile).

They are less $$ than GoodNites as well and more functional) I cover them with Papi Brazilian cut boxer briefs as they are held better in place. The shorter boxer briefs (or women's boy shorts work too) cover the TENAs 100%). I'd prefer not having them covered but the pull-ups can't be adjusted and S/M is as small as they come (even GoodNites I wear a Large (girls or boys) vs. XL. XL is too large for 30-waist).

I wear them out in public, in private, to the doctor, gym (change in locker room) etc. They are completely unseen (even the insides are black and not white). If I had to undress in Dr office, it wouldn't bother me to be seen in them at all. It would be fun showing them off :) You really can't tell unless someone is padding my backside.... 😋 but then they better be asking me out.

They aren't a diaper size but I wear 24x7 but only pull-ups. I also have white Tenas heavier duty I use at night... and GoodNights.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and dous
Lostdiapersboy said:
What diaper do insurance pay
Cheap ass diapers, ATN or depends. Nothing great

Been IC and diaper dependent for a long time. everything i do is done with a diaper on. as others have noted no big deal having a diaper as your underwear. people out and about don't know if one should notice no one has ever said anything and i would not expect a stranger to say anything. as far as doctors hospitals nurses and anything medical individuals my IC issues are clear inside my records. the only true conversations concerning my IC is weather i am having a problem they need to note or a doctor wants to chat about a possible new procedure regarding my IC which is rare since i am cool with being in a diaper. i don't worry about appointments that requires me to get undressed or a hospital stay. now if you aren't having IC issues and wearing a diaper for a doctor's appointment the doctor and nurse won't know a thing unless you need to get undressed than i am sure you will be asked whether you are having IC issues being that you came in a diaper. that wouldn't be something a doctor would brush aside without question as to the why. if there are IC issues your answers will address that. but please don't tell a doctor, a nurse, or any medical individual you have IC issues when you don't. they are professionals there to address your health and that can't be done proper by being dishonest. just let them know it is what you prefer as underwear.

i have been wearing my whole life so yes i would be in public. as far as my first few doctor i when to always tried to help me with some sorta treatment that might help. the latest he gets me and goes with it.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BabyHailey1977
Wearing to my regular doctor no. Wearing to get labwork done, occassionally.

I have to doctor's appointments, shopping for groceries, hanging out with friends, riding the bus both local transit and Greyhound

Last edited:
goodniteswearer89 said:
Just wondering if anyone has worn a diaper to a doctors appointment and what your doctor said or if your doctor knew or if you have worn one out in public under your clothes?
I wear a nappy and plastic pants everywhere ...

Just when we go out, I just wear a plain nappy,with plastics over the top. the plastics stop the wet nappy from falling down when I am walking ...

I want to wear booster pads in my nappy when I am out, however they are too obvious with all that extra padding ...

If we go out at night, I wear my nappy with boosters, its harder to see in the dark ..

Diaperman95 said:
you do realize we have a lot of incontinent members? I mean I have not owned underwear in over a decade almost two. I go to doctors weekly and some I tell some I do not, but it is in my records either way. But almost any thing you can do in life I have done diapered. Hospital stay to the movies. Not a big deal just normal underwear. No one ask or cares.
I agree! It's not that big of a deal. I think the taboo and naughty feelings wear off after a while if you not incontinent.

Yes, my Dr. knows that I wear and also why I wear. I feel no reason to hide that from him. If I didn't wear in public I'm sure there'd be a wet puddle at my feet at some point. I'm not technically incontinent, I'm just unpotty trained.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Wetshisbed
It is stated on my medical records that I am incontinent and enuretic and in receipt of pads and slips (nappies)via the NHS supply chain so wearing to the doctors or diabetic or continence nurse is a non issue.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and diaperdude
Yes! I wear my Abena L4 with plastic pants to many places on a regular basis …

Top 10 List:
1. Several recent MRI and CT scans
2. The dentist office
3. The psych counselors office
4. To work, and long meetings
5. To church
6. Long road trips
7. Grocery shopping
8. Hotels overnight
9. College classes
10. Restaurants to eat

