Why do you Love (hate or dislike) printed diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a long time I thought printed diapers were silly, for no other reason than the premium cost involved. Some of the earlier ones were pretty bad anyhow. Of course, white diapers were the ones I remembered from my youth so those were sort of what I preferred. However, after seeing a few relative babies in more modern printed diapers, I started to fantasize about those so I got a few. My wife gets a laugh. "What's on your diaper now? Dinosaurs?"

Reactions: Lewis Badger
I’ve always preferred “fun” underwear and socks. I never wore plain white. So when it came to my IC, printed seemed like a great choice

I really dislike the AB printed nappies. I feel like they make my skin crawl as they are modeled on kids/baby nappies. I don't mind the rebels as they could be termed as a normal pattern but the baby designs like the Little Rascals or Tykables make me feel very uncomfortable, not physically but mentally.
I have tried the Little Rascals and i do like the comfort and the fit, the plastic cover is perfect, I want them to make a plain version but they don't. Because of the designs on them I won't buy them.

Reactions: Lewis Badger
woolybobs said:
I really dislike the AB printed nappies. I feel like they make my skin crawl as they are modeled on kids/baby nappies. I don't mind the rebels as they could be termed as a normal pattern but the baby designs like the Little Rascals or Tykables make me feel very uncomfortable, not physically but mentally.
I have tried the Little Rascals and i do like the comfort and the fit, the plastic cover is perfect, I want them to make a plain version but they don't. Because of the designs on them I won't buy them.

Actually most ABDL Printed Nappies have their own Print (whether all over or just on the landing zone) instead of one based off of the Print from Kids/baby Nappies

For some "realism" of the print is even a "selling point"

I like printed ones because they can be really cute and babyish but I like the idea of the plain white babyish ones too. I've only got to try a few ABDL diapers so far, so I've mostly had store bought pull ups for other ones which are good nights, depends or always. However, I plan to buy more ABDL ones soon and if they were easier to access I think that would be a different story.

I have no AB tendencies so printed is out, plain colours only.

bounduptoplease said:
I have no AB tendencies so printed is out, plain colours only.
What about prints that aren't babyish?

No prints, I want them to be white and functional, period.

Reactions: woolyDL
willnotwill said:
For a long time I thought printed diapers were silly, for no other reason than the premium cost involved. Some of the earlier ones were pretty bad anyhow. Of course, white diapers were the ones I remembered from my youth so those were sort of what I preferred. However, after seeing a few relative babies in more modern printed diapers, I started to fantasize about those so I got a few. My wife gets a laugh. "What's on your diaper now? Dinosaurs?"

Well sure there is a "price premium" on ABDL Printed Diapers, but I dont think its that much above high quality, high absorbency diapers that aren't Printed; sure if you are comparing prices between an ABDL Printed Diaper and a lower quality, less absorbent medical style diaper theres a big price difference; but its also a difference in function

As long as I turned into DL world, wish some completely black. That's about my preference.

Reality is I can't spending cash in this stuff, so I use low cost alternatives.

These days it's not that much of a premium, but that wasn't always the case. As I said, I was reticient to buy a whole lot of crap diapers at $4 a pop. There are still some in that price range. I still have a few of those early ones kicking around somewhere. You are right that many of them now are the same or just slightly more than an equivalent non printed diaper. Of course, there are some that still suck. I got a pack of dottie the ponies and while they're absorbant, EVERY TIME I've worn one they've exploded internally.

My favorite are the CTDC Bear Hugz. I'm a teddy bear sort of guy. I'm not a fan of the Bambino line.

Amusingly, I've got a year old grandson and I was up visiting last week. My daughter says to her husband, "Why did you put a night time diaper on him?" He says, "I can't tell which is which." She says, "The night ones have sheep and clouds all over them." Sure enough they did. Very much like the Little Dreamers.

willnotwill said:
These days it's not that much of a premium, but that wasn't always the case. As I said, I was reticient to buy a whole lot of crap diapers at $4 a pop. There are still some in that price range. I still have a few of those early ones kicking around somewhere. You are right that many of them now are the same or just slightly more than an equivalent non printed diaper. Of course, there are some that still suck. I got a pack of dottie the ponies and while they're absorbant, EVERY TIME I've worn one they've exploded internally.

