Tube effect absorption that baby diapers use, anyone know of any adult nappy that uses the same sap that make this effect?

Littlerhinoabdl

Don't worry be happy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I've noticed baby diapers when used expand and have a 3 tube expansion effect going from front to back.
This has intrigued me and I was wondering if anyones come across a adult nappy/diaper that does this too?

Reactions: Edgewater
Littlerhinoabdl said:
I've noticed baby diapers when used expand and have a 3 tube expansion effect going from front to back.
This has intrigued me and I was wondering if anyones come across a adult nappy/diaper that does this too?
Tena Silhoutte's have them I beleive, but the padding doesnt go all the way like baby diapers/goodnites :(

Reactions: Littlerhinoabdl and Edgewater
Littlerhinoabdl said:
I think they have a copyright or other type protection on that system
would love if my diapers had that

Reactions: TigerDL, Prillprillprill, Littlerhinoabdl and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
I think they have a copyright or other type protection on that system
would love if my diapers had that
Patent. That would be a patent.

And I imagine there would be a workaround, but it would require more changes to existing production lines to implement than the current patented solution.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, AshtonFreecss and SparkyDog
blaincorrous said:
Patent. That would be a patent.

And I imagine there would be a workaround, but it would require more changes to existing production lines to implement than the current patented solution.
Yes thank you that's what I was trying to think of haha

Reactions: AshtonFreecss and Edgewater
Here’s a filing. It really just means the SAP doesn’t exist in the “valleys”, leaving mostly wicking material free of chemical absorbents.

To me, this is a pretty paper thin patent, to describe the strategic lack of absorbent material. I wonder if simply changing the pattern would be enough to defeat a claim.

• Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL and Edgewater
One of the serious issues between adults and babies is flow rate. Males add even more complexity as that flow rate can occur in any direction. Yes, there are patents for the new technology baby diapers, but also the specialized machinery need to create them at very high-speed. But the real problem is flow rate, add volume and the structure has to be in place to move that quickly to avoid flowing over the barriers.

The sagging diaper is disliked by near all, but happens to be one of the best tools to limit leaks as the large 'U' shaped in the area that is sagging increases the ability of the diaper to quickly move flow and volume away from the source. The unique quality of cloth diapers are their abilities to move liquid throughout the diapers area, with time. Disposables tend to limit movement toward either forward or backwards and are fighting to keep-up with flow rate and volume. From the diaper engineers' view point, it would be best if diapers where used only when standing, leaning forward at about 80 degrees at the hips, or laying on their back with their knees high in the sky. Thus maximizing the flow in channel.

With all the above in place, the use of the new tube design will limit flow rate as the liquid has to over flow one tube to begin loading the next.

Reactions: TigerDL, Canadianfalls, Littlerhinoabdl and 1 other person
It shouldn’t be that difficult to create a “diaper supercharger” booster. It would be a booster that distributes fluid to the back of the diaper.

For males, it would have a few forward vents to distribute some of the moisture to the front, but the majority of the moisture should wick down. If you’re lying on your back, it will go to the back. And maybe have an Abri-man style pocket to keep your junk contained and not spraying out the side.

Perhaps this can be a reusable product, too. When changing, press the fluid out of the supercharger before throwing it in the wash.

I think I’ll experiment with a perforated Abri-man guard in my next diaper.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater
@blaincorrous better wicking would be great. Half my diaper goes in the trash unused because the back half is basically dry while the front is wet. The tubes also hopefully help keep the diaper shape together longer without breaking down & falling apart

• Sad
Reactions: mtl1107, Edgewater and Littlerhinoabdl
blaincorrous said:
It shouldn’t be that difficult to create a “diaper supercharger” booster. It would be a booster that distributes fluid to the back of the diaper.

For males, it would have a few forward vents to distribute some of the moisture to the front, but the majority of the moisture should wick down. If you’re lying on your back, it will go to the back. And maybe have an Abri-man style pocket to keep your junk contained and not spraying out the side.

Perhaps this can be a reusable product, too. When changing, press the fluid out of the supercharger before throwing it in the wash.

I think I’ll experiment with a perforated Abri-man guard in my next diaper.
If you become a millionaire don't forget it was this post that helped inspire ✨🙌

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, AshtonFreecss and Edgewater
SparkyDog said:
@blaincorrous better wicking would be great. Half my diaper goes in the trash unused because the back half is basically dry while the front is wet. The tubes also hopefully help keep the diaper shape together longer without breaking down & falling apart
Really sorry that you are experiencing the breaking down and falling apart of your diaper. I am really a restless, roller and I really make it hard on a disposable diaper.

Edgewater said:
Really sorry that you are experiencing the breaking down and falling apart of your diaper. I am really a restless, roller and I really make it hard on a disposable diaper.
change often enough and this doesn't happen much thankfully

• Love
Reactions: CptKirk and Edgewater
I wish the Molicare Maxi (old Super Plus) were still competitive as NOTHING wicks as well as they do, diaper wise. I still have some Molicare MAXI (and a full pack of Super Plus L that I can't make myself open for some reason) and when going out for 3-5 hours, that's my diaper of choice as they really do wick, even if you never once lie down! These other diapers OBSESSED with being able to absorb 3 gallon (so they claim, never happen in reality) rely on loads of SAP and I've never experienced any hyper absorbent diaper that wicks worth a damn.

The closest thing I can think of that has the "tubes" would probably be the Always Discreet Boutique line of women's pull-ups, but it doesn't quite go all the way front-to-back since they still do the whole granny-panty elastic thing.

It’s been more years than I realize probably but bambino and a few other diaper manufacturers used a channel pattern. I believe it’s around the time fabine originally came out. They also used to perforated top sheet. I think a few still do this. Anyhow, they had more sap down the center then on each side. This was centered in the crotch area, where most of the sap is now. It allowed to an extent, for the swelling to be a little more effective and comfortable between your legs. They did this for a while, then just stopped. Of course I’m not even sure fabine is in business any longer. If I recall, crinkles original design was similar to this, definitely different than what it is now. I personally think that rearz, abu, and a few other companies several years ago absorbed much better, then switched to more sap and functionality went down, and now going back up again with various “mega” diapers. I did think just the other day how well pampers and ninjamas absorb, for what they’re designed to, and how it would be interesting to see this specific function in adult diapers. Then I see this post. Funny stuff!

Blue2006 said:
It’s been more years than I realize probably but bambino and a few other diaper manufacturers used a channel pattern. I believe it’s around the time fabine originally came out. They also used to perforated top sheet. I think a few still do this. Anyhow, they had more sap down the center then on each side. This was centered in the crotch area, where most of the sap is now. It allowed to an extent, for the swelling to be a little more effective and comfortable between your legs. They did this for a while, then just stopped. Of course I’m not even sure fabine is in business any longer. If I recall, crinkles original design was similar to this, definitely different than what it is now. I personally think that rearz, abu, and a few other companies several years ago absorbed much better, then switched to more sap and functionality went down, and now going back up again with various “mega” diapers. I did think just the other day how well pampers and ninjamas absorb, for what they’re designed to, and how it would be interesting to see this specific function in adult diapers. Then I see this post. Funny stuff!
I agree.. I remember putting on a fabine or a bambino and not worrying about how wet I'd get. Then suddenly nappies can hold 6000, 7000, 8000 ml and they leak.

Back