The Adult Sized Sippy -UPDATE-

Cottontail said:
Heh, well... Did ABU and Tykables steal printed adult diapers from Bambino? I dunno. I figure the name of the game is making adult-sized versions of baby/toddler stuff, so from that point of view, all of our favorite ABDL brands stole from the baby brands. Let's be happy. :)
Fair enough, good reasoning @Cottontail

PrincessEmi5518 said:
Will these be available to buy eventually? I didn’t find out about this till after the kickstarter
proooobably I am trying to make that happen soon but this is my first time doing a crowdfund. But when I do sell some separately I'll be sure to let the masses know

Reactions: Dragon64 and Cottontail
Bigbabybret said:
Haven't seen any posts of backers getting the products, but was supposed to happen in march, so must be running behind or hopefully not worse.

I'd assume that they will have some extras shot as based on the qty's backed some colors seem very small for a batch of color to be mixed processed and shot, Takes time and there is quite a bit of waste getting the injection machines up and running without jetting and consistant color
I think I goofily put March in my VERY FIRST draft of this crowdfund (like before I researched anything about production and manufacturing) and literally just forgot to change the actual production date to May (half of the reward tiers say March/April and half say May) but if you're someone who backed (paid for) a cup on the Kickstarter I did explain all of that in the update page there lol

Atm I am aiming for a ship out date of June but it could be later. Mostly because I ended up switching manufacturers. As I get updates about anything (that I think in meaningful enough to post) I will be posting about them on the kickstarter page! Anything else silly and small or about my personal life goes on my twitter but yeah I am really behind on updating my socials in general :/ I got kicked out from where I was living and just recently found somewhere else to live.

Reactions: Bigbabybret, Cottontail and Sealander
munkey said:
you should keep an eye on Rearz… I can see that company stealing this idea
weeeeell it is just a big plastic cup (which is why I was so confused nobody else did this already?? lol) so you can't really "steal" this idea. I really think a bigger company with more funds could potentially have an easier time doing it than me! I think a few big ABDL companies are kicking themselves right now for not doing it lmao. I am just trying to get to that point though being a "bigger" company so I can make some of my more original ideas (big baby furniture, toddler style clothes, cuter diapers ect.)

Reactions: pdiapered, itsmebabypat, Cottontail and 1 other person
pawshine said:
I think I goofily put March in my VERY FIRST draft of this crowdfund (like before I researched anything about production and manufacturing) and literally just forgot to change the actual production date to May (half of the reward tiers say March/April and half say May) but if you're someone who backed (paid for) a cup on the Kickstarter I did explain all of that in the update page there lol

Atm I am aiming for a ship out date of June but it could be later. Mostly because I ended up switching manufacturers. As I get updates about anything (that I think in meaningful enough to post) I will be posting about them on the kickstarter page! Anything else silly and small or about my personal life goes on my twitter but yeah I am really behind on updating my socials in general :/ I got kicked out from where I was living and just recently found somewhere else to live.
Yes, for sure.

Like i said, i know a bit about shooting plastic, and it's quite a process to get it right, and seems to be 1/2 an artform.

I dont claim to know how to shoot or design the tooling, but i have friend that design and mfg the tooling for injection moulding for medical industry, and i have in the past been involved with some contracts i did with mfg that were into plastc injection quit a lot, i was not on the plastic side, but did some on the computer side of the products.

That said, it only takes a simple issue to cause a timline to slip by months or even worse.

I myself wish you all the bes in doing this as its not a simple process your doing, and no matter who goes into the process there will be delays.

My biggest piece of advice to you is that once you get everything running right, seriously look at running as much plastic as you can afford to run and stock, as starting up a line is costly in time and money and shooting extra qty of items is in the grand scheme of things rather cheap.
So, even if you need/want to open up some more preorders or alike or even take in investment IMHO it would be worth doing. Your kickstarter is funded and you are close togetting everything done to do the run, adding in some more qty of items is an easy to do thing as the line is up and running, costly to start it up and run it again.

So, i know there is intrest in the product, and there is people that did not get into the original kickstarter. So there is people that may/are willing to prebuy some product and if you can capture that extra bit and funnel it into more qty of items built on the inital run it should be profitable.

If it were me, I'd post the exact status and alike (if you have link it), and open up presales, somewhere in price between the final price and the kickstarter would be fair for all i'd say.

I think you could also slow down or even stop any other mfg's from making a run on this if you can fill the majority of the customers that want the product in a very short time, as it's not a disposable product and is more a durable thing.

So, if you have most people already satisified with product there is not really a market big enoug for another to come in right away.

But, that of course it up to you totally.

But also i think you should look at getting an e-comm sight up running with the product, prices, and if you want to open it up for preorders. Just a simple godaddy/squarespace/etc place is fine for this withou too much work. I also know there is plenty of people in this community that are web people and could help if you ever need, prob pay them with free product :)

Just my thoughts for you,
All the best.
And yes i missed the kickstarter, but i'd buy one more for the sake of supporting a small business than anything else, as i usually use my munchkin sippy, but never know i might like one like this better?

Reactions: pawshine
Back