what diapers did you wear as a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
RothwellBC said:
I was in pampers all the time till i was 7.... and i definitely remember these ones they were both white and then with boy blue stripes... they were loud and thick and my mom actually bough me bigger size pjs so they would fit overtop... anyone else remember these...

6eae48279e9cbc5c5afc4f84b0f2eb9c.jpg

ddmioac-297bbaf7-908c-420d-b316-6471ddd625b2.jpg
These were probably the best ones that Proctor & Gamble ever made. Their absorbency would far exceed anything available on the market today. And they also had that nice scent. Luvs were similar. And yes, adults would purchase these and wear them as inserts. This has been well documented. To be seen purchasing adult "briefs" at a Walgreens would indicate you either had some type of serious problem, or was taking care of an elderly or severely disabled person. The stigma was real back then.

Reactions: RothwellBC
Pampers until about 9 or 10 and then drynites

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo
Honeywell6180 said:
These were probably the best ones that Proctor & Gamble ever made. Their absorbency would far exceed anything available on the market today. And they also had that nice scent. Luvs were similar. And yes, adults would purchase these and wear them as inserts. This has been well documented. To be seen purchasing adult "briefs" at a Walgreens would indicate you either had some type of serious problem, or was taking care of an elderly or severely disabled person. The stigma was real back then.
I don’t feel the stigma has changed much over the years. I still use pampers as an insert too.

I honestly can’t remember too well, but I think that I used to wear Pampers up until I was potty trained (when I was 4 or 5, I think). I never got to experience any kind of pull up type diapers until I started wearing as a DL when I was about 13.

Honeywell6180 said:

The same cushion quilted blue lining has also been used on Attends Wrap-Around sposies from that era.

BabyTweetyBird said:
This package dates from 1994/95, when Pampers Ultra Trainers went unisex before being discontinued in 1997.
Cool, thanks for weighing in. I would have been 3-4 in 1997, so that would add up with what I recall. Do you happen to know if this unisex version was available up until they were discontinued? When I have tried to find pictures before, I’ve run into gender-specific packaging and dinosaur prints on the boys’ version, which I don’t think I remember from when I was a toddler.

BabyTweetyBird said:
The same cushion quilted blue lining has also been used on Attends Wrap-Around sposies from that era.
The coloration, yes. But Attends had that "micro-pore" liner that was very much disliked by the people who had to wear them. The liner was essentially a plastic mesh, and was not of a non-woven material like Luvs, Pampers, and other brands.

Honeywell6180 said:
The coloration, yes. But Attends had that "micro-pore" liner that was very much disliked by the people who had to wear them. The liner was essentially a plastic mesh, and was not of a non-woven material like Luvs, Pampers, and other brands.
I swear it was the same when liner they used on Always maxi pads at the time. Pampers and Luvs definitely had a different top sheet.

Reactions: Honeywell6180
Honeywell6180 said:
The micro-pore liner was introduced after the Domtar buyout. P&G-era Attends had the textured non-woven liner found on Luvs, Pampers and Always. Even the first production runs featured the rare "Dry Wave" quilted cushion in addition to the "rubberized" plastic backing.

Last edited by a moderator:
BabyTweetyBird said:
The micro-pore liner was introduced after the Domtar buyout. P&G-era Attends had the textured non-woven liner found on Luvs, Pampers and Always. Even the first production runs featured the rare "Dry Wave" quilted cushion in addition to the "rubberized" plastic backing.
No, it wasn't! The plastic pore liner was used clear back in the 1980s, when Proctor & Gamble owned Attends. Believe me, I am definitely old enough to have remembered acquiring a case of Attends in 1996, having to throw it in the dumpster because of that awful liner. On the other hand, P&G did make a line of Attends with the non-woven liner similar to Pampers, but they used a three-tape system rather than two. Domtar got rid of the micro-pore liner a couple years after buying the Attends brand from P&G, and later thinned out the product while adding the cloth-like backing. Quality control in manufacturing by Domtar was severely lacking, even 15 years ago. So Attends has never been a viable product since Domtar took over.

• Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
Honeywell6180 said:
No, it wasn't! The plastic pore liner was used clear back in the 1980s, when Proctor & Gamble owned Attends. Believe me, I am definitely old enough to have remembered acquiring a case of Attends in 1996, having to throw it in the dumpster because of that awful liner. On the other hand, P&G did make a line of Attends with the non-woven liner similar to Pampers, but they used a three-tape system rather than two. Domtar got rid of the micro-pore liner a couple years after buying the Attends brand from P&G, and later thinned out the product while adding the cloth-like backing. Quality control in manufacturing by Domtar was severely lacking, even 15 years ago. So Attends has never been a viable product since Domtar took over.
The 6-tab system was a marketing move to compete with KC's Depend.

I had the chance to grab a bag of Attends with the micro-pore liner in 1987 and found nothing that looked awful. Some liked it while others don't.

There's no doubt Domtar had completely destroyed the brand.

We kindly hope American Industrial Partners will restore its former glory though I'm afraid they'll make things much worse.

I guess I'm one of the very few weirdos that liked that micropore liner, I was so sad when they discontinued it in 2007. I have bought vintage attends clear back to the late 80's that had the micropore liner but I have also bought vintage attends that definitely felt more like adult size pampers!

The 6-tape blue taped Attends were the best diapers (I recognize the absorbency lacks compared to today's diapers)! They were so crinkly with that shiny white plastic, so secure and fit me perfect as a teenager and made me feel so babyish.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PaddedMewtwo and Deleted member 56273
bambinobaby said:
The 6-tape blue taped Attends were the best diapers (I recognize the absorbency lacks compared to today's diapers)! They were so crinkly with that shiny white plastic, so secure and fit me perfect as a teenager and made me feel so babyish.

These were by far the most coveted with a comfortable waistband and 4 canary yellow wetness indicator lines turning into baby blue once the absorbent core becomes wet. Sadly they weren't available in Europe.

I still remember the first Attends I bought , they came in a box for packaging, not the plastic bag wrap. I was so embarrassed to buy them at the local pharmacy

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and PaddedMewtwo
sbuck1963 said:
I still remember the first Attends I bought , they came in a box for packaging, not the plastic bag wrap. I was so embarrassed to buy them at the local pharmacy

Mine came into a plastic bag. They had a baby blue plastic backing, 4 white tabs, canary yellow wetness indicators and micro pore liner.

I was told that I wore all 3 brands. Pampers, Huggies and Luvs. Though I also didn't want to get potty trained either.

bambinobaby said:
I remember these as well as a young teen, both these and goodnites got me hooked on diapers!

Reactions: Vistavision99
I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants at night. All thru school I wore pull-up or snap-on cloth training pants and plastic pants to school and during the day.

Last edited:
I very clearly remember wearing the Huggies Supertrim diapers because I remember they had the Muppet Babies on them.. God I would LOVE it if I could find some ABDL diapers that had identical landing zones as the Huggies Supertrim had on it the the early 90's

Reactions: Scott729
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back