When you go to a grocery store, do you 'inconspicuously' sneak a peak at the baby section?

For me that isle has Johnson and Johnson powder that I use to help keep my shoes from reeking. So I find myself in that isle maybe twice a year. And I just see it as another isle with something I use in it. I don't find myself lingering and desiring any of the other products though. I used arm and hammer powder before but that brand leaves my feet itchy so I stick to J&J's

I just look for sales on diaper cream.

CLeazy928 said:
For me that isle has Johnson and Johnson powder that I use to help keep my shoes from reeking. So I find myself in that isle maybe twice a year. And I just see it as another isle with something I use in it. I don't find myself lingering and desiring any of the other products though. I used arm and hammer powder before but that brand leaves my feet itchy so I stick to J&J's
Pretty honest sounding post! And some actual wisdom or at least life experience.

Reactions: AJFan2020
I miss the smell. Can we get Pampers baby cologne or something please! 🙏 🥹

Reactions: dbot99 and AJFan2020
LittleAndAlone said:
I miss the smell. Can we get Pampers baby cologne or something please! 🙏 🥹
There is baby powder scented oil from different companies. I use 2-4 drops in my diaper for work that keeps me smelling nice even after being in a wet diaper for over 8 hours.

Jamesagung21 said:
I could tell you from Aussie right? from the sleepynight, drynites, and baby nappies section
Guilty as charged :)

Reactions: Jamesagung21 and 60something
If I’m diapered, I do try to walk down the aisle and wet my diaper while looking at products. I do still sometimes buy wipes or powder, but otherwise just browsing.

I had to smile when I saw this. The baby section is like a candle flame to a moth for me. LOL. When I go thru I feel like I'm being a naughty little boy waiting to get caught. I feel like at any minute somebody is going to come up and say. "This is the baby section, what do you need in here"!

Reactions: AJFan2020 and dbot99
I always try to take a Gander if I can out of sheer Curiousity.

PurpleScorpion said:
Do you make up a reason to go there-if other toiletries or paper products are there, you grab some toilet paper or paper towels? Do you literally just stand and stare at it, or do you only glance while walking past it?
I take a look as I walk by.

I HAVE to wander down the toy isle lol it's a must haha the baby isle has sippy cups that I feel the need to look at too lol I haven't bought one in a while though, I'm getting quite the collection and not all of them will fit in the cupboard anymore lol

Reactions: AJFan2020 and dbot99
Toy aisle visits are indeed obligatory! I tend to feel a bit awkward in the baby aisle though, fellow customers may not know I'm there for me but I know I'm there for me and it's enough to make me feel shy. One day I will get past these jitters.

60something said:
I had to smile when I saw this. The baby section is like a candle flame to a moth for me. LOL. When I go thru I feel like I'm being a naughty little boy waiting to get caught. I feel like at any minute somebody is going to come up and say. "This is the baby section, what do you need in here"!
Wouldn't it be fun to reply, "Something that fits!"

• Haha
Cottontail said:
Cottontail New Year’s Resolution #54383: When half of the responses to a baby aisle topic instead refer to the baby isle, tell yourself that you know what they meant and avoid being pedantic.

Obviously I’m still working on that one, but the year’s only just started. ;)

And if there actually is a baby isle somewhere, take pity on my ignorance and give me the coordinates. Vacations need planning, after all.

Anyway, the baby aisle…. Yup! I visit all the time. And I buy stuff! I love using Pampers for extra absorbency, and for giving my stash tubs a nice Pampersy scent. Occasionally I’ll get a pacifier too, or some wipes. It’s a pity that staying alive also requires me to visit all those other super boring aisles.
Dear @Cottontail , your post made me laugh a lot, and I really needed that right now. So thank you for an amusingly perfect post!
yeah, I did notice it was kind of old, but anyways, how's the resolution going so far?

Reactions: AJFan2020 and Cottontail
BwBunny said:
I did notice it was kind of old, but anyways, how's the resolution going so far?
Oh man, I’ve been trying so hard to ignore this topic, LOL. It’s ok though. I’ll reply and then run for the door before the urge to shame somebody becomes uncontrollable!

(And a belated-ish welcome! I hope you’re finding the place fun and helpful. Always good to have another bunny aboard too! :))

Reactions: BwBunny
Cottontail said:
Oh man, I’ve been trying so hard to ignore this topic, LOL. It’s ok though. I’ll reply and then run for the door before the urge to shame somebody becomes uncontrollable!

(And a belated-ish welcome! I hope you’re finding the place fun and helpful. Always good to have another bunny aboard too! :))
Dear @Cottontail
I do find this place helpful, But I also get that I'm the most oddball amongst all of us, but still, I'm having a blast.
I should probably have gotten here (=adisc) sooner though. But better late, than never, right?.

Reactions: dogboy
yes, always, it is so fun to look and see if there is anything new to buy. I usually will just do a quick walk-through, as if it was any other isle.

Every time I go to a grocery or department store I go down the aisle looking for new stuff or cute babies toys. Sometimes I will check out the infant cloths and wish I could get them in my size.

LoL, have to look when I buy baby powder, and I'm not even into DL.
But it amazes me that you can find pull ups for girls up to age 15, but they still almost covers my weight.
Problem is that I'm a genuine bedwetter, and I wet a lot. The pull up kind never worked for me, not even as a kid.

Last edited:
Back