AB/DL Metalheads??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravewurm. Godflesh, Boris, Saint Vitus, Raw Poison

Drone, doom, stoner, black, sludge is my bag.

Hi, I'm new here and very much into my metal! I listen to quite a wide range of music, from the grind core/ death metal stuff, like Cannibal Corpse. To prog, like Tool. And I'm very excited about going to see System Of A Down in Amsterdam in April! I've also been in bands as a singer doing operatic metal (think Nightwish) and my last band was more like Iron Maiden/ Saxon (but with a female front person!)

Bambi5 said:
Hi, I'm new here and very much into my metal! I listen to quite a wide range of music, from the grind core/ death metal stuff, like Cannibal Corpse. To prog, like Tool. And I'm very excited about going to see System Of A Down in Amsterdam in April! I've also been in bands as a singer doing operatic metal (think Nightwish) and my last band was more like Iron Maiden/ Saxon (but with a female front person!)

Yeah I saw your greetings post welcome to ADISC! :D Ahh you're so lucky I'd love to see SoAD live ;) I've been in bands too! I'm not a vocalist though XD

Thank you for the welcome! This will be my second time seeing System. I also saw them at Download Festival in '06, I think. It may have been '05. But I'm super excited about seeing them this time in a venue. It'll be a totally different experience to watching them at a festival!

I wouldn't call myself a "metalhead", but I do enjoy some metal from time to time. I'm a fan of Metallica and Disturbed, and I enjoy some Led Zeppelin as well. I'm also a huge Rush fan, and some of their music could be considered metal.

I'm not what you would necessarily consider a metalhead per se. I'm really into modern metalcore, post hardcore, and emo. A few of my favorites are The Used, Taking Back Sunday, I Killed the Prom Queen, Alesana, Silverstein, and While She Sleeps. All really great stuff if you've never heard some of it.

While they're not metal per se, I am glad to report that my youngest daughter (she's 11) is in love with Halestorm and we scored tickets for a meet and greet with the band before their show in San Francisco in June.

I'm proud to say that my daughter, at the ripe old age of 11, is into Volbeat, Five Finger Death Punch, Halestorm, Otherwise, Godsmack, and similar. Bieber and One direction, according to her, just plain suck. I must be doing something right.

AnalogRTO said:
While they're not metal per se, I am glad to report that my youngest daughter (she's 11) is in love with Halestorm and we scored tickets for a meet and greet with the band before their show in San Francisco in June.

I'm proud to say that my daughter, at the ripe old age of 11, is into Volbeat, Five Finger Death Punch, Halestorm, Otherwise, Godsmack, and similar. Bieber and One direction, according to her, just plain suck. I must be doing something right.

That's a very nice score you got there. I've seen Halestorm twice, and both times were just absolutely phenomenal.

I'd say you're doing very well and deserve to be proud. :D

ClandestineWing said:
That's a very nice score you got there. I've seen Halestorm twice, and both times were just absolutely phenomenal.

I'd say you're doing very well and deserve to be proud. :D

We've been to their shows four times already, and done the meet and greet twice before. They are by far some of the nicest people I have ever met. We were front row center at the first show we were at, and Lzzy gave my daughter a set list at the end of the show and Arejay tossed a drum stick to her during the show.

Must admit, they put on a great performance.

I'm into Metallica, SoAD, Godsmack, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Hollywood Undead, Dragonforce.. and a bunch of other metal bands that I can't recall.

boobybird89 said:
I'm into Metallica, SoAD, Godsmack, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Hollywood Undead, Dragonforce.. and a bunch of other metal bands that I can't recall.

Epic bands! I recently got into Dragonforce a lot more than I used to and now I'm obsessed with :D All those other bands I've loved since I was extremely little, minus Hollywood Undead I got into them during school years XD

AnalogRTO said:
We've been to their shows four times already, and done the meet and greet twice before. They are by far some of the nicest people I have ever met. We were front row center at the first show we were at, and Lzzy gave my daughter a set list at the end of the show and Arejay tossed a drum stick to her during the show.

Must admit, they put on a great performance.

Lucky you. :D

I love metal! I like Attila, but my favourite are Slipknot, Avenged, Stone Sour and older stuff from Asking Alexandria. I've also started listening to Lamb of God recently after years of wanting to. Love metal!

I wouldn't call my self a metalhead as I enjoy all genres of music, but I must ask you all to give the fantastic NewZealand band
Devilskin a listen.

Oh wow! Reading through all the bands I use to listen to really took me back to my school days! I also listened to Amon Amarth, korpiklaani, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Trivium, Killswitch Engage... I also had a guilty side for Bring me the Horizon and Sleeping with Sirens, but lets pretend I didn't say that! I did have a fringe down to my chin so I guess it's expected!!

I'm an old metal head from the 70s and 80s. every thing from AC/DC to ZZ top. I do like the song " Were not gonna take it." so most of the song from that aria is fun to listen to. i wanna a rock.
so girls rock your boys. :thumbsup:
ho yah I forgot here is a fun song
poison: back to the rocking horse

I like it dark and cold and sinister... I listen to Enslaved, Burzum, Helheim, Falkenbach, Helrunar, Satyricon, Gorgoroth and many more black metal bands. I'm also into a lot of other genres and bands, and while I like all of them, only black metal is able to give me goosebumps and send shivers down my spine. Or it's just a bad case of nostalgia, I don't know. If you don't know them yet, search Baldr by Helrunar or Ridicule Swarm by Enslaved, two of my all time favorites. Maybe you see what I mean. And while you're at it: Burzum's Spell of Destruction :bowdown:

Astatine said:
I like it dark and cold and sinister... I listen to Enslaved, Burzum, Helheim, Falkenbach, Helrunar, Satyricon, Gorgoroth and many more black metal bands. I'm also into a lot of other genres and bands, and while I like all of them, only black metal is able to give me goosebumps and send shivers down my spine. Or it's just a bad case of nostalgia, I don't know. If you don't know them yet, search Baldr by Helrunar or Ridicule Swarm by Enslaved, two of my all time favorites. Maybe you see what I mean. And while you're at it: Burzum's Spell of Destruction :bowdown:

Ahhh yes I love Burzum! Used to be a huge fan of Mayhem as well (the old stuff, cannot stand the new stuff XD)

- - - Updated - - -

Cook said:
Oh wow! Reading through all the bands I use to listen to really took me back to my school days! I also listened to Amon Amarth, korpiklaani, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Trivium, Killswitch Engage... I also had a guilty side for Bring me the Horizon and Sleeping with Sirens, but lets pretend I didn't say that! I did have a fringe down to my chin so I guess it's expected!!

I think everyone went though the fringe phase at one point XDD I used to love old Bring Me The Horizon but their fans just drive me crazy so I got put off them XDD the same for Sleeping with Sirens love the old stuff but I hate their fans XDD

bvb123 said:
Any AB/DL Metalheads around here on ADISC? Interested to know if there are any on here other than me :) If so what bands are you into the most?

Heyo!

Yeah, I've been into rock and metal since I was chronologically little. Favorite bands and artists have changed over the years but right now I cannot stop listening to Devin Townsend. I love the diversity and overall positivity of his music and he's just so playful and silly with some of the stuff he writes. I've been learning a lot of his stuff lately and recording myself playing it. Here's a video of me playing Resolve! off of Addicted. Maybe one day I can play one of his harder pieces like Juular.

[video=youtube;Et90m91eEnw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et90m91eEnw[/video]

Other bands I like... Wintersun, Soilwork, Into Eternity, Wilderun, Finntroll, Iron Maiden, Testament, yadda yadda yadda...

- - - Updated - - -

Melon said:
Nice to see fellow death fans :)
What is your favorite song?

Lack of Comprehension.

- - - Updated - - -

kavi said:
Norwegian black metal fan here! Emperor, Windir, Vreid, Moonsorrow, Enslaved, Gorgoroth. Also definitely into the more symphonic and folky things too.

Moonsorrow is amazing, but they're from Finland. Speaking of Finland... Insomnium, how could I have forgotten them??

Any power metal nerds here? Blind Guardian has a new album out that's pretty rad, and Devin Townsend's latest is fun too.

I've heard mixed reviews of the latest Blind Guardian, but Nightfall in Middle Earth kinda spoiled me. I like a lot of power metal but it's hit or miss with me. Sonata Arctica has a neat vibe to them, their latest album is better than the two that came before it. I prefer the faster and more folky stuff. Bands like Hammerfall kind of bore me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back