what diapers did you wear as a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always had cloth and plastic pants at home - when away from home, specially at school - Pampers (the 70s style tape-on, plastic backed, fan-fold ones) up until 8-9 (They actually did fit right until then). Not sure what disposable after that - I know mom got them from a medical supply shop, that's about it. At some point I know they were the old Attends (The ones P&G actually made - pretty close to up-sized Pampers) but not sure when that started.

Terry and plastic born 1970. Wet bed until 1983.

Reactions: sissybaby34
Pampers all around and at some point when I was 7 or 8 my mom tried some store brand disposable
diapers, but they didn't fit right and we had to use packing tape to keep the diaper from ripping open
in the middle of the night.

But mostly Pampers. My brother was 100% Pampers but he was out of them very early.

tam1623 said:
Terry nappies and plastic pants :)

The perfect combo for old-school ABDLs!

Reactions: tam1623 and sissybaby34
JoeMusic1976 said:
Pampers all around and at some point when I was 7 or 8 my mom tried some store brand disposable
diapers, but they didn't fit right and we had to use packing tape to keep the diaper from ripping open
in the middle of the night.

But mostly Pampers. My brother was 100% Pampers but he was out of them very early.
I suppose you switched to Attends shortly after like many of us.

nwm said:
I always had cloth and plastic pants at home - when away from home, specially at school - Pampers (the 70s style tape-on, plastic backed, fan-fold ones) up until 8-9 (They actually did fit right until then). Not sure what disposable after that - I know mom got them from a medical supply shop, that's about it. At some point I know they were the old Attends (The ones P&G actually made - pretty close to up-sized Pampers) but not sure when that started.

Original Attends sposies debuted 3 years after Luvs came into the scene in 1976.

From what I recall a very few early Luvs and Attends were produced with that highly textured "rubberized" plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nwm
sloth said:
Terry and plastic born 1970. Wet bed until 1983.

I grew up with rectangular paper boosters with Gerber plastic pants. Born on April 3, 1972.

Reactions: indiaperdl
Cloth covered with Latex rubber pants.

goodnites22 said:
what diapers did you wear as a kid i wore pullups as a kid till like 5 or 6 i have special needs
From old pictures, the "pinked" edges makes me think that they were curity diapers.

Cottontail said:
Born in '76. Pin-on cloth diapers and plastic pants. Specifically, Curity "Day/Night" prefolds with the oval logo and crown. I've since amassed quite a collection of these, as they're wonderfully soft and great for stuffing.

full
I knew you would show up here! Nice duckie pins!

Reactions: Cottontail
I'm a bit of an odd-ball, here; I was born in the early '90s, and we lived in the outskirts of a major city, so there was a cloth diaper service available, and it was cheaper than using disposables, so for the first ~2 months of my life, I was in cloth diapers. This is mainly because my parents were poor, and for most of my life, we straddled that line between lower-class and middle-class; we never went without the essentials, but our car had plywood over the floorboards, if you know what I mean. When my parents had to move to find work, we moved to a more rural area; lower cost of living, but without a cloth diaper service, so I was put in the classic Pampers from that era, until I was potty trained. I don't know if I ever used any potty training pants; ironically, my mother said that I was very easy to potty train. I think my fascination with diapers began when my younger cousins started to be born, long after I was potty trained.

Last edited:
Huggies snug and dry

Either cloth diapers and plastic pants or Pampers.

Reactions: chuck
My younger brother grew up with rubberized fanfold sposies and rectangular boosters with "Snibb" tie-ons.

Reactions: Deleted member 58257
From what I remember, the early 2000’s Huggies. I think they are the ones that were packed in a bag with different shades of green and the prints were Winnie The Pooh characters?

Reactions: BigKid25
I was in both Pampers and Huggies as a baby and toddler. Nothing but tape on diapers for me since pullups didn't even exist until I was well past potty training by then.

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo
I am a 1970 kid. It was Plastc Pants ("Mölny") and what we call Booster today ("Flockenwindel"). I was a bedwetter til 8 and in diapers at night.

littlemoosey said:
Nice duckie pins!
Vintage Reddy brand, the best ones! :) I collect those also. So much nicer to pin with than the modern pins.

Last edited:
Late 90s baby here, so Pampers up until I started potty training at 3, and then switched to Huggies Pull-Ups. At night I wore various brands training pants at night til I was able to fit in Goodnites, and then I wore those til I stopped wetting the bed at 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back