accident awareness

how aware are you of when you have an accident?

• aware of when i have to go but i dont have long

Votes: 92 59.4%
  • not aware of when i need to go but i can tell when im going

Votes: 49 31.6%
  • not aware at all until after the fact

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • other

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Can only feel when I go when its almost at end of my urethra/penis. That is for big flow, but if I'm transferring from/to my chair or pushing up slopes I can't feel or be aware of slight leaks/dribbles.

Weatheronthe8s said:
I'm not technically incontinent, but do have my few accidents due to not enough time to make it, or at least small accidents where I just barely don't make it and then do. So there are times where I don't have very long for some reason. Sometimes I think it might be caused by my water intake, but other times I'm not sure. My only true major accidents recently have either been in diapers or in bed asleep. So I don't really know. I just picked other.
This describes my daytime experiences pretty well. When my need to pee hits, sometimes I can make it to the toilet just fine and other times I don't have long until I start dribbling or even small squirts but can finish at the toilet. Episodes of this come and go with no predictable frequency. Nighttime is another story: I am a life-long bed wetter, I just diaper up and wake up wet.

• Wow
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
Mine is unpredictable some times, generally I feel the need to pee and on a good day I have about 30 seconds to find a toilet and let it go, on a bad day it just goes as I feel the need.
On rare occassions I feel the need to pee but the feeling goes off, then I am in big trouble as a short time after that my bowel will let rip and nothing will stop it, even sitting down does not prevent the inevitable.
Also of late when I get the message from my bowel I have less and less time to get to a toilet so Nappies are essential 24/7 😢

Last edited:
Reactions: sport1
For accident awareness - aware of when I have to go but I don't have long.
When I became a bit older (like maybe 4 yrs old) and my mom had tried toilet training for at least a year (yes, she was frustrated), I knew it wasn't working. Even as a kid, it frustrated me too. I knew I had to go and sometimes it worked. I was just sitting at the potty at the right time. When I was out playing with other kids I just couldn't get fast enough to go inside the house. By the time I got into the house I was already wet. It was a little better for messing but I still dirtied my diaper before I got there too. Even if I was in side the house I never made it. By the time I was maybe 6, I knew something was really wrong with me. By then my mom told me I was a good kid, I just had bathroom problems. When I think about how cool she was about me being still in diapers, I look how she really tried but decided it would be better to not frustrate me. Things never got better. And now as an adult, I still have no real control. Obviously I can feel it but I rarely have more than a few minutes. When I'm sleeping I have no idea what I'm doing. Wet or poop. It's been like this my whole life. All I can do is manage it.

Reactions: sport1
I hardly ever feel my bladder release anymore and usually don't feel anything until I realize I'm wet 'down there.' I've wet my underwear so often around the house that I generally don't even pay much attention to it except to dry off my tile floor after it happens. The other day a friend came over and I was walking around in soggy wet cotton briefs and he seemed surprised. Sometimes when I'm outside I think I'm wetting myself though and then when I reach down to check there's nothing. Same issue at night. I usually don't wake up to pee but then sometimes I wake up thinking I'm peeing and there's nothing.

greatlake5 said:
For accident awareness - aware of when I have to go but I don't have long.
When I became a bit older (like maybe 4 yrs old) and my mom had tried toilet training for at least a year (yes, she was frustrated), I knew it wasn't working. Even as a kid, it frustrated me too. I knew I had to go and sometimes it worked. I was just sitting at the potty at the right time. When I was out playing with other kids I just couldn't get fast enough to go inside the house. By the time I got into the house I was already wet. It was a little better for messing but I still dirtied my diaper before I got there too. Even if I was in side the house I never made it. By the time I was maybe 6, I knew something was really wrong with me. By then my mom told me I was a good kid, I just had bathroom problems. When I think about how cool she was about me being still in diapers, I look how she really tried but decided it would be better to not frustrate me. Things never got better. And now as an adult, I still have no real control. Obviously I can feel it but I rarely have more than a few minutes. When I'm sleeping I have no idea what I'm doing. Wet or poop. It's been like this my whole life. All I can do is manage it.
I have had problems all my life it seems that my brain and functions aren't on the same page was lucky to be somewhat dry for a few yrs. When my wetting started again in my 50's wife was very supportive but insists that I stay in diapers the male ego was hard to deal with.

Back