When you go to a grocery store, do you 'inconspicuously' sneak a peak at the baby section?

PurpleScorpion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
Do you make up a reason to go there-if other toiletries or paper products are there, you grab some toilet paper or paper towels? Do you literally just stand and stare at it, or do you only glance while walking past it?

Reactions: babydolllovie, diaperslover, wetnights and 10 others
Yes… it’s my Achilles heel of shopping

• Haha
Reactions: Sidewinder, oldskool, Blekyss and 2 others
i tend to make small glances toward just to check if there is anything i would be interested in getting

Reactions: PaKo66, CLPP, oldskool and 2 others
Yep. Sometimes my parents will ask me to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Since I'm on my own, I slip in the diaper aisle and stare at the wonderful, mesmerizing display of diapers, and even look at the bottles/pacifiers/baby shampoo/etc in the same aisle.

Reactions: DLBIG, oldskool, Blekyss and 4 others
Diapers and the potties

Reactions: PaKo66, Sidewinder, oldskool and 2 others
Not as often. It's not as intoxicating as it was in the 80s and 90s.

Reactions: diaperwoody, theancientmariner, BigKid25 and 4 others
Yes, I always go down the baby aisle and look at the packets and boxes of nappies as I go past and wish that I was still little enough to need them. I don't use any excuses to go down that aisle, I just do it.

nappies.jpg

Reactions: Prillprillprill, oldskool, Blekyss and 5 others
As a grand parent the baby section is in my job description , I never need permission but always need supervision .

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: dbot99, Bigbabybret, diaperwoody and 6 others
Yes like always

Reactions: oldskool, Blekyss and BBBen
LittleAndAlone said:
Not as often. It's not as intoxicating as it was in the 80s and 90s.
Yes exactly!.....The diaper or baby aisle just isnt the same. Theres no more strong Pampers aroma or thick bags full of thick plastic diapers. Its all mostly cartoony pull ups and loads of fragrance free /non allergenic products nowadays. Its lost its appeal to me but I will still look for the heck of it.

Reactions: stinkape, AJFan2020, MetalDan86 and 3 others
KCA said:
Yes, I always go down the baby aisle and look at the packets and boxes of nappies as I go past and wish that I was still little enough to need them. I don't use any excuses to go down that aisle, I just do it.

View attachment 126542
It’s interesting that the sign at the top says ‘baby nappies’ rather than just ‘nappies’ as though adult nappies are now a more recognised thing so they have the need to specify

• Haha
Reactions: Littlebabaprince, Yoboroad, Blekyss and 3 others
I will sometimes go down the baby aisles of the supermarket, Wal mart or Target....it just doesnt have the appeal to me like the old days. Long gone are the thick bags or boxes of thick white plastic diapers. Gone is the telltale Pampers babyish fragrance through out the aisle. Diapers now are all thin clothlike cartoony Pull ups mostly. They are all fragrance free as well, along with all the other baby products. Everything nowadays is about allergic kids and babies. SO the aisles are just not that appealing to me like they used to be. Boy do I miss the diaper aisle at Toy r US. There were diaper bundles stacked to the ceiling and the diaper fragrance was intoxicating. They also had racks of plastic pants too which you dont see anymore.

Reactions: longallsboy, diaperwoody, stinkape and 2 others
Seabear said:
It’s interesting that the sign at the top says ‘baby nappies’ rather than just ‘nappies’ as though adult nappies are now a more recognised thing so they have the need to specify
Its still intriguing to see the aisle full of those diapers in bundles in that picture even though they arent like the diapers I remember. So theres still a little bit of appeal to me.

Reactions: stinkape, oldskool and BBBen
I am not going to say I am inconspicuous. I just normally go to the baby isle and buy baby powder and baby lotion. No need to be inconspicuous except for my diapers under my adult clothes which are discreet.

Reactions: bwsteve, Teddy02, oldskool and 2 others
I often try to wet while I am in that part of the store

• Wow
Reactions: AJFan2020, DiaperedTeddyBear, foxkits and 4 others
Always…and I can buy goodies for my baby grandson, and ME, there!🤣

Reactions: Twobears and oldskool
Diapers are across the aisle from paper towels and TP, so I take a good look when I go down that aisle. My store doesn’t ever carry my XL Goodnites, only the old L/XL size when they have any stock, so I haven't bought diapers there since my son stopped wearing pull-ups at night several years ago.

All the time! I love to wander down the Isle and drift into little me imagining being g fed the yummy foods, new bottles and toys and of course the nappies.

Reactions: DBabygirl2
I get in a few glances sometimes. Mainly for ideas

Reactions: oldskool
Since I always use unperfumed (baby) bum-wipes for all kinds of things, I tend to use the opportunity to have a look around the rest of the items while I am there :)

Reactions: Littlebabaprince, oldskool, mightytoddler and 3 others
Back