shaving in the nether region

Diaperman95 said:
Do you think it is more hygienic to shave the pubic region or not? I mean it kinda seams like hair might hold some bacteria or something as you cant get all the urine out without washing. But I don't manscape if that's how its said. 'šŸ˜‚ I have wondered for a while. But shaving also opens your pores on your face and I sure anywhere else. So that said if it irritates the skin will it be easier to get a rash? To be totally honest its more just me wondering if I have been doing something wrong. I never really get a rash because I use good diapers and change them when needed. I just wondering if any does it because of their IC needs? not for preference? Some one with real loose stool or bad bowel IC might want to keep things trim as well. So give it to me straight should you mow the lawn or not? šŸ˜šŸ˜
Ive done it helps easier to feel clean down there trimming helps keep urine smell feels great ive shaved completely once or twice powder also helps u have keep it clean if u do that u are fine proper hygine and what not ..

Reactions: Diaperman95
Take a electric shaver then pull the skin tight and shave with a clean razor helps to do it in shower body hair gets everywhere šŸ˜‚

Go slow

Well, I know beards aren't hygienic, so I guess that applies there as well.

I recently had hernia repair surgery and I found when I got home and removed what they put on me that everything was clipped down there. Not that I didnā€™t expect it; more I didnā€™t expect what it looked like.
Iā€™m guessing the hospital did it the right way for hygienic purposes as I donā€™t itch nor were there any cuts.
It turns out that they apparently donā€™t shave all the way. I am guessing they use a clipper of some sort because there was a very slight amount of hair still left.
And I seem to be finding out that the hair is either not growing back or is growing back very slowly.

Hemix said:
Well, I know beards aren't hygienic, so I guess that applies there as well.
Wow.šŸ˜² maybe I am just non hygienic and no ones ever told me.

I don't see then no worse than any other hair growing on the body. I just grow a mustache and Gotee not a full beard but I have had them a good 20 years. I bath daily and they get washed with shampoo and brushed. I have long hair that goes to the middle of my back or further even in a tie. I have had women tell me they would kill for my hair when I take it down. Not very often I don't pull it back. If they are kept clean I don't see a issue myself, I don't see it any worse than a girl with long hair.

I can understand the pubic hair especially on a incontinent person like my self but I do not see any truth to this statement.

Diaperman95 said:
I can understand the pubic hair especially on a incontinent person like my self but I do not see any truth to this statement.
Well, it seems the topic actually led to a lot of discussion and it isn't clear they are that unhygienic at all. I suppose it depends on how you take care of your personal hygiene and the length of your beard, especially when talking about COVID-19 (to say the less).

Hair skin saliva urine may all be sterile unique to the individual - but unless living as a solo hermit far
away from civilization care must be taken to keep it that way and avoid contact spreading.

Diaperman95 said:
Do you think it is more hygienic to shave the pubic region or not? I mean it kinda seams like hair might hold some bacteria or something as you cant get all the urine out without washing. But I don't manscape if that's how its said. 'šŸ˜‚ I have wondered for a while. But shaving also opens your pores on your face and I sure anywhere else. So that said if it irritates the skin will it be easier to get a rash? To be totally honest its more just me wondering if I have been doing something wrong. I never really get a rash because I use good diapers and change them when needed. I just wondering if any does it because of their IC needs? not for preference? Some one with real loose stool or bad bowel IC might want to keep things trim as well. So give it to me straight should you mow the lawn or not? šŸ˜šŸ˜
I trim up front, got everything around back completely lasered off, even without diaper fun it really helps to keep it clean back there, was worth the $1,200

fleckothefennec said:
I trim up front, got everything around back completely lasered off, even without diaper fun it really helps to keep it clean back there, was worth the $1,200
I am on a very fixed income. $1200 is a lot to me at the moment. Not undoable but i have other things I want. I eneded up getting a small rechargable clipper at walmart. I use the shortest guard and just go with that. It is not a clean shave but it is still pretty hygenic and I dont worry about cuts and burns.

Yah it was a lot of money, I tried shaving around back but the stubble was really irritating. I use a trimmer up front as if I shave it goes ingrown. I contemplated getting the front lasered, already had my stomach done, I think I would miss my pubes if they were completely gone.

fleckothefennec said:
Yah it was a lot of money, I tried shaving around back but the stubble was really irritating. I use a trimmer up front as if I shave it goes ingrown. I contemplated getting the front lasered, already had my stomach done, I think I would miss my pubes if they were completely gone.
Yeah. I tryed to clean shave and if you dont do it daily the stubble is sharp. I use a different set of clippers on my beard for the same reason. If I let a day or 2 stubble go it irritates me if it was a clean shave. The beauty of retirement is I dont have to shave daily.

Hope you are enjoying your retirement šŸ˜€, I semi retired last year and moved offgrid to live my dream life.

fleckothefennec said:
Hope you are enjoying your retirement šŸ˜€, I semi retired last year and moved offgrid to live my dream life.
The best I can. I was way to early and due to medical issues. I can understand wanting to get away from the normal rat race though. Glad you are making the most of it.

fleckothefennec said:
had the same problem got tired of shaving everyday . now I use clippers or scissors to keep it short

Back