Bonus: airplane travel thru airports

Last edited:
utjerry said:
Yes, last week I had my annual full body skin check at the dermatologist. The assistant brought me to the exam room and advised me to take all my clothes off but my underwear and put on the gown with opening to the back. I mentioned I was a little self conscious because I was wearing protective underwear. She said ”Honey we’ve seen worse. It’s not a problem“. The doctor came in with a student and checked me everywhere. He asked me to stand up and face away so the could check my back and legs. So it’s me in a BetterDry diaper with all three of them checking my back. Suprisingly I was actually completely relaxed.
Relaxed….and I’ll bet it felt good in an odd sort of way to be standing before them in your BetterDry.
I too regularly see too many doctors and nurses and I’ve given up on being afraid of them seeing/knowing I’m in a diaper and plastic pants. I’m old and gray-haired. Perfect camouflage, if you will. The only two docs who’ve mentioned it are my urologist and PCP. If anything, it feels differently good to be diapered in a doctors office.

I have worn in public before and it's not really a big deal. There was one time where I was wearing athletic shorts at the grocery store, bent down to get a closer look at something, and accidentally had the waistband slide down, giving a middle-aged woman in scrubs behind me a pretty good look at my diaper for a split second. I jumped up and pulled them back up, and obviously she didn't say anything (if she even saw), but I still get a bit red thinking about it lol.

Last edited:
I think i've worn in public just once, I find that the non abdl diapers are less obivous if you're putting clothes over stuff but even then most people can't tell.

I am disabled and need protection when I need it. Of course I’ll be wearing in public.
from my experience, no one really cares. I even wore to my therapist appointment, but she is aware of my disabilities.

To physical therapy today. I had to drop my pants and have my hip taped up and then when done stretching they place tens unit on my hip and low back and had to reach right in the diaper. All total I had one girl tape me up another girl Ice and place the tens pads and yet another took it all off. They are professionals and do not care.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Lethdale
I’ve been wearing to my new job for about a week now. It’s really nice actually, just make sure you’re not exposing yourself 🤷. Even though yes I’m wearing a diaper I still put boxers over it, and I went a size bigger on the pants so I don’t have obvious diaper butt. But as long as you go about like your not hiding anything, nobody will think otherwise 😁

Never to the doctor, but nearly wore one when I had a colonoscopy. I was still on the toilet every 15 minutes the morning of and we had a 30+ minute drive through rush hour traffic to get to the appointment. It settled down about an hour before I had to leave, so I decided to risk it and made it without having an accident, but I was close to losing it a few times on the drive. This was before I was out to my wife about being DL, and I really didn’t want to have to explain why I had diapers in the house. About a year later, my wife had one and similarly was not completely over the prep when we had to make the same drive. The day before I reminded her of my close call the previous year and suggested we pick up some protection, but she didn’t want to. She did bring a change of clothes and sat on one of our son's disposable bed mats in the car as a precaution. She made it to the parking just fine, but the urgency hit again as we were walking into the building. The woman at the clinic desk could see the desperation as we entered and immediately pointed my wife to the restrooms. When she came out a few minutes later to check in, she said she “pretty much” made it in time, but I noticed when she was changing into the gown before the procedure, she was wearing the spare panties and not the ones she left the house in. We both are due for another colonoscopy in a year or so, and given our last ones, I think both of us will decide to make the trip diapered next time.

My public diaper excursions have been limited mostly to wearing inconspicuously while shopping. Occasionally when it’s my turn to do the weekly grocery shopping, and a few times to the hardware store or other trips by myself. I’m very hesitant to take any chance I’d be noticed. My most ”daring” of late was one evening during the Christmas shopping season where I had to go to four stores, and I left the house wearing a Northshore Supreme under baggy pants and a decently long jacket, already needing to pee. I made it through three stores dry, but couldn’t last through the long checkout line at the fourth before soaking my diaper.

I wear and wet my diapers in public, including at work daily and occasionally at a doctor's appointment when I know discretion will be maintained such as with an ophthalmologist. The only evidence at my ophthalmologist might be my eyes glassing over when I wet!!!!

Reactions: diaperbobby and PadPhilosopher
Back