Tena slip super (UK version)

Cherrypie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’m trying out the Tena Proskin versions for the summer and I’ve just got a pack of the super to try. I’m curious as to why the super absorbency (in the UK) is pretty much a completely different product compared to the maxi and ultima versions of the Tena Slip. The whole shape of the nappy is different, from the padding, to the long and narrow wings. The leak guards are a lot taller too - the tallest ones I’ve ever come across to be honest! They are described as having a fast absorbing “DuoLock” core to rapidly lock in urine, which the maxi and ultima do no feature. And because it’s a different product, I’m guessing this is why you cannot get the super absorbency in the active fit range.

I’m undecided about them. I’m going to wear one to work today and see how it goes.

That’s images from Tena’s website to show the difference in shape between the super and maxi.

64CB7D82-DE60-467E-B527-9E1E762FB76C.jpeg1181FFCD-B9DC-41C7-A7E1-4489C049E06A.jpeg

Reactions: Neroforte, Tenawearer and Deleted member 39193
I'm not sure why there's a difference, as I'm not all the familiar with the Tena range, but I'd be interested to hear how you find the Proskin versions, as I could do with a nappy that is a bit more practical during the warm summer months. Let me know how you find them! :)

abrich said:
I'm not sure why there's a difference, as I'm not all the familiar with the Tena range, but I'd be interested to hear how you find the Proskin versions, as I could do with a nappy that is a bit more practical during the warm summer months. Let me know how you find them! :)
I’ve so far tried the Ultima Proskin. I feel they are a lot thicker than the plastic backed versions and they do swell up quite considerably. If you’re active like me, that can become rather uncomfortable after a while. I don’t have that problem with the active fit versions, they are just not ideal when it’s too hot.

Reactions: abrich
Cherrypie said:
I’ve so far tried the Ultima Proskin. I feel they are a lot thicker than the plastic backed versions and they do swell up quite considerably. If you’re active like me, that can become rather uncomfortable after a while. I don’t have that problem with the active fit versions, they are just not ideal when it’s too hot.
Thanks @Cherrypie! I'll have to have a look into the details of the Tena range, as it sounds like they have lots of options!

Reactions: Cherrypie
For me any cloth like shell leads to chaffing between the legs if I’m walking any extended distances. “Breathable” just transfers the pain elsewhere. Plastic backed for this DL.

Reactions: soggybottoms8882 and abrich
I shall be interested to see what you think. I don’t like wearing nappies much when the weather gets warmer, and in the last few previous summers I have only worn very occasionally for an hour or two on cooler summer days with often weeks of time between wearing.

Over the last six or seven months I have become a much more frequent wearer and would like to continue to have a few days in nappies from time-to-time over the next few months, so these could potentially solve the problem maybe?

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime and abrich
Subtlerustle said:
For me any cloth like shell leads to chaffing between the legs if I’m walking any extended distances. “Breathable” just transfers the pain elsewhere. Plastic backed for this DL.
I prefer plastic-backed where possible too, but I could do with something a bit cooler for the summer. :)

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
DLmikey said:
I shall be interested to see what you think. I don’t like wearing nappies much when the weather gets warmer, and in the last few previous summers I have only worn very occasionally for an hour or two on cooler summer days with often weeks of time between wearing.

Over the last six or seven months I have become a much more frequent wearer and would like to continue to have a few days in nappies from time-to-time over the next few months, so these could potentially solve the problem maybe?
I find the same problem… In the heat, I just don't find it as comfortable to put a nappy on, which means I go too long without wearing, and feel stressed and unhappy. Something mores suitable for warmer weather would be ideal.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193 and Subtlerustle
abrich said:
I prefer plastic-backed where possible too, but I could do with something a bit cooler for the summer. :)
I’ve worn cloth-backed Abena M4s and really wasn’t very keen on them, and I love the plastic-backed Tena Maxis and Ultimas. So, if Tena Slip Super can offer the attributes of their plastic-backed diapers but be a bit cooler to wear in the Summer months I would probably give them a go. 👍

Reactions: abrich
I've not tried the latest duo lock variety but I really like the proskin supers with the square cut and really sturdy side fabric.
I was disappointed after doing a bulk purchase of proskin that they are basically the older confioair slip, so the padding is more hourglass shaped rather than just a long rectangle as on the proskin slip plus and super.
Perhaps those changes will come to the highest absorbency products later?
Don't get me wrong, the proskin Ultimas are absolutely brilliant nappies but if I could get Ultima thickness and absorbency with the fit of a super that would be amazing.

I'm also confused about why there's no active fit super, I think the active fit plus might be more aimed at bowel incontinence, while maxi and ultima are for severe urinary or double incontinence.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
Now I would have thought the top Nappy was in fact a "flex" model that is generally available as opposed to a "slip" which is the full on tabbed Nappy ?
The "flex" are good Nappies but I always leak out of the sides whereas the second Nappy is my understanding of a tabbed Nappy and theses are the only ones that work for me.

Cherrypie said:
I’m trying out the Tena Proskin versions for the summer and I’ve just got a pack of the super to try. I’m curious as to why the super absorbency (in the UK) is pretty much a completely different product compared to the maxi and ultima versions of the Tena Slip. The whole shape of the nappy is different, from the padding, to the long and narrow wings. The leak guards are a lot taller too - the tallest ones I’ve ever come across to be honest! They are described as having a fast absorbing “DuoLock” core to rapidly lock in urine, which the maxi and ultima do no feature. And because it’s a different product, I’m guessing this is why you cannot get the super absorbency in the active fit range.

I’m undecided about them. I’m going to wear one to work today and see how it goes.

That’s images from Tena’s website to show the difference in shape between the super and maxi.

View attachment 108863View attachment 108864
Hey, can I ask where you brought these to get the latest design? The supers I have are the same padding and wing design as the ultima’s.

I want to try the new square padding style but don’t want to end up getting a pack of the old style as I guess it’s a recent update

Bby said:
Hey, can I ask where you brought these to get the latest design? The supers I have are the same padding and wing design as the ultima’s.

I want to try the new square padding style but don’t want to end up getting a pack of the old style as I guess it’s a recent update
The plus and super changed cut several years ago with the launch of proskin, the supers I had where date coded from early 2020 and where the square cut.

I have tried the flex and they are cooler while working, exercising etc. Wouldn't wear in bed though.

HappyNappin said:
The plus and super changed cut several years ago with the launch of proskin, the supers I had where date coded from early 2020 and where the square cut.
I’m not entirely sure which code is the date code. The pack says
Lot 2130010319 art710630 220723 01:40
Md bbd 250722

They don’t look square like the pictures above, maybe there before the change?

Bby said:
I’m not entirely sure which code is the date code. The pack says
Lot 2130010319 art710630 220723 01:40
Md bbd 250722

They don’t look square like the pictures above, maybe there before the change?
What's on the nappy?
The slip Ultima Infront of me has
NL 2021 10 16 1130 925519
So that would be,
NL, production facility, Nederlands
2021, year
10, month, October
16, day, 16th, so a Saturday.
Then the next 4 digits are the time, and the last 6 are a mystery.

HappyNappin said:
What's on the nappy?
The slip Ultima Infront of me has
NL 2021 10 16 1130 925519
So that would be,
NL, production facility, Nederlands
2021, year
10, month, October
16, day, 16th, so a Saturday.
Then the next 4 digits are the time, and the last 6 are a mystery.
Thanks for explaining I’ll take a look when I get home

Bby said:

The new packs have 30 in them. And the older ones had 28 in them so should be easy to determine which ones you are getting.

My initial impression is they feel a lot smaller. Less skin is covered which is the whole idea I suppose - promoting skin health. I’m going to test them out for a few more days before giving an opinion.

Cherrypie said:
My initial impression is they feel a lot smaller. Less skin is covered which is the whole idea I suppose - promoting skin health. I’m going to test them out for a few more days before giving an opinion.
I shall follow with interest. At this stage ’feel a lot smaller’ sounds somewhat disconcerting as I can imagine all sorts of issues with containment and potentially leaks, but I understand from your introductory post that they do incorporate unusually tall leak guards. I’ll await your findings…😊

Back