shaving in the nether region

babyann said:
What is the purpose? Personally, I think it must be cleaner, and it is easier to clean down there when there are no hairs. I also think it looks much more attractive. Certainly on girls. I don’t think I have ever seen a boy completely shaved down there.
Something akin to underarm hair same application ?

Gad how I hate the hairy beast !

No hair - no odor - cooler - less perspiration
-OR-
horses sweat - men perspire - and women glisten
Why not men ?

Women are different to men though. I see no reason for a man to shave .

for me, i notice the hair seems to trap some of the urine smell. also it makes things easier to clean with wipes between changes. mind you I dont shave it clean. that itches and is a pain to maintain. I just shave it all down really short. maybe 1/16-1/4 inch.

I have shaved before and liked the cleaness of it all, but my wife did not care for that look. Since her opinion is important to me, I just keep it trimmed way down. Still easy to clean, and she doesn't feel like she is being intimate with a child.

Last edited:
I have a very specific way of going about it. This is again, not so much related to diapers, but still helps.
After shaving all the way and being as meticulous as I can without making any nicks or mistakes basically avoiding all blood where I can, I wait for usually a week and a half, average. This is to reduce the possibility of a rash or anything else unwanted. Then once that's over and I can be sure the area is ready again, I do another shave. Rinse, reapeat.

I shave everywhere at least twice a week if not more…otherwise it gets itchy, which is not a good look. For me (& more importantly, for My Mommy) it would be odd to see any hair in a baby’s diaper…. But She shaves too, I am in no ways an expert, but I would guess that most women shave these days, maybe not everything like me, but with most bikinis and the like you need to shave. It is just easier to shave everywhere, and keep it smooth. I am careful to use plenty of nappy ointment and or Vaseline and taking good care, as I am in cloth diapers 24/7, which means it can be really easy for me to pick up a rash. The rash is always on the most tender skin around either my front or back bottom.

It is a matter of personal preference , a good hair remover smooths all.

I have been shaving clean down there for years now and can't stand it when I let it go to long. In the beginning you will find your self asking what I'm I doing. After keeping it maintained for a bit it dose get better and easier. Your body will adjust and keeping it maintained the growth of the hair will slowdown and the new growth will become less thick so what hair dose grow is softer. I don't think I would ever go back to letting it grow.

I use the Manscape Lawnmower 4.0. It trims it super short so no ingrown hairs and pretty much the same as clean-shaven. Sure it isnt smooth but I dont touch the skin on my groin either so it doesnt matter.

I never shave down there, the hairs growing back are sharp and poke into the skin which can be irritating. I generally (very very carefully) take scissors and trim the hair down there to a reasonable size.

as a life long nudist i have over the years noted that about 1/3 of the nudist out there go bear or trim it very short
i trim mine to about 1/8 of a inch.

I shave because it helps with odor control and makes diaper changes/cleaning easier, especially if messy.

Reactions: babyann
LainIsLain said:
I've just started shaving down there. I like the smoothness but I did get a good rash/shaving bumps. I didn't realize before but it's uncomfortable having loads of hair under the diaper in front.
Shaving my body anywhere is a highly unnatural self-destructive activity promoted by capitalist's male-beauty standards. I won't shave at all.

Wow. Thank all of you for your response. I think clean shave is a little to much for me. I did start to get sensitive after a week or 2. I think i am just gowing te keep it groomed back with some clippers and not go all the way to skin. No way a 1/4 inch or less of hair is holding that much more odor. Like I said before I am off the market so it really doesn't matter to anyone but me. But I can understand the desire to keep things a bit more tighty. Thank you all.

Diaperman95 said:
Wow. Thank all of you for your response. I think clean shave is a little to much for me. I did start to get sensitive after a week or 2. I think i am just gowing te keep it groomed back with some clippers and not go all the way to skin. No way a 1/4 inch or less of hair is holding that much more odor. Like I said before I am off the market so it really doesn't matter to anyone but me. But I can understand the desire to keep things a bit more tighty. Thank you all.
It is a constant maintenance issue - must keep cutting the growth down to flush with the skin or the stubble will itch scratch and be
uncomfortable until sufficient growth is back !
Best to opt for permanent removal or continue with the daily or frequent cutting (whatever is your schedule).
Using a sharp blade (multi-blade) shaver - cream or gel lub and hot water to raise the growth for cutting.
Electric shavers can be used but they don't get that last mini-millemeter like a blade does - therein the stubble has a small
head start to irritate but there is something about the electric shaver in that the cut is generally smoother than the sharp
cut off of the blade razor. Less sharp edges to put up with.
Trial and error - time and experience -

And then some folks just have barbed WIRE hair - get those metal sheers - hack saws !

You clothes may like you better with constant trimming - stubble wears at the fabric of lingerie - keep it smooth for best results !

Reactions: babyann
babylock1 said:
It is a constant maintenance issue - must keep cutting the growth down to flush with the skin or the stubble will itch scratch and be
Best to opt for permanent removal or continue with the daily or frequent cutting (whatever is your schedule).
Using a sharp blade (multi-blade) shaver - cream or gel lub and hot water to raise the growth for cutting.
Electric shavers can be used but they don't get that last mini-millemeter like a blade does - therein the stubble has a small
head start to irritate but there is something about the electric shaver in that the cut is generally smoother than the sharp

And then some folks just have barbed WIRE hair - get those metal sheers - hack saws !

You clothes may like you better with constant trimming - stubble wears at the fabric of lingerie - keep it smooth for best results !
yeah I use to wear the 2 day stubble kind of a style in the late 90's to early 2000's. Don't ask 😂😂But I notice if I shaved with a razor blade when it grows out it has that sharp edge were the razor cut it from one side next to the skin. But I would use a long hair trimmer on my electric and because it is a shear no sharp edge and it left a 2 to 3 day amount. So that's what I thought about and tried. No way I going spend money on hair removal. I would have my eyes fixed if I had the extra cash. Northshore gets to much of my money. 😂

babylock1 said:

I completely agree. For me it is just part of my showering routine, and it is quick and easy to use a razor quickly in all areas in the shower. There is nothing worse than the stubble feeling down there, and it will get itchy if you don’t keep it smooth. I do use creams and lotions so I rarely get a rash or anything. I use cloth diapers 24/7, which don’t wick away the moisture from your skin as good as good disposables, so I need to guard against nappy rash too. I wish I had the spare cash to go for permanent removal, but I need to find a new job first!

babyann said:
I completely agree. For me it is just part of my showering routine, and it is quick and easy to use a razor quickly in all areas in the shower. There is nothing worse than the stubble feeling down there, and it will get itchy if you don’t keep it smooth. I do use creams and lotions so I rarely get a rash or anything. I use cloth diapers 24/7, which don’t wick away the moisture from your skin as good as good disposables, so I need to guard against nappy rash too. I wish I had the spare cash to go for permanent removal, but I need to find a new job first!
Do you prefer cloth or do you use them because they are more affordable. I have used them several times and have a few rearz prefolds. But i love my mega max. They keep my skin very dry.

Agree - Trimming definitely helps with cleaning thus, keeping odor down. By the end of the day, regardless of ones trimming, a shower is warranted.

IDK about razors and creams, seems one would be prone to ingrown hairs, cuts, and/or chemical burns. Don’t imagine a bandaid would stay stuck on me (🎶) down there.

Back