accident awareness

how aware are you of when you have an accident?

• aware of when i have to go but i dont have long

Votes: 92 59.4%
  • not aware of when i need to go but i can tell when im going

Votes: 49 31.6%
  • not aware at all until after the fact

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • other

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
For pee, I can hold it in, thats no problem. The other waste product, not so much.
For me, I normally have 1 or 2 minutes max before I reach my limit.
Its caused one to many accidents for me.... :(

Reactions: chiaochai
I ticked the first three options. Because it depends a lot on my state of mind. When I'm without a diaper, like after a shower, I usually notice that I have to go, and don't have long.
Most of the time I notice somewhere between a few seconds before I go, and as I go, and when I'm concentrating on something, I don't notice a thing.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
The funny thing with my incontinence is I never feel like I'm having an accident until afterwards. When I get the urge to pee I already have a wet diaper. I still need to use the toilet to fully empty my bladder and when I'm peeing at the toilet I feel it. The longer I wait to use the toilet after having an urge the wetter my diaper will get. Sometimes when I'm standing or laying laying down I can feel the vibration in my urethra and in my diaper but usually I don't feel anything. Usually I will notice the uncomfortableness of having a wet diaper against my skin as the main sign that I have wet myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: littleluvs
The vote options need more choices. Many of us are incontinent due to some form of nerve damage. Sometimes I can send the need to pee but at other times I do not.

jdinvirginia said:
The vote options need more choices. Many of us are incontinent due to some form of nerve damage. Sometimes I can send the need to pee but at other times I do not.
what should i add?

NonbiriNeoguri said:
I can generally tell when I need to pee beforehand, but when I'm having bowel problems it just starts and I realize it while I'm pooping. Bowels I can stop usually, bladder not so much.
That is somewhat like me wetting is different but bowel will come on without warning.

aware of when i have to go but i dont have long. When the urge comes I have about 20-30 seconds then it comes out. Which is why Im diapered in the car, work except at bedtime then I have no feeling except feeling the warmth as it runs out in the diaper. My living room and bedroom are right beside the bathroom which i can barely make it to. #2 I have no problems and hope I dont.​

I can go from "I can wait" to "oops, too late" in just a couple seconds.
When things aren't too busy I try to keep to a schedule, but even then it doesn't always work. This AM, for instance, I emptied normally right after I got up. About 5 min. later I just dumped whatever was in there while in my chair (& was quite a bit). Very little warning.

9/10 times, I have no idea I need to urinate until I'm wetting my protection. The other time, I have maybe 10 seconds before I wet.

In terms of pee, I have no warning about it but can feel it happening.

In terms of messing, I can feel it a couple of minutes before it happens, and I can feel it happening, but I can't do anything about it.

I cant feel my bladder at all so I don't know if its full or empty. When I pee the only way I know I'm dong it is when I feel the warmth spreading around in my diaper. So there is no signal in advance that I'm going to release and no pattern to my voiding so I cant predict when I'm going to void. Some times its a large release ad some times it a small one. I make sure the diaper I'm wearing can handle either one.

Last edited:
Does the stress make it fells more pressing ? For exemple after taking shower I need to speed up to wear diaper because I’m feeling like I can not wait no more, like my bladder is full. And when I’m diapered it goes normally.

it’s just a feeling because I firstly tried to go to the toilet at that moment and I peed like 3 drops.

But when my diaper is on I usually feel like « it’s ok no panic » and then 1 minutes later it’s too late.

Azie said:
My incontinence is due to damaged nerves, and is kinda strange at times. Most of the time, I am not aware I need to go, but know when am I going. Sometimes, I know I need to go, and can make it as long as a bathroom is within 20 feet. Other time, specifically after certain sexual stimulation, I can actually know and hold it for about 20 or 30 minutes.
Same here. damaged nerves L4,L5,S1 area. lost feeling over time, now I can’t tell when or if wet.

Combo of the first two. I usually have a medium amount of time before I need to go though. ... Usually...

Pretty often though I have dribbles I can't control. Which gets way worse if I'm sick. Not enough to need a full on diaper, but not wearing at least a pad or liner is a bad time. If I'm sick: pull ups. Been happening since I was in middle school. Don't know why

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
Most rimes I notice Im peeing but increasingly I only notice when i feel my diaper expanding

quarktheory said:
Same here. damaged nerves L4,L5,S1 area. lost feeling over time, now I can’t tell when or if wet.
I have a spinal tumor at C4-C6 and I can't feel when I am wet either. I used to be able to feel when I had a wet diaper when I was a kid. My issues have caused me difficulty in some of the places I've worked, because in most places going to the restroom every 2-3 hours looks unproductive, or so I am told.

When I get the urge to go sometimes I can hold off quite a long time but it always comes with anxiety and fear of not being able to hold it. Sometimes the urge hits just enough to get my attention then will increase in intensity fairly quickly and it's hard to know which it will be. "Fortunately" with this kind of incontinence my bladder almost never contains all that much (if I am out an about I restrict fluid intake) so if any comes out before I can get to a bathroom it doesn't show much. I do worry about any "bystanders" possibly noticing the red face, "defensive body postures" (ie. legs together, leaning forward etc) or possible wet spot.

Last edited:
I feel it when I have the sensation of urgency. i feel maybe 10 seconds when it happens. Urination or defecation.

Reactions: sport1
Most of the time the urge hits hard and It is a struggle to make it and I end up leaking. I've had a few times where there is very lttle urge before I start to empty and have no ability to stop.

georgianchants131 said:
I feel it when I have the sensation of urgency. i feel maybe 10 seconds when it happens. Urination or defecation.
I had a accident this morning just NO time to react.

Back