My favorite are the CTDC Bear Hugz. I'm a teddy bear sort of guy. I'm not a fan of the Bambino line.

Amusingly, I've got a year old grandson and I was up visiting last week. My daughter says to her husband, "Why did you put a night time diaper on him?" He says, "I can't tell which is which." She says, "The night ones have sheep and clouds all over them." Sure enough they did. Very much like the Little Dreamers.

Well very few Diapers are really expensive unless you buy them in small quantities, and yeah I have heard how terrible some are

like I have heard AwwSoCute look nice, but are actually very basic and not a good performing diaper at all

OTOH Magnificos seem to be a great diaper (from what I have heard) but are overpriced in this day and age when you can get similar or better performance for much less

I tried Qtty Rawrz and wasn't impressed with them in several aspects

But the good ones are amazing, dont cost too much above similar non-printed diapers, and in my experience are pretty consistent; so ultimately if you like a print it can be well worth it

I have been a loyal ABU fan since the current owners took over and have not been disappointed in anything from them

I am strictly a DL, and for years, I preferred plain white diapers. However, things have changed, and I now prefer printed diapers. I may not have a “babyish” side, but I still find printed diapers to be cute. Looking back, it seems a bit odd, as I have long preferred printed underwear over plain underwear. In spite of this, it took awhile for my diaper preferences to catch up there. Perhaps part of the delay was due to me being between sizes (for years, the medium ConfiDry 24/7 was my “go to” diaper.). However, after trying different things, I found that large Crinklz actually fit me quite well. In fact, I find large Crinklz to be the most comfortable diapers I have worn (they are currently my “go to” diaper). Seeing the cute prints on my diapers seems to be a welcome break from years of plain white.

If all disposables were printed I would wear clot and plastic pants only

Reactions: bounduptoplease
I prefer prints, not only because I really like the design of most of the printed diapers, but also, wearing printed diapers doesn't make it seem like it's a medical issue and it's just more fun.

Reactions: OmiOMy
I like them, but don't prefer them for general wearing. If I'm buying a dedicated ABDL diaper, I want to feel like I'm getting the best of my money and the best of my money is always a printed diaper.

To further explain, my main go to is a Tranquility ATN with Topliner Booster. They're really cheap, white and do a phenomenal job IMO. So if I am going to spend upward of $30 for a 12 pack of diapers vs. $10 with local pickup and no shipping, I don't want a white diaper with a glorified sticker across the waist. I want color, design and all over print to make me feel like I'm getting something.

I mostly wear white diapers because most of my preferred brands only come in white but honestly if there were more printed ones that were not so babyish I prefer the fun of the printed ones. For instance I really like tykables but their prints are just too babyish for me so I don't wear them super often on the other hand I wear crinklz a lot because they are not quite as babyish. I wish diapers like city print and under the sea were more readily available because I don't feel childish at all wearing those and I am really looking forward to the blue camo tykables and the blue northshore megamax that are coming soon

In all honesty I don't know why they bother printing baby nappies. The wearers don't have a clue if its got some cartoon characters on or pictures of clouds etc... total waste of money...

woolybobs said:
In all honesty I don't know why they bother printing baby nappies. The wearers don't have a clue if its got some cartoon characters on or pictures of clouds etc... total waste of money...

Well, for the really young ones who aren’t aware, it is mostly done for the parents. Moms eat that cutesy stuff up. A good business decision.

I don’t know if north shore supreme/megamax are plain or “medical”, but I prefer those. Printed ones are expensive for the absorbency. I know I buy megamax (only use one a day max for overnight use) , but the functionality is better than the printed kind I’ve seen. I wear a lot.

I’m not 24/7 (though not far from it on weekends), but if I wanna feel little I wear rearz reusable training pants. :) feeing little and wearing diapers are v different for me

Reactions: OmiOMy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back