The washing line snatch

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Those of a certain vintage will remember the days of wandering around the streets looking for cloth nappies and plastic pants drying in the wind on clothes lines.
As a youngster in the early 70s it was one of my favourite things to do, actually spotting a line with a row of shimmering plastic pants in the sun gave me a feeling of success and once spotted. I would spend hours just looking at them from afar.

I always considered stealing a pair of plastic pants and maybe a nappy from someone’s line but never got the nerve to do so.

Does anyone remember doing the same, back in the day?
Did you ever actually take something something?
If so, did you use them?
Were you ever caught and what was your punishment?

• Haha
Reactions: Zeke, Davvyboy, Brumas94 and 7 others
Forced said:
Those of a certain vintage will remember the days of wandering around the streets looking for cloth nappies and plastic pants drying in the wind on clothes lines.
As a youngster in the early 70s it was one of my favourite things to do, actually spotting a line with a row of shimmering plastic pants in the sun gave me a feeling of success and once spotted. I would spend hours just looking at them from afar.

I always considered stealing a pair of plastic pants and maybe a nappy from someone’s line but never got the nerve to do so.

If so, did you use them?
Back when I was growing up there was no hiding where the bedwetters lived. Nappies and sheets etc on the line.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 63979, Zeke, Davvyboy and 4 others
Forced said:

If so, did you use them?
I noticed a few other peoples a few times -
But I was the one that had a few snatched a couple of times! ☹️
Ar you SURE that was NOT you swiping MY stuff!? 😡
:LOL:🍼🧷

• Haha
Reactions: warmfeeling, Zeke, Davvyboy and 5 others
Forced said:
Yep 😁
To be honest, much of the memories have faded away, but I remember swiping our nextdoor neighbour's kids' nappy of the line.
She used to leave them out in all weathers, anyway (many a moment of questioning her level sanity whilst looking at the frozen, dirtied or sodden clothes on her washing line).
Anyway, I wasn't impressed with them as their absorbancy was.....piss-poor. I decided to stick to towels.

Down the road, where a lot us used to hang about, two brothers who were younger than most of us lot, hung about with us, lived, with their backyard backing onto our mostly played area.
Nappies and plastic pants were on their line, daily. The older one would quietly go, "shhh" if you mentioned it.
The pants were what got me, though: they were Mothercare quality brand, with fabric leg elastics; I'd never seen any that posh before and it took a bit of hunting to find out that they were Mothercare.
I so longed for them.
I never got any, though, as I wasn't going to rob a mate and by the time I was ready to try buying them, they were being phased out in light of the dispy revolution, with only the smaller sizes left in stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeke, Brumas94 and Angelapinks
Wetshisbed said:
Back when I was growing up there was no hiding where the bedwetters lived. Nappies and sheets etc on the line.
Same when I was growing up in the 1960s in a working class town where a lot of people still didn't have modern laundry equipment.

Reactions: Zeke, Davvyboy, chamberpot and 1 other person
Like so many of us, my adolescent DL-ness took hold at a time when I had no reasonable way to get diapers of my own, and so I had to steal them--or, in the very early days, borrow them from my little sister. Several friends of mine had younger siblings who were in cloth diapers, but line-drying just wasn't a thing at that time and place (Seattle area, early 1980's). I nonetheless managed to steal a few diapers when visiting them, or when family friends with babies visited us (the embarrassment of getting caught doing that would have been...incredibly awful!), but mostly I just wore the old cloth diapers that my sister and I had worn as babies, which were kept around long after we were both potty-trained. With no way to do laundry on my own, I seldom used them for their intended purpose, but just having a padded butt was wonderful.

Reactions: Zeke, Davvyboy and tam1623
I never really saw diapers or plastic pants hanging on washlines..Ive seen many other things like sheets, shirts, big old man tight whities and lots of panties . Its funny too because back in the day a lot of my neighbors had wash lines. Although when growing up at the time most parents were using disposables. So that could be why there were few lines with diapers hanging on them. I wouldve been to nervous to take a diaper off the lines in someones yard.

Being a child of the 50s-60s and a well into teens bedwetter there was often a washing line of nappies and rubber or later plastic pants that belonged to me. I was not alone, from my bedroom window I could see into lots of nearby gardens with nappies and plastic pants, some of which were certainly not for small babies but for older children. The rows of gleaming white terry towel nappies are a fond memory of those days.

Reactions: chamberpot, Napincolove, TigerDL and 2 others
Forced said:

If so, did you use them?
It was also one of my favourite things to do but there were not many in our area that used nappies and plastic pants so when I spotted them I would often hang about to get better views. I never took anything off a clothes line but did find lots of plastic pants in the Lost & Found box in the local Laundramat where I folded my morning newspapers before heading out at 6 AM and I did take some home that were larger sizes. I wore them under my tights on cold mornings doing my paper route. I developed a Fetish for the soft slick feeling and eventually got to buying my own in the largest sizes.

Reactions: vp39, Davvyboy, Napincolove and 6 others
I had a million cousins who lived two houses over so I constantly saw diapers and plastic pants hanging on the line as no one had an electric dryer. And yes, I desperately wanted to take some but I never did because I was afraid I'd get caught and I didn't want to have to explain why I took them.

Reactions: tam1623 and Angelapinks
My mom always hung my diapers and plastic pants in the basement to avoid embarrassment. I’m also a 90s baby & form the US, so my life is a bit different from yours!

Reactions: Davvyboy and Angelapinks
Forced said:

If so, did you use them?

For as long as I can remember I was always awkward and shy when around nappies and nappy talk by Mothers.

I'm pretty sure my Mum knew that I had some odd attraction and I soon learned to try to hide it even when young.

When I was about 11 I had a dream involving nappies and woke up sexually aroused.

Even though I knew it was wrong I took a pair of plastic pants from a local washing line as the urge was too strong.

I wore them on their own at first and later took a nappy and wore them together.

I did use them

Later on my Mum found a nappy under my mattress and asked me what it was doing there I was mortified and couldn't really reply
There was no punishment it was all hush hush.

Reactions: Davvyboy, wowser81, Angelapinks and 3 others
Shades of Pink Floyd's Arnold Layne, a child of the 60s I never noticed diapers on the line but did midnight grab a few pantys for my collection back in my youth.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Davvyboy
Count me in, I loved seeing diapers and baby pants and sleepers out on clotheslines once all this started. I wanted so much to know what it felt like to wear them. It was so embarrassing but so alluring to imagine that I was that baby, doing what babies do, all warm and wet. The innocence, the babyish smell, the little leaks in my bed and clothes…

I never took any, I was much too scared and shy and generally well behaved. I got scared half out of my wits once just lingering at an open gate for a minute looking at a clothesline and having someone come out and ask me what the heck I was doing there. I would’ve been knocked over in disbelief to know how many other kids were having the same thoughts and cravings.

(I’ve posted elsewhere about a game I used to play sometimes on a long city bus ride home from school. One part of it was I had to wet my pants a little, like a baby, when I saw diapers on a line.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks, Davvyboy, WillFord384 and 2 others
I was a teenager in the early 70s and being a bed wetter till 10 loved plastic baby panties and terry nappies, I would often go to London on a Saturday by myself looking out the window at all the washing lines with white nappies and plastic pants on. I never took any from washing lines but remember the first time about that age going into a chemist shop and asking for baby pants and telling the woman assistant they were for my handicap brother so needed the largest size. I remember having trouble talking king with fear and the burning red face then leaving very quick, I think she new and never used the same shop twice! Now the Internet makes it far easier.

Reactions: Davvyboy, Angelapinks, sambus and 1 other person
I wore diapers and rubber pants to bed for my bedwetting until I was 17. This was in the 50's and early 60's and my mom used our clothes line outside to dry our diapers and rubber pants, as did most everyone else at that time. I knew that I was a little old to still be wearing diapers and wetting my bed when I was in my teens, and none of my friends still wet their beds or had to wear diapers, at least to my knowledge. But my sister who was 3 years younger than me still wet her bed and wore diapers like me so I thought some others kids did as well, but just kept it secret. So when I was around 13 to 15 or so I used to wander around the neighborhood sometimes just looking for diapers hanging out on clothes lines and just to see if there were other older boys and girls who still wore diapers. I never tried to steal diapers from others since we had so many at home and we all wore our diapers and rubber pants openly around each other in the evening before we went to bed.

Reactions: Davvyboy, Angelapinks and Forced
Where I grew up I rarely ever saw any diapers or plastic pants on clotheslines. It was more due to the fact by the 70s all the babies and kids (and myself) were in Pampers. My mom never hung out my plastic pants or even much other clothes either. She put them on a rack in the basement or clothes went in the dryer. Most had basement dryers by then. So not much clothes were out on the lines. I wouldve loved to see a whole line full of shiny plastic pants on them! I recall seeing (very rarely) a clothesline full of panties sometimes.

Reactions: Angelapinks
After being potty trained I developed a fascination with women's panties, wearing and wetting them. I had a beautiful neighbor who didn't hang diapers on the clothes line but put her panties out to dry. Everytime I passed by and saw them on the line I got the terrible urge to steal a pair. One day I just couldn't resist so I snuck into her yard and stole all her panties and even a bra. I felt really guilty and even eventually left cash in a envelope on her front porch to try to pay her back. In the envelope I put a note apologizing but also thanking her for the beautiful panties that ment so much to me. I always felt bad about stealing from her, I liked her very much. Guilt aside I got so much pleasure from them, just hope she was able to forgive me.

Reactions: Davvyboy and Angelapinks
The paper route that I had was my reconnaissance mission every weekday. I would be on the lookout for clotheslines with diapers and plastic pants. At that time my interest was only in the plastic pants but cloth diapers were a good sign that plastic pants would be there as well. After dark I would sneak back to swipe (one of my grandfather’s terms that never sounded as bad as STEAL!) them off the line. Gerber Toddler size were the ones that I desired the most as those and size extra large I could get on since I wasn’t into wearing diapers at that time. I never came across any of the larger sized pants used by bed wetters. I did get caught one time, in a trailer court, by an older lady who was babysitting at a place that I had “hit” a few times before. She was laying in wait and came out of the rear door of the trailer just as I was snatching several pair off of the clothesline. She didn’t live that far from our house and I spent several days in great fear that she would inform my folks about my actions, but she never did. This larcenous method of plastic pants procurement lasted until I was finally brave enough to buy them from the store although I used to “swipe” them there quite often as well. Especially the Gerber plastic pants that used to hang in box packaging in the baby food section or Kmart and Walmart’s baby clothes sections.

• Love
Reactions: littlemoosey, Davvyboy, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Forced said:

If so, did you use them?
I got the nerve a few times. I never hit the same place twice. I stopped when some bloke got caught swinging on a clothes line while playing with some womens knickers. The bloke had suffered a severe head injury in a car accident sometime before. He was institutionalised over that. It scared me sensless though and I woke up to what I was doing. The really dumb thing was I had siblings much younger than me still in nappies or night ones. I did not have to steal them I think it was the thrill.

Reactions: Zeke and Angelapinks
Back