Top or bottom tapes first?

Top or Bottom Tapes First?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I was surprised to find that nearly a third taped the top first! I personally tape bottom first and so does my gf. I wouldn't care if she put it on me backwards and upside down though.

I always do bottom first. Maybe it's because of the instructions I've seen from diaper companies?
I do think that the bottom tapes are far more Important for a good leak-less fit. Maybe I do bottom because that would be taping the most important tapes first?
I either stand against a wall or lie in bed. Defiantly get a better fit when standing.

I have always done the bottom tapes first, I did the top ones by mistake once and found my nappy didn't feel right at all. So bottom tapes first always. Actually I can't believe we are having this discussion for something that seems so logical.

I wear training underpants and plastic pants but when I have used disposables I lay down on it and tape bottom ones first and then it holds on to me and I can stand to finish the top tapes.

Man, I'm pretty surprised at the overwhelmingly high votes for bottom tapes first. At the time of this post about 78% of responses were bottom! Clearly, I've been taping up wrong for years :laugh:

Actually whatever works for you is obviously the best for you. I haven't gotten to wear again since making this post, but when I do, I will for sure go bottom tapes first and see the difference!

It depends (ha ha) on how I'm changing... If I'm laying down I do the top first. If standing I'll do the bottom first so I can sprinkle powder into the diaper

dlwearer said:
Man, I'm pretty surprised at the overwhelmingly high votes for bottom tapes first. At the time of this post about 78% of responses were bottom!

I found that surprising as well. I've always seen top-first as the logical choice, when putting on your diaper while standing anyway. The top tapes hold the diaper up and free up both of your hands, to get a good (snug but comfortable) fit set on the lower tapes.

I used to do bottom tapes first, but I had to readjust the tapes every time. I find top tapes first gets most of the work done and that the bottom tapes are to provide the finishing touches.

I do bottom first because most of the posts here recommed it.

Gotta say this thread has made me a convert. I used to do bottom tapes religiously based on what other threads said. I've tried top tapes first over the past few days and get tighter fits around the top and more comfortable fits around the bottom.

I do mine in a unique way. I place the diaper on a mat completely open... Then I proceed to set my rear in the best position to the back of the diaper. Then I lay back spread my legs at a 45° angle. The bottom tape should be should be almost at the halfway point of the front wings and the top tapes at the very top. I have found this method to be snug, firm and doesn't cause pinching around the genital area. If anyone has a better idea for me then please PM me

Top tapes first. You can't get the fit any tighter if you tape the bottom first.

I start with the bottom tapes first.

Always started with the bottom first. I might try doing the top ones first sometime and see how that works out.

When I got my very first pack of adult diapers I was quite surprised it had 4 tapes instead of 2.. So I followed instructions on a package to find out how to put it on.
Since then I always do the bottom ones first Xb

Bottom first. Right, then left. Then top in same manner.

perlFerret said:
Bottom first. Right, then left. Then top in same manner.

...I've never paid attention to if I do a certain side (right or left) first...I bet I do.

Mattew said:
...I've never paid attention to if I do a certain side (right or left) first...I bet I do.

I have started paying attention and it's almost always left first. It is also my left first when changing someone else. I can do it the other way but it just feels a bit awkward for no good reason.

I like the bottom tapes first as well.
For me it feels more secure.

Tho I say experiment and see what works for you.
What works better for one may not for another.

I put on diaper standing up, for me it's bottoms first.
I've also got into the habit of adding a third tape (via clear duct tape) to the very bottom of the wing. (Primarily wear bambino bellissimo ) as the bottom tape is quite high on the wing, tapping the bottom does wonders for leak prevention. The bottom tape gets pulled up and over the original bottom tape, so that all tape are basically pointing to the same spot (x type pattern)

Works well for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back