Wearing Diaper Overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear 24-7 and have for the last 4-5 years. I do not change in the middle of the night unless I'm full and wet and can't sleep in it. I can usually go several times prior to changing it.

I pee my diapers at night and stay in it. I don't want to waste a diaper when it can hold more. I will also wet my diaper before going to bed because I stay up late. I only change if it leaks or real uncomfortable. But with disposables it shouldn't be much of a problem.

I try to goto bed dry but normally dosent happen but a soaked diaper is the best. But unless iam dripping I don't change! That is what they are designed for so that's what iam goin to do

I always stay in mine all the time after a middle of the night wetting. The only time I will get up and change if I had been at the pub earlier and I have more than soaked my pullup. Then I change but that is the only time.

Nessus said:
I have to get on all fours to pee.

I think everyone that's not IC has problems at the start releasing while laying down. Just give it time.

I wear nappies every night. I usually wet heavily in my sleep. My nappy is usually soaking wet when I get up in the morning. I hardly ever change during the night unless my wife wakes me and tells me I've wet the bed.

Well there are 2 answers to the Op's question that I can give. Before becoming IC last year when I wore to bed I usually would wet right after waking up just so I could get back to sleep as soon as possible because that was why I wore diapers in the first place. Simply so I can sleep better. Now I just sleep through the whole night and sometimes (not always) wake up wet and/or messy because it's obvious I don't have full control over that anymore. That being said I do have a perspective for both sides of that but only because I remember what it was like to not need diapers for medical reasons since I am relatively knew to being IC. Please note I never was into using a diaper for it's intended purpose that much because I have a physical revulsion to waste of any kind(I have been known to almost lose what I ate last at the mere sight of a sample for like a drug test or something like that). I wore diapers to bed because sometimes I really needed a good nights sleep and wanted to make sure nothing got me out of the bed short of the building I was in collapsing or some other disaster. Essentially for some reason as long as I don't see the waste I will not gag so it was alright until I had to take off the diaper in the morning. Even then I only did that on rare occasions for like the night before something really important or something like that so I could be well rested for it.

bambinod said:
I think everyone that's not IC has problems at the start releasing while laying down. Just give it time.

Certainly I think that may be the case based on what many of you are suggesting. I tried a few positions now to enable me to stay under the covers completely, and lying on my back caused a minor leak from the top of the nappy, but nothing major. I went on all fours, and it took a while, but was able to pee a bit. But as for while lying on my chest because lying on my front is a position I am comfortable in while in bed, I couldn't wet the nappy in that position. I shall keep trying over time.

As one who has always had bedwetting issues, I have worn a nappy every night for the majority of my life. I guess it is more than 20 years now that I have worn every single night. There is nothing I like more than putting a fresh clean nappy on before snuggling down under my duvet.

If I sleep through to my alarm, nine times out of ten I'll be wet. If I am dry when my alarm goes off, then I'll take my morning pee in my nappy whilst I get up the energy to get out of bed.

If I wake during the night for whatever reason, if I need to pee then I'll simply do it in my nappy and go back to sleep. I simply couldn't be bothered getting up to use the loo and/or changing it, and anyway, the nappies I use (Tena Slip Maxis or an equivalent) can usually cope with two or three bladders full.

Once I get up, I will keep the wet nappy on, using it again if necessary, until I have to shower and change.

I tend to wear overnight and pee, I don't change until the morning, however it makes it hard for me to sleep ahaha :)

I wear one every night. In the morning it was fully soaked. I don't change diapers overnight. I just use one for overnight.

BabyToddler said:
I wear one every night. In the morning it was fully soaked. I don't change diapers overnight. I just use one for overnight.

Same here I never get up in the night. If my nappy gets too full and leaks then so be it.

ST50 said:
Same here I never get up in the night. If my nappy gets too full and leaks then so be it.

I keep a large baby changing pad under me with a large thick towel under that which basically takes care of most leakage issues. However if I end up with a serious leaking problem I have a mattress protector under my flannel sheet and as of yet my mattress as never been touched. So with those things available I never change during the night

I sleep better in diapers as I can just wet and go back to sleep

I have issues where I have to get up 5 or more times a night so diapers are a better option

I usually wear (double) cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed at night. If I fall asleep with only my daytime diaper on, and I wake up soaked in the middle of the night, I will change. But most of the time my overnight diaper will contain everything till I get up in the morning. I always sleep with a waterproof changing pad under me also.

i like to sleep directly on my vinyl mattress cover i have always had a plastic fetish, but its hard to sleep unless i have a wet one on, i may have a need to change early in the morning on the lucky weekend days when i can sleep in. i don't worry about leaks, but i do take a bath towel to soak up any excess leakage.

I pee in my nappy before I go to sleep and stay in it all night, then change in the morning. It's normally a lot wetter by then!

I'm pretty untrustworthy of my diapers. I usually get up and into a position where I know they won't leak, so I'm never lying down. Normally, I don't even get up if I have to go. I have a pretty strong bladder, and I always use the bathroom before going to bed (old habit, after I wet the bed when I was 5. Even if I don't have to go, I still do, or else I can't sleep);

Nessus said:
I have to get on all fours to pee. I am paranoid about leaking and often have a very strong erection at night so if I were to pee laying on my back it would simply run out the top of the diaper. I doubt I will ever be able to pee laying on my back so for me it is just the way things are. I am used to getting up to pee anyway, so now I just turn over in my bed, grab a pad if I am concerned about leakage and let it go once I can relax enough. I do find that between paranoia about leaks and the very soft surface of my bed it is harder to pee in bed than if I get on the floor, but eventually I can relax enough.

I am still working on a proper nighttime diaper for my needs. As I said I found that bulk in the back is uncomfortable and I like to mess my diaper in the morning so I am beginning to think an ATN with a booster in front will work well for my needs. I will find out tonight as I am prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow and so plan to wear a diaper to bed tonight and be diapered all day tomorrow. At least that is the plan right now. I am hoping that liberal amounts of A&D ointment and Coconut oil will keep my skin in good condition...

I have similar issues with leak anxiety when I am in bed. The biggest factor allowing me to pee in bed while on my back or any other position is having good bedding protection. If I am on a vinyl sheet and/or laying on top of a leak catcher I have much more confidence with wetting. I have found that for nighttime wetting I have the best luck when I tuck my manhood between my testicles and toward my anus. This makes wetting on my back much more secure as the majority of the liquid is flowing to the back where there is the most padding. Even then, it still takes some convincing to get the flow started, but once I'm wet it is much easier to let go and trust the diaper.

I don't change out of a wet diaper to sleep unless it is leaking or too full to last the night. A wet diaper is much more comfortable to me, provided that it is properly secured by a onesie and/or plastic pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back