Watching Bluey is so comforting!

Bluey is such a cute show c:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but in my humble opinion, It would be nice if we saw one of the parents snap and get angry at their kids. Now, I know you're speechless and your mouth is probably hanging agape, but... I just think it would add a touch of realism? To show that parents aren't 100 percent perfect and they have their limits too? They would of course apologize to their kids afterwards.

Anyway.

Also, Socks doesn't wear a diaper! Now, I know that there are theories/reasons to this, (such as the notion that Socks was originally supposed to be a pet or something along those lines) but it still kinda bothers me.

Ive now got the theme song stuck in my head

• Haha
Reactions: ILuvDiapers
PrettyLilPrincess said:
Bluey is such a cute show c:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but in my humble opinion, It would be nice if we saw one of the parents snap and get angry at their kids. Now, I know you're speechless and your mouth is probably hanging agape, but... I just think it would add a touch of realism? To show that parents aren't 100 percent perfect and they have their limits too? They would of course apologize to their kids afterwards.

Bluey's perfect parents makes us feel like bad parents! :ROFLMAO:

I've noticed this about the show too, and have seen fans online critical of this aspect. There are some moments when the parents admit they are wrong and apologize, but nothing ever gets too messy...

I wouldn't mind seeing a little more realistic drama, but I just don't think that's what the creators are going for. For what they are trying to accomplish, I thinks it's practically perfect as is. Messing with the formula at this point might be more bad than good.

I think it's fair criticism, but the show is great regardless of how they got there.

LaLoneDigi said:
Bluey's perfect parents makes us feel like bad parents! :ROFLMAO:

I've noticed this about the show too, and have seen fans online critical of this aspect. There are some moments when the parents admit they are wrong and apologize, but nothing ever gets too messy...

I wouldn't mind seeing a little more realistic drama, but I just don't think that's what the creators are going for. For what they are trying to accomplish, I thinks it's practically perfect as is. Messing with the formula at this point might be more bad than good.

I think it's fair criticism, but the show is great regardless of how they got there.
Not seen Bluey episodes yet, although I saw a few seconds of trailer footage once.
What other shows are similar?
I'm guessing this is targeted towards young children?

Perhaps there are several possible reasons for controlling depiction of anger in these animations:
  • When young children are the audience, it is important to moderate the anger expressed, regardless of how realistic it is, as children often learn from what they observe. An openly angry character could lead to a more angry child.
  • As there are characters that represent dogs, another social cue of how to treat other animals may also become relevant, especially towards handling pets.
  • Some children have experienced abuse or bullying, even from a young age. Such depictions of anger may not be a welcome reminder.
  • I've heard that this is Australian in origin. Not from there myself, but I imagine it is probably not too dissimilar to programmes produced in England?

Bluey is awesome! They pack a lot of heart in such short episodes. I love to see what new games they come up with each time. ^^

The voices are great. The art is beautiful. The writing is clever. Even the directing is top-notch.

Reactions: KBoy and Teddy
Never seen it, but now I want too. :)

Seashore123 said:
Bluey is such an amazing show 💙 Sometimes it's a bit slow, but it's so dreamy and takes me back to being a kid :3 It's like a warm hug during tough times for me.

Do others feel the same?
I really LOVE bluey. its SOOOOO good

I’ve been loving it recently. Really fills both my needs as little and big 💙

I’ve watched plenty of blueys which yes, I find comforting, but get the impression reading the comments that it’s not the same as a bluey here in the Uk 😁

Yes.
I find BLUEY very comforting.

Bluey is female apparently.
And having watched a clip (my first) I’m not sure why this surprises me. She sounds like she could be a girl.

Last edited:
Bluey is a wholesome show.. a real unicorn these days.

Reactions: Deleted member 4836
Hey there and G'Day M8s, from Oz,,, anyways, sadly I, like so many, others, haven't watched the show [I've only seen a few tiny fragments/snipets of the show - it's funny though, from those, that I have seen, I've always wished that all of the characters were wearing nappies/diapers (as us Yanks, like to call them)(but there is some fan art, of Bluey in padding, that I have seen)]. I guess, someday, I will sit myself down and at least watch a few episodes.

I like Bluey too. It's still very enjoyable to watch as an adult and don't talk down to the audience. Almost remind of Arthur a little bit.

Bingo is a girl as well. I've often wondered why there wasn't a girl and a boy to balance things out but maybe this works better because they have more in common, both being girls.

I've been making my way through season 1 lately

LittleJames97 said:
Almost remind of Arthur a little bit.
I can see that. That was my favorite show growing up. Still watch the occasional episode for old times sake.

I think a friend of mine would have a cow with how indecisive and lenient the Dads are. But I won’t judge, it’s still a cute show.

Bandit carries the show. Be honest, you know it’s true.

But then there’s the dialect: it’ll mess with you.
“Dad Fluffied!”
He what?
Australian English is similar to convince Americans to let our guard down but different enough that I hear words that mean nothing to me.

Last edited:
Recently on a channel of the ABC TV (free to air Australian TV) they had a count down marathon of the most popular 100 Bluey shows, as voted by the viewing public.
And coming in at number one was: an episode titled "Cricket" (a type of baseball played in Australia and some other counties).
Hows that? LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: plushieboi
Back