Watching Bluey is so comforting!

foxkits said:
Foster home of imaginary friends.
Is the name 😁
Oh oops, I thought you meant one of the stars of baby looney tunes. there is a blue toon named buster

Last edited:
That's fine😁

Try not to cry. Level: impossible
Episode: Sleepytime.

• Love
Reactions: sparkledog, Winnie, Labrador and 2 others
Ok…I am irreversibly hooked on this show. It’s really clever, good worldbuilding, lovable characters, and as I’ve said before, the adults are really fleshed out.
They have backstories hinted at and are going about their lives in the background while the kids play. That adds depth and realism that is very rare in kids shows. I don’t even think Arthur does this. So yeah, I’m a fan.
I’m not convinced this show is meant for preschoolers. I wish they made adult cartoons with this sort of depth and tenderness. Though most adults might get bored by that.
It’s cute. That’s the best word for it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mistykitty, sissybabybecky and Happy2BeInNappies2
I absolutely love Bluey - the show - not so much Bluey herself. My favourite of the lot is Muffin. She's show real character growth in the show. From a brat to someone with humour and shows, at times, tenderness as well. Pizza Girls is fantastic. The way Muffin drives should put her in top percentile of rally drivers. Plus the line 'is my car scwatched' is so funny. I'm pretty sure the split as to who watches the show pre-schoolers and adults. After all more adults watched Sponge Bob.

Reactions: Winnie
Seashore123 said:
Bluey is such an amazing show 💙 Sometimes it's a bit slow, but it's so dreamy and takes me back to being a kid :3 It's like a warm hug during tough times for me.

Do others feel the same?
I know exa how you feel. Although my childhood was not very good so it is hard to say

Seashore123 said:
Bluey is such an amazing show 💙 Sometimes it's a bit slow, but it's so dreamy and takes me back to being a kid :3 It's like a warm hug during tough times for me.

Do others feel the same?
I love the show!! ❤️ I recently started to watch it and its so cute and relaxing. I love the characters.

Last edited:
I have only heard wonderful things about Bluey and many of my friends love it themselves. I alway consider sitting down and giving it a watch but life is often in the way and time escapes me.

Reactions: Winnie and LilSkye
Seashore123 said:

Do others feel the same?
OMG, yes! I lost my partner last year and TV can be difficult to watch, both because of the intricacies of plots that I’m too tired to follow and the drama of shows. Bluey is like a sweet kiss goodnight. It’s always gentle and positive, with amazing parenting. No huge surprise, I imagine, but I grew up in a home with a lot of family drama. Seeing loving parents is just reassuring.

Bluey is therapy delivered in 7 minute sessions.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and dogboy
Deleted member 76595 said:
I agree!! I was just watching it earlier lol even Daddy likes it!!
It’s hugely popular with adults in Australia.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and CutestPaddedFemboy
I just watched "The Sign". I must admit it had me in tears. It's such a deep episode on so many levels!

Reactions: Winnie
Bluey feels like reliving my favorite childhood memories! I watch it whenever I can ^^

I never took the time to watch Bluey, this thread makes me want to discover it. I guess I'll have to subscribed to Disney+.

Season 2 of Bluey might be the best season of any animated show I've ever seen. Almost every episode is outstanding.

• Wow
Reactions: PrincessOphelie
LaLoneDigi said:
Season 2 of Bluey might be the best season of any animated show I've ever seen. Almost every episode is outstanding.
This certainly pikes my curiosity. I am usually more into MLP, True or Strawberry Shortcake but will try Bluey.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi
PrincessOphelie said:
I am usually more into MLP, True or Strawberry Shortcake but will try Bluey.
I only saw Strawberry Shortcake (the 80s version) in daycare once and MLP in internet reviews. However from what I’ve seen, Bluey is totally different, in a good way! Not against either of those shows. Bluey is a bit more relaxed than either of those I would say, and (while it might be odd to say for a show about anthropology dogs) realistic. Deapite the dogs, it really is not fantasy at all. Anyone care to agree/disagree with me there?
I’d be curious what you think of it; if you ever watch it do let us know!
Winnie said:
Bluey is therapy delivered in 7 minute sessions.
funnily enough, I have a friend who works as a therapist and he seemed to object to Bluey since it’s a largely humanistic show. 🤔
I mean it’s not blatantly Christian, but it does seem to be pretty morally solid imho. But his kids don’t watch TV at all.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Winnie and PrincessOphelie
I will you too 😊

sissybabybecky said:
I absolutely love Bluey - the show - not so much Bluey herself. My favourite of the lot is Muffin. She's show real character growth in the show. From a brat to someone with humour and shows, at times, tenderness as well. Pizza Girls is fantastic. The way Muffin drives should put her in top percentile of rally drivers. Plus the line 'is my car scwatched' is so funny. I'm pretty sure the split as to who watches the show pre-schoolers and adults. After all more adults watched Sponge Bob.
I love Muffin. She's inspired me to change my r's to w's in little talk. :)

LaLoneDigi said:
I love all the seasons. 3 is a great 50? episodes.

MeDisneyBaby said:
I just watched "The Sign". I must admit it had me in tears. It's such a deep episode on so many levels!
I finished that yesterday too! I loved that the adults could not only acknowledge mistakes, but share them. Togetherness is always the mark of the Heeler household.

Reactions: MeDisneyBaby
Back