shaving in the nether region

DanielW said:
I generally use Veet or Nair once a month. My re-growth seems to have thinned out the longer I use it. I used to shave every few days / twice a week, but got tired of the maintenance. Once a month is fine for me now.

Hey D, I would be concerned about chemical burns, without going into TMI-details, how can you treat the more sensitive parts?

Totally got rid of off-putting urine smell when I started shaving. Wash the area with an antibacterial soap, use a really sharp razor, good moisturizer and keep it clean with wipes (you can't clean hair with wipes). Both my urologist and I believe it's more hygienic.

Reactions: KrankyPants and DiaperDiva
I just started using a trimmer from Manscaped and got the hair very short, but not completely gone. It looks and feels so much better to have it breathe better down there.

Reactions: Angelapinks, KrankyPants and Fleetwoodmac32192
I was careful with shaving down there using a clean Philips oneblade but I still have some slightly red itchy irritation down there but a light amount of bag balm seems to help a bit.

Reactions: KrankyPants
Cinderpamp said:
I just started using a trimmer from Manscaped and got the hair very short, but not completely gone. It looks and feels so much better to have it breathe better down there.
I have something similar to it called mangroomer. Did you use any guards/combs? If you did which size did you use?

Fleetwoodmac32192 said:
I have something similar to it called mangroomer. Did you use any guards/combs? If you did which size did you use?
I just had the default guard that it comes with, you can remove it for a closer shave.

Fleetwoodmac32192 said:
I was careful with shaving down there using a clean Philips oneblade but I still have some slightly red itchy irritation down there but a light amount of bag balm seems to help a bit.
I saw that Philips One Blade and am extremely curious if it really works. I use a Gillette Fusion ProGlide for my balls and butt and a Gillette battery powered Trimmer for everywhere else. I don't use a guard for that.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
Hadn't really thought about it. I guess I keep the front trimmed with an electric with an attachment thats a little longer than stubble so the hair doesn't catch or pull on the padding. Up until recently I kept the back totally smooth with a razor every other day to make cleaning messes easier in public with wipes. But I mostly have those kinds of accidents right after waking up now, so it's easy to just shower.

Front and back 100%
Wearing diapers again all in all about 15 years. 4/15 experiencing unconsciously wetting at night caused by trauma. (ongoing). Till today I guess I had about 2-3 times a rash produced by my own fault (shaved without (missing the word...i guess you know what I mean) but thats it.

I shave every 3 to 5 days.

Last edited:
I am waxed once a month down there and it is great! Much easier to clean up during diaper changes and I believe that my diapers have a better seal without hair down there. Only way to go!

Reactions: Angelapinks
I always shave. First I use a loofah to clean and then a sharp razor and a really good shaving gel with Aloe Vera in. Then my usual barrier cream. I have been shaving since puberty, I don't like body hair, with my hormone drop I have less hair and it has become finer. I think it is all easier to keep clean this way.

Reactions: Angelapinks
DanielW said:
Veet doesn't irritate my skin very much. I got a nasty chemical burn from Nair once, but its because I was trying to nuke a patch of stubborn hair and kept it on too long. Timing it everything and you have to be ready to flush the whