onecho
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• I never heard of that band group. Also since you said they are from Halifax, so it's on opposite side of the country from where I live. =P Besides, I am deaf, so I don't really knew music world that well. Sorry. =P
    Interesting because I do the same. There are just some times I have to travel backwards in time. If it's college, I play Simon and Garfunckle. It puts me in a depressed mood, but I'm probably already there, and it's like I have to work through it. There's several people from my past that I just have to remember, like being with them. And the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls, and tenement halls...
    Oh not bad. Quietening down at work. The weather has actually been quite dry and sunny recently, but whether that will keep up into summer is anyone's guess. How's it around you?

As for the Shilling and Guinea. They're obsolete, pre-decimal denominations of money. There were 12 pennies to a shilling, 21 shillings to a Guinea. The Shilling was silver, the Guinea, gold. The Guinea was replaced by the Pound, worth 20 Shillings, in 1816, and the Shilling phased out during decimilisation in 1971, whereupon it was replaced by the 5p coin.
    S
    thanks for the comment on my art, it reminds me of Kill Uncle too! ♥
    Oh wow, a difficult question for an eclectic musician. I like the old bands, and am a big Springsteen fan since I'm originally from New Jersey. That said I like a lot of new bands but I don't necessary purchase the cd's. I'm also into the occasional jazz albums, and recently got into some of the old "torch songs".

Interestingly, when I'm working on my novel, I'll play Sarah McClaughlin because I need that depressive vibe to get into the mood of a haunted house story, and the displaced kids in my story. They reflect all the angst of growing up, and some abuse as well.
    S
    hey! yes I love Moz/The Smiths!
    sorry I couldn't reply before, I hadn't leveled up yet.
    I just noticed the same avatar on your profile picture but with background and name added... it looks really adorable! =D
    Technically, that is actually true. Making a copy, even for personal use, without the permission of the copyright holder is explicitly illegal in the UK. However, no-one has ever been prosecuted or sued for ripping a CD for personal use, and the music industry has no interest in doing so - it would be a PR disaster. The major labels actually support making it legal, if only so that they can draw a clear distinction between ripping and P2P - at the moment, they fear that the patent absurdity of a law which prohibits that which over 50% of the population are regularly doing, just encourages people to ignore copyright law entirely. There's a longstanding legal maxim that no law should ever be passed if it cannot or will not be enforced - to do so brings the law itself into disrepute.

I'm sure Parliament will get round to it at some point, but it's not a high priority at the moment.
    Copyright law can be complex. The rights can lie with the artist or the commissioner, or both. Frankly, I didn't care to argue. I have a couple of commissions on at the moment, so it's not big deal.
    Reason? A rather irritating copyright dispute. It's a variant of another Fur's ref sheet. I thought that I had Tavi's permission to use it while he worked on a commission for me based on it, but other fur had issues with this. Not to worry - he'll be back in one form or another, soon enough. In the meantime, say hello to Foxkeh, the Japanese avatar for Mozilla FireFox.
    I knew some french but not fluent though.

Hehe yes you are nerd, but that's awesome anyway! =)
    Thanks I really like it it also. It's cool to have both rainbow dash and the whole dark side of the moon image; it goes well with how I'm kind of a free spirit & I love fun and adventure.
    Not as much as you'd think. I think it might actually have been worse in the US. Didn't watch it myself. I'm more of a pragmatic monarchist than a raving fanboy.
    C
    Hello :)

I just wanted to send you a little message to assure you that I have not forgotten about your story! I have started reading it, but I am so busy at the moment I cannot find the timer to sit down and read the whole thing, and I would rather devour it in one sitting than keep nibbling at it when I get the chance so that I can become properly immersed in it. But I promise you that I have not decided not to read it or anything, and once I have I will of course let you know honestly what I think about it. Just give me a couple of weeks until I am done with school for the summer!

Anyway, just wanted to assure you that I haven't forgotten, and that from what I have read so far (only prologue & I) I really like your writing style.

Jess :)
    Public holidays. So-called because they were regularised in the Bank Holidays Act 1871.
    Thanks! Busy at the momemt - end of the financial year has made things pretty hectic at work recently, but it's calming down, and we've got a whole slew of bank holidays coming up. You?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back