Why do you Love (hate or dislike) printed diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WABX said:
I just like the plain white diaper but don't mind the north shore colored ones.
Same here. However I sometimes like to print out something and tape it on the front. I made a thread about a few I did tonight.

I’m not really an AB so the print on the diapers isn’t all that attractive to me. I can appreciate parts of being an AB and I can find someone wearing a printed diaper attractive but they don’t do much for me when wearing them myself.

My fetish is more towards incontinence or simulated incontinence. Therefore I actually find the medical or plain white diapers more attractive. That being said I also like the new NorthShore Supreme Lite colors and don’t mind other diapers that are printed but not geared towards ABs.

I love both.
I was actually little in the early 70s and disposable diapers were all white. In my teens when I discovered that diapers made for adults were a thing, they were all white with a wetness indicator. My main diaper was Attends. They seemed to even smell like baby diapers.
My younger sister came along seven years later and printed diapers had come out. I was kinda jelly of the printed diapers, like why didn't they have those when I was little. Then from then on it seemed all baby diapers were printed. Even after discovering Attends, when I would see a baby diaper commercial after that, I would think that I wish they had those in adult sizes.
Then when printed adult diapers came out, I didn't think they would fit. My freshman 15 was like a freshman 150. I find out I'm adopted and when I met my biological family, I was like the thin one. My birth fam were all big people. I started training with a former NFL lineman for Strongman competitions. I'm fat and muscular. I just didn't think I could find diapers that would fit. It might have been a tinge of body dysmorphia.
When I was ordering a bottle from an ABDL company, I ordered a sample pack of their printed diaper. When they fit, I was super happy and ordered a case the next day. Now I've tried about a half dozen brands.

My stash is about 50-50. I'm fairly active in the Ageplay scene around here, and when I go to play parties or slumber parties, I'll usually go printed. When I'm home solo, it kinda just depends on mood.

I’m medically incontinent. Over the years, I’ve come to enjoy the diapers that I need to wear to some extent, but I don’t think that I’m a diaper lover in the same way as many others who post here. I also have other medical issues that have required calling an ambulance on a couple of occasions, after which the emergency room medical personnel of course saw that I was wearing a diaper. Because of the fact that another medical emergency could happen at any time, I always wear a white diaper (BetterDry or ConfiDry 24/7). I think some of the printed diapers are cute, but I would be mortified if I ended up in an emergency room wearing a babyish diaper. Wearing a white diaper in that kind of situation is embarrassing enough.

While all white diapers with tapes are going to be my platonic ideal of a diaper, I enjoy variety. Prints aren't even limited to AB diapers. Abena and Tena have what I consider to be attractive prints. There are some ugly prints out there and I'd have to be pretty desperate to wear them. A diaper's feel (inside and out) and function are generally more important to me than its appearance.

My earliest experiences with disposable diapers were in the mid 1980's, by which time most baby diapers had artwork of some kind on them--typically on the taping panel. The babyishness of a diaper is central to my enjoyment, and so those early experiences shaped a strong preference for printed diapers. Plain white disposable diapers are orders of magnitude less interesting to me than ones with babyish prints.

On the other hand, I was diapered in cloth as a baby, and spent many of my early DL years makeshifting with the cloth baby diapers that were still around the house. Those were plain white. And so, at least in cloth diapers, I can see plenty of babyishness in a plain white diaper.

Preferences can be nuanced, can't they?

Last edited:
DanielW said:
I admit I like having a color/print choice, just like any other article of clothing. It doesn't really matter though, because no one's going to see it, not even me...much.
In my case, it's not that uncommon that someone else is going to see it, and it's going to be someone who cares about diapers (other ABDLs). This makes for some different calculations when diapers are fashion.

I like printed diapers for the babyish factor but honestly I'd prefer if there were some AB diapers that looked more like modern baby diapers, because most don't. Kiddo is one of the closest...

Favourite is probably all white. When I first started taking an interest in nappies again as an older child, they were mostly white and plastic backed. The burning desire to wear and use a nappy, and the envy of younger children who did, were first associated with those thick white early 1980s products. The whiteness of a white nappy still symbolises the freedom, comfort and permissiveness of wearing something special just so that you don't have to go to the bathroom to wee or poo.

I'm OK with patterns, such as the geometrics of some mainly-white medical brands. Where they serve as an accurate and reliable taping guide, all the better. E.g. I can tape a plastic Tena Slip using only the pattern and know it will be right. Pretty patterns in pastel colours are nice for a change, girly pinks and purples are fine. Plain solid colours carry a connotation of cheap, medical brands and. with a few exceptions, don't tend to feature in my stock.

AB-style prints are really a no-go for me. They are off-topic because I'm not really into being little very often, and would be needlessly embarrassing and complicating if discovered at work or when accidentally exposed. Everywhere I go, my changing bag goes too, so there are many opportunities for something to go wrong and the nappies to be seen. About the only reason to wear an AB style would be if it had special features not available in plain white, or stock of the white ones had run out (e.g. substituting Cuddlz for Betterdry when unavailable).

I spent a lot of time wondering what would be my favourite print and just kept returning to the idea that disposable nappies should really be white

That is one nice thing about Diapers that have an all over print, a lot have those lines separating the different parts, so you can use that as a guide for tape placements.

When I was a baby, I think they were all white, but I prefer prints because they're so cute.

Reactions: PaddedRita
I love the printed diapers (even though I can’t wear them right now :’( stupid living situation). I have wore cute printed socks since junior high (even when it wasn’t cool, I loved them!). Now EVERYONE comments and loves my socks. I also always grabbed coloured/patterned underwear - was sad when I had to move up to adult and they were only white. Now most women underwear is patterned as well (although the sizes got bigger so I’m back to size 16, woot! Cooler patterns!).

Diapers are the same, why wear plain ones when you can have fun and wear cute patterns? But most of the ABDL diapers are super big (hello 25” waist and 30” hips .... goodnights fit pretty well but most tape on diapers are too big) and thus unable to wear around anyone else without HUGE diaper bulge and now it has to be completely incognito because I live with my mom again and she hates diapers. So goodnights it is, if anything.

KarmaBaby said:
I love the printed diapers (even though I can’t wear them right now :’( stupid living situation). I have wore cute printed socks since junior high (even when it wasn’t cool, I loved them!). Now EVERYONE comments and loves my socks. I also always grabbed coloured/patterned underwear - was sad when I had to move up to adult and they were only white. Now most women underwear is patterned as well (although the sizes got bigger so I’m back to size 16, woot! Cooler patterns!).

Diapers are the same, why wear plain ones when you can have fun and wear cute patterns? But most of the ABDL diapers are super big (hello 25” waist and 30” hips .... goodnights fit pretty well but most tape on diapers are too big) and thus unable to wear around anyone else without HUGE diaper bulge and now it has to be completely incognito because I live with my mom again and she hates diapers. So goodnights it is, if anything.
It’s unfortunate how so many ABDL diapers are too big on you. Maybe try these printed diapers that are available in size small? Your only choices are ABU Space, Little Pawz, PreSchool, Cushies, SDK, Rearz Safari, and DC Amor.

Inconinmiss said:
I’m medically incontinent. Over the years, I’ve come to enjoy the diapers that I need to wear to some extent, but I don’t think that I’m a diaper lover in the same way as many others who post here. I also have other medical issues that have required calling an ambulance on a couple of occasions, after which the emergency room medical personnel of course saw that I was wearing a diaper. Because of the fact that another medical emergency could happen at any time, I always wear a white diaper (BetterDry or ConfiDry 24/7). I think some of the printed diapers are cute, but I would be mortified if I ended up in an emergency room wearing a babyish diaper. Wearing a white diaper in that kind of situation is embarrassing enough.
My last trip to the ER I WAS wearing Crinklz. Was I mortified, not in the least. While the doctor and one other nurse was like whatever, one other nurse said they were really cute and even wanted to know where I got them. Nobody there questioned if I even needed them (probably because I was there specifically for urinary problems), and not a one of them even hinted at any kind of disgust or resentment towards me. (though one nurse did say the teddy bear I had with me shouldn't be in a diaper).

Slomo said:
(though one nurse did say the teddy bear I had with me shouldn't be in a diaper).

lol.... "isn't that teddy bear a bit too old to still be in diapers?" ;)

bambinod said:
lol.... "isn't that teddy bear a bit too old to still be in diapers?" ;)
Because bears poo in the woods, not in diapers

BabyTyrant said:
So I know people either have a preference for Printed Diapers, Plain Diapers, or for a few people even Medical style Diapers (I dont get it, but I understand people have different Tastes and opinions)

But I would like to know exactly why that is.

Like if you are someone that dislikes/hates printed diapers, why?

Do they look silly to you?

Would you feel embarrassed if you were caught wearing a Printed Diaper rather than a Plain White or Medical Style Diaper?

Do you like some Prints and Dislike/Hate other ones?

Same with if you prefer Printed Diapers or the Medical Style Diapers (ones with a traditional Medical Diaper Look, Wetness Indicators, etc).

For me I love having a different variety of Printed Diapers because I find they look more Cute/sometimes Babyish; Though not necessarily True to the prints found on an actual Baby Diaper

I dont need "Authenticity" I just have to like the Diaper itself (what good is it if the Diaper looks good; but doesn't function? ) and the print that is on it (whether it is just a character or design on the Landing Strip, or if it is an all over print)

And you know having Variety is fun; also I don't care if someone see I'm wearing a diaper (pretty unlikely as I try to be discreet) or what they may think if it happens to be a printed diaper (most Diapers I wear have an all over print; except for PeekABU).

I'm not doing it for other people, it's a part of who I am and I enjoy it and it helps me handle stress in a much healthier way than I used to.
I have not ever actually tried any printed diapers only used medical style diapers but I think it's a good thing for more people to see if you are wearing even though it is embarrassing eventually people might stop caring about wether or not I am wearing a diaper it is not a big deal to me so it should be no problem for any one else

There is just something about prints that to me, that make them look uninviting and unpleasant. One example would be the ABU Space product, with an appearance that suggests a person with medical needs is unwelcome to even try them. It's like it is made specifically for someone who is healthy and is looking for entertainment, in an offhand way. Yet, developmentally disabled people need not apply because the product really caters to the BDSL crowd who is in it for ****s and giggles, "just for the fun of it". I think their ABU Simple is a bit more welcoming to a person who has no choice but to buy the products to simply maintain their ability to function. I really don't like the rubbery mat finish on a lot of brands including the ABU diapers with the white backing either, but that's something I have absolutely no control over. It's someone else's business, and they do what they want. While I have absolutely no say-so over the matter. I just want to find one manufacturer who can be consistent and gain my trust.

A design is only unwelcoming if you find them unwelcoming; whereas some see designs as silly others may have a completely different view.

I mean it's not like Underwear doesn't have anything besides white or solid colors.

I think what sells something as a diaper or underwear is form, shape, waistbands, the Tapes/Tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back