What Is Your Favorite Diaper Rash Cream For Bedwetting.

SugarNova

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Sleeping in a wet diaper causes me skin irritation. What is you favorite diaper rash cream or ointment. I currently use max zinc oxide cream.

Reactions: Diprs2, DIAPERBOY920, Edgewater and 1 other person
Sudocrem

Reactions: Diprs2, Constantlydamp, sissybaby34 and 3 others
I use A&D ointment as a preventative and for the rare rash just standard Desitin. Rarely get rashes though.

Reactions: Diprs2, Goodnites11, Deleted member 59603 and 2 others
I've been using Desitin Daily Defense for years. I buy it in the 1lb. tub.

Reactions: Diprs2, DotTheCyberCat, ChrisChris and 2 others
RedStripeLvr said:
I use A&D ointment as a preventative and for the rare rash just standard Desitin. Rarely get rashes though.
Seconded! A&D is amazing preventative care!

Reactions: Diprs2, Goodnites11, DotTheCyberCat and 3 others
I only use creams if I get diaper rash and that rarely happens. I'm lucky because my wife helps me by applying the cream and my diaper when my skin is in that condition. But that only happens a few times a year. I use over the counter diaper rash ointment.

Reactions: Diprs2, DotTheCyberCat and Edgewater
With you classifying as DL and no information regarding length of wearing and what diaper you are wearing as today's market varies widely regarding wetness guards, etc. You limit us from targeting why you are getting a diaper rash!

If you are not properly hydrating yourself, your urine will be stronger and cause rashes quicker than someone who is hydrated. If you are wearing a wet diaper for extended periods of time you will be more prone to rashes! A Premium diaper will help greatly in preventing a diaper rash.

Doing the above things will greatly help. After that, comes assuring that you are wearing a very good, long standing, diaper rash product, with several listed above.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Constantlydamp, DotTheCyberCat and 3 others
I use Sudocreme

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Edgewater
I use a combination of J&J baby lotion (applied first and allowed to dry a bit) and then apply max strength boudreaux’s. I have sensitive skin and am diapered everyday and that combo works for my skin! You might have to play around with different products to find something that works for you

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
I use BAMBINO diaper cream FB_IMG_1694698370551.jpg

A&D works best here

I use Maximum Strength Desitin during every change. I haven’t had a serious rash in years. Prevention in this case is better than treating an issue.

I use A&D, and Desitin overnight

If you use desitin yesterday I saw the maximum strength tub on clearance at Walgreens for $16.26 for the tub .

I had a moment a few days ago where I thought I was getting a rash but it dissipated pretty quickly. I have some desitin on standby but I haven't needed to use it. For the most part I wipe myself down at each change and put a layer of Vaseline on. I have also started using a cloth diaper insert which seems to do a good job of distribution and it wicks away really nicely. I also change every three to four hours...

Reactions: Diprs2
I got some Calmoseptine prescribed by a doctor (even though it's OTC) for an unrelated issue. Turns out it's good for diaper rash, too. I don't get it often, and the Calmoseptine nips it in the bud when it starts to show up.

When I get a diaper rash I usually use Desitin. Of course I also use Walmart's Equate Diaper Rash Ointment and they both have more that 40% zinc oxide. Typically I use them daily to prevent a rash. The only problem is that they do have an odor. Smells like a baby. But they work. I simply use a good cologne.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Dry247
For rash prevention I find that coconut oil provides a great thin barrier that is inexpensive and easy to apply and remove. However, once I see pre-rash irritation I change over to Desitin Daily Defense.

Also, I would recommend to anyone who is IC that they use a hand mirror for self-inspection. There areas that are difficult or impossible to see and a mirror may help to catch pre-rash irritation before it develops into a full rash.

--John

Reactions: Diprs2, Seasonedcitizen and CrossfireHurricane
SugarNova said:
Sleeping in a wet diaper causes me skin irritation. What is you favorite diaper rash cream or ointment. I currently use max zinc oxide cream.
Desitin

Bepanthen (available in Switzerland and Europe ) is doing an amazing job. I have a very sensitive skin and it's doing miracles.
As an example, last month I ran out of supply. I didn't paid attention since I don't use it on a daily basis. Only when my skin is getting red or when I feel itchy (few times a week but not every day). It was toward the end of the week but my skin was only slightly red so I didn't worried and was busy.
And of course, I woke up early on Sunday morning with a full developed rash 😕 With absolutely no way to buy more until Monday... I even went to my parents house officially to say hello and for a tea. But also to check if I left some but no. It was an very uncomfortable day/night until Monday morning. Even my girlfriend noticed I was uncomfortable when I saw her on Sunday evening...
And when I could finally applied the cream, it was on a fully developed rash. Thanks to Bepanthen, it cleared in less than 3 days. Already felt better after only one day 👍

Just be aware, it's not working with fungal infection!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Back