Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 0 guest views remaining

Weight Loss

Wondercrinkee said:
Sadly, so is mine. Herniated disks, stenosis, etc., bad knees, ankles, tachycardia, aHHHHH! But I must lose weight, too. Darn it. But I can't go far without pain. Snif...sniff...(Going Fishing is fun, though!)
I loved going fishing! A work colleague took me every Sunday for summer (about six months , so about 24 times..) I loved it! Early in morning of the piers and rocks.. he teaching , me vaguely listening and cooking bacon on disposable bbq.... lovely..

Reactions: BeTrue
Kittyinpink said:
Oh dears... sounds a bit like you like your meat processed and fatty... pork all pulled , beef all corned.. add more fiber stuff - whole grains , get more protein from nuts and pulses... drink more water... that will help!
Darn. I bought the nuts, but I end up giving most of them to my birds!! They love them where they make me feel weighed-down. I see your point, though! Darn again!!:eek::sneaky:(y)

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Wow everyone seems so excited 😁 this will be good for everyone. I have no issues with posting my stats on here. I have a fairly moderate goal of ten lbs to lose. I'm around 165lb right now and weighlift every morning but am getting a little pudgy and want to tone up. One time I was at 172lb and was able to get all the way down to 155lb but I had to strictly follow a healthy diet.

I'm going to focus on cardio and high intensity interval training, it's where I need it most anyway, my cardio kind of sucks🙄

Cheers

Flecko

Reactions: BeTrue, Kittyinpink and Woncrinklz
I'm giving in and having a small pinch of pulled pork. I promise😇:censored:. I really am not kidding. Just a small....pinch. I truly swear. I really swear I mean it. Honestly. I'm not kidding. I really aaam AM taking this seriously. Please trust I mean it that it's just a pinch, then I'm going to bed...half diaper to go as well. Okay. Were clear now. Going. Doing it.

I'm signing off now, but you all take care, now? Ya hear?

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy, BeTrue and Kittyinpink
You don't want to do it like I did. Most of mine was due to gastroparesis. Either from being sick and throwing up or not eating big meals of very often because I get sick. January last year I weighed 262 pounds. In Dec I weighed 222 and it was all lost the hard way, no one wants to loose it that away trust me. But then in Dec. I had a gastric stimulator placed to help my stomach empty and trick my brain into not getting the nausea signal from my stomach saying I was sick. I use to throw up almost daily but after I got my stim I have only thrown up twice since Dec 14th. So I am very excited. But now I am down to 204 now. It turns out the stimulator does so good at mixing up signals from the stomach to the brain it also stops a lot of the hunger signals. So I do not want to eat as much and I feel full sooner when I do eat. So I got online and did some research and it turns out in Europe and Canada they are being used as a alternative to gastric bypass already. It is being studied in the US. So I kinda got a way to cheat I guess. 🤣 I asked my doctor that placed it and he said they have not studied it. But it was gastroparesis patients that they noticed a trend with after having a stimulator placed. But I also had to change my diet a lot too so some of it is me I guess. I did cut out all soda pop a few years back before I got the disease too.

I am just so exited to loose weight too. It feels good to see the pregnant pot belly slowly go away.

Not really to give advice unless you are considering surgery. I was just proud. I back into medium diapers from Northshore. I do feel a lot better getting rid of that weight. I also walk 4 to 6 laps a day around Walmart most days not every. We have a super center and it is a smaller town so it is rarely packed and it is a good way to exercise indoors. Other than that I been bowling about 3 games a day. I normally get 25 to 30 games a week in. When my body feels up to it.

Reactions: dogboy and Kittyinpink
Diaperman95 said:
You don't want to do it like I did. Most of mine was due to gastroparesis. Either from being sick and throwing up or not eating big meals of very often because I get sick. January last year I weighed 262 pounds. In Dec I weighed 222 and it was all lost the hard way, no one wants to loose it that away trust me. But then in Dec. I had a gastric stimulator placed to help my stomach empty and trick my brain into not getting the nausea signal from my stomach saying I was sick. I use to throw up almost daily but after I got my stim I have only thrown up twice since Dec 14th. So I am very excited. But now I am down to 204 now. It turns out the stimulator does so good at mixing up signals from the stomach to the brain it also stops a lot of the hunger signals. So I do not want to eat as much and I feel full sooner when I do eat. So I got online and did some research and it turns out in Europe and Canada they are being used as a alternative to gastric bypass already. It is being studied in the US. So I kinda got a way to cheat I guess. 🤣 I asked my doctor that placed it and he said they have not studied it. But it was gastroparesis patients that they noticed a trend with after having a stimulator placed. But I also had to change my diet a lot too so some of it is me I guess. I did cut out all soda pop a few years back before I got the disease too.

I am just so exited to loose weight too. It feels good to see the pregnant pot belly slowly go away.

Not really to give advice unless you are considering surgery. I was just proud. I back into medium diapers from Northshore. I do feel a lot better getting rid of that weight. I also walk 4 to 6 laps a day around Walmart most days not every. We have a super center and it is a smaller town so it is rarely packed and it is a good way to exercise indoors. Other than that I been bowling about 3 games a day. I normally get 25 to 30 games a week in. When my body feels up to it.
Well done! You have every right to be proud! Its lovely to feel slim and happy with your body! (Sorry about the sickness though!)

I love food so I can’t just give up to eat special food for dieting. So I did intermittent fasting. I would fast for 18 hours with only black coffee and water. Then eat dinner and snack for the 6 hours period. I have lost 25 pounds in 6 months.

Kittyinpink said:
How about we all just do it? Maybe turn this thread 'sticky' and at the end of each month post an honest weight / belt hole gain/loss etc.. ? I don't like weighing myself, and I judge my progress by how many holes down I am on my favourite belt...
I'll join in

Just to chime in. About 2 years ago a friend and i decided to try and loose weight so we were basically doing the Keto diet and I'm not gonna lie it was hard! But we cut out carbs (things like bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes) also cut out sweets. If u r like me and just have to have a sweet every now and then then go with dark chocolate, it's healthier for your heart and less sugar. Also it goes back to proportions. Just 1 or 2 small pieces if you have to satisfy a tooth. Not a handful! Another thing that I think helped was I was drinking a large glass full of chia seeds every morning and that would help me to feel full. Of coarse drink plenty of water. But the final thing that helped me was to drink a warm cup of tea 3 times a day to help feel more ful. Get those herbal teas and use honey instead of sugar. It is a natural sweater way better for you than sugar or even sugar substitute. Good luck everyone. 👍🏻

Don't lose your time with diets, the only diet that will work for sure is one prepared by a nutrigeneticist just for you.

Hemix said:
Don't lose your time with diets, the only diet that will work for sure is one prepared by a nutrigeneticist just for you.
Well I won't be going to a nutritionist but do you have any other ideas/suggestions that will get us on the right track. I have been cutting out fast foods and it has helped. The wife and I are starting a at home work out routine.

You can try some of these little tricks

20 grams of protein in the morning with your meal will help curb hunger afterwards

More small meals than three large.

A short 10min workout like push-ups, jumping Jack's, squats or etc right before each meal. This makes your body want to use the food you consume instead of storing it.

Graph your weight, calorie counting is way too time consuming. I measure every second day first thing in the morning, empty stomach. You will see it move up and down but should expect to be losing at least 1.5lb a week, you can control your diet intake by watching the chart, if there is no change you need to adjust, find a comfortable spot that provides change but is reasonable for you.

Lots and lots of water, helps flush the bad stuff out and increase metabolism.

No food after 7pm

I'm not a nutritionist but I am an obsessed gym rat (I guess fox really🤔) and am a body sculpter. I put serious research into my exercises and nutrition. Which is why I'm bummed I got a little chub going on now🙄 but we are all going to work on that now😁

Reactions: BeTrue and Tomtomthedl
Going to the gym tonight. I'm at Planet Fitness, anyone else?

Good tips Flecko!

BeTrue said:

Good tips Flecko!
With or without a diaper? If so, how do you manage it without people noticing it?

BeTrue said:

Good tips Flecko!
Thanks 🙂

I used to go to anytime fitness but now use my little home gym. I worked out this morning, was abs and chest day, then a few hours of digging outside 😅

Reactions: BeTrue and Kittyinpink
I was ready lots of digging... a mate of mine needed some shared booze and chat.... no exercise for me! Just got drunk and upsett the locals!.... oops...

jamiejamie said:
With or without a diaper? If so, how do you manage it without people noticing it?
I did that once, I won't do it again. I don't recommend it unless you want some serious chaffing.

Reactions: Tomtomthedl
BeTrue said:
I did that once, I won't do it again. I don't recommend it unless you want some serious chaffing.
Ouch. That’s the worst.

How's it going everyone? I'm at the gym now. Want to lose 3 more before Friday!

Don't forget to report in on Friday. I want to hear how y'all are killing it!

Reactions: Tomtomthedl and fleckothefennec
I'm doing good, I was subcontracted by a resort for the last week and they have a nice gym with cardio equipment. I got in four nights of good cardio and some weights after. I'm home now, going to start my Hiit program tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, BeTrue, Kittyinpink and 1 other person
Back