shaving in the nether region

You probably don’t want my opinion about God putting that hair there and if He wants it gone He can take care of it. I’ve never shaved my diaper regions and to date have had no reason to begin. However I’m also old, beat up, and off the market for many years, although I’m considering returning to the fray. Married in ‘80, my wife decided that she needed a divorce in ‘91 and I’ve remained celibate since then. My ex-wife passed away just prior to Halloween 2 years ago so I may put a foot in the dating pool if I can find access to the water, but I still have no plans to mow the lawn down there.

Zeke said:
You probably don’t want my opinion about God putting that hair there and if He wants it gone He can take care of it. I’ve never shaved my diaper regions and to date have had no reason to begin. However I’m also old, beat up, and off the market for many years, although I’m considering returning to the fray. Married in ‘80, my wife decided that she needed a divorce in ‘91 and I’ve remained celibate since then. My ex-wife passed away just prior to Halloween 2 years ago so I may put a foot in the dating pool if I can find access to the water, but I still have no plans to mow the lawn down there.
Go for it man. get back out there. You deserve to be happy so goes for if you're single or seeing people. But I only tried it to see if it helps with the odor any.

Diaperman95 said:
Go for it man. get back out there. You deserve to be happy so goes for if you're single or seeing people. But I only tried it to see if it helps with the odor any.
I do have just the least little bit of concern about odors and that I may be a little nose blind. It’s been my practice for the past several years to get at least one shower a day washing with a soft soap with Aloe Vera to maintain skin health and to remove odor. I do try to leave the area lathered up for a bit to leave a soap smell if any “down there”. Let me know how that going naked when you’re naked works out, I don’t think that I’m up for trimming the lawn yet.

Zeke said:
I do have just the least little bit of concern about odors and that I may be a little nose blind. It’s been my practice for the past several years to get at least one shower a day washing with a soft soap with Aloe Vera to maintain skin health and to remove odor. I do try to leave the area lathered up for a bit to leave a soap smell if any “down there”. Let me know how that going naked when you’re naked works out, I don’t think that I’m up for trimming the lawn yet.
Nothing wrong natural. I done it for all my life until today. Lol. The Jury is still out. To be honest I was in the hospital last week and I was so sick and pissing and shitting and throwing up I didn't even get a shower for almost 3 days and I could smell urine so bad just hanging out. That wipes was not taking. I finally gave in and took a shower because I normally do daily but all bets off when that sick.

I can tell you one thing a little older that I cant notice because I am nose blind too. Or a rash I will go back to a odor. But we see you it goes.

LainIsLain said:
I've just started shaving down there. I like the smoothness but I did get a good rash/shaving bumps. I didn't realize before but it's uncomfortable having loads of hair under the diaper in front.
Yes, it pulls a lot, especially in the crease of your groin toward the front of your "thighs?". That area there, lol.

Reactions: AComputerGuy, Diaperman95 and LainIsLain
There is a lot more to this shaving than simply rasping the razor across the forest for the trees.

Absolutely - DO NOT DRY SHAVE - except with an electric shaver and then follow the fine print directions !

For the initial first cut use a hedge trimmer - weed whacker -
aka shaver with butch cut to trim the hair down for a manageable razor cut -

Warm the bush up perhaps as hot as you can tolerate -
Use a lube or shaving cream -
A multi-blade shaver is great -
Do not continually shave over the same shaved spot -
Do not apply pressure on the shaver thinking you are shaving closer -
Know the direction of growth --- don't shave against the grain !
If the direction is not apparent - only make small strokes to define it -
As the shaving progresses clean between the shaver blades -
Previous shaved hair jammed up in between the blades will cause a shaver to miss or bump over spots -
There are shavers with vibrating heads that make a different slicing cut to the hair - try it - it may work better for you !
The pubic area is very sensitive in more ways than one - use care with soaps chemicals oils lotions after shaving - TEST !
Some clothing items maybe an irritant (lacy trim - sewn bulky seams - compression tight under gear) -
Don't experiment and go out on the dance floor - introducing a new crotch itchy whirly dervish dance mode -
Take everything in gradual controlled steps -
Consider that OTC drugs asprin tylenol advil may help the recovery if your leap of faith has gone too far.

You can not comfortably clear cut the forest in one setting - unless you have a high threshold for pain !

Shaving is cleaner but don't shave close to the skin like with a Gillette.
Razor burn or folliculitis can be very painful.
I had it all.
Even needed multiple antibiotics treatments to get rid of it.

Best is to trim it short with an electric clippers, to about 5-7mm or so.
It will itch at first but not as bad as using a Gillette.

Using zinc oxide creams help with the itch. But when incontinent it's best not to shave too short.
I found i have not had rashes in weeks, once a month or so max

Before that when I used a Gillette i had constant rashes

Reactions: inconsurferdude and Blubby
I quit 😞 two days of smooth isnt worth 2 weeks of painful regrowth & possible cuts i full body shaved a mnth ago and im an ape again 😭

Reactions: KrankyPants
Diaperman95 said:
Do you think it is more hygienic to shave the pubic region or not? I mean it kinda seams like hair might hold some bacteria or something as you cant get all the urine out without washing. But I don't manscape if that's how its said. '😂 I have wondered for a while. But shaving also opens your pores on your face and I sure anywhere else. So that said if it irritates the skin will it be easier to get a rash? To be totally honest its more just me wondering if I have been doing something wrong. I never really get a rash because I use good diapers and change them when needed. I just wondering if any does it because of their IC needs? not for preference? Some one with real loose stool or bad bowel IC might want to keep things trim as well. So give it to me straight should you mow the lawn or not? 😁😁
If I don't shave my diaper area clean I will sweat so much when I was wearing disposables that in hot weather, if I were outside, I was having to change my diaper at least once every hour, making it expensive and time consuming. But I later found out that by shaving smooth made everything feel a lot cooler and my diapers last a Lot longer. I have long since switched to cotton diapers because the disposables felt too scratchy. I really don't care about what anyone else thinks about it because it works for me and helps control the odors.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Diaperman95 said:
Do you think it is more hygienic to shave the pubic region or not? I mean it kinda seams like hair might hold some bacteria or something as you cant get all the urine out without washing. But I don't manscape if that's how its said. '😂 I have wondered for a while. But shaving also opens your pores on your face and I sure anywhere else. So that said if it irritates the skin will it be easier to get a rash? To be totally honest its more just me wondering if I have been doing something wrong. I never really get a rash because I use good diapers and change them when needed. I just wondering if any does it because of their IC needs? not for preference? Some one with real loose stool or bad bowel IC might want to keep things trim as well. So give it to me straight should you mow the lawn or not? 😁😁
I mow the lawn but I don’t trust my self to mow around the house so I planted a garden
That’s my metaphor

• Haha
Reactions: littledub1955
MASONJAR said:
I quit 😞 two days of smooth isnt worth 2 weeks of painful regrowth & possible cuts i full body shaved a mnth ago and im an ape again 😭
I feel you. Right now I have two or three ingrown hairs in my pubic area. I actually popped two of them. 😂 It does make it feel better. But I think I'm better off going back to what I was doing before: trimming with a low guard. I can shave my balls no problem, but in my pubis area, it's a trim only zone. I think this is common, though. I've seen white and black people incur this. The thing that makes me want to revert to my past method is I am Chinese, Jamaican and Irish. I am light skinned and because of my Caribbean ancestors I am prone to scarring. The actual term is called Keloid skin. I don't want anyone looking at my crotch and being grossed out! Then, who will pick the Caribbean fruits?!?! 🤣🌴🥥

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Luvshugs and littledub1955
littledub1955 said:
If I don't shave my diaper area clean I will sweat so much when I was wearing disposables that in hot weather, if I were outside, I was having to change my diaper at least once every hour, making it expensive and time consuming. But I later found out that by shaving smooth made everything feel a lot cooler and my diapers last a Lot longer. I have long since switched to cotton diapers because the disposables felt too scratchy. I really don't care about what anyone else thinks about it because it works for me and helps control the odors.
That's what matters. What works for you. I personally would use a dish rag if it worked for me. I giving it a go so time will tell if it's for me or not. But for sure I going to do what ever is easiest and best for me. So I understand. Cloth is a lot of work but it's good for the environment too so dont feel bad about using them. To be honest I just to lazy to use cloth. 😄

Diaperman95 said:
Thanks for the reply even if you didn't take her advise you shared it so thanks. But I would not be surprised if there is not some truth in what she said. I sill want to hear a few more for it and against it before I go there. But I am old and beat up and off the market for 26years now so I need to impress no one,
I feel a lot more like a little with no hair down there.

Reactions: KrankyPants
Me, too! I want to try nair.

littledub1955 said:
I feel a lot more like a little with no hair down there.
I not into any AB behavior so that's no never mind to me. I married forever too. 😀 so its just about what feels best to me. so far the verdict is still out. But I could understand how that could help your mind set when in that mode.

My boyfriend trims his pubic hair really short, but shaves his penis completely so that the self adhesive condom catheters he sometimes uses don't stick to hair which is not good with limited sensation[ he is paralysed from waist down]. I myself just trim really short. We both agree that its far more healthier/fresher.

Reactions: Blubby and Diaperman95
Yes there is something to trimming the hair to such a smooth level the thigh highs - hold ups and the condom catheters
just simply can't get a grip to stay put without advanced sticky aids or tourniquet tightness.

It always seems a feminine thing to do to me. It's there for a purpose.

Wettiguy said:
It always seems a feminine thing to do to me. It's there for a purpose.
What is the purpose? Personally, I think it must be cleaner, and it is easier to clean down there when there are no hairs. I also think it looks much more attractive. Certainly on girls. I don’t think I have ever seen a boy completely shaved down there.

Reactions: rbm and wheelz4legz
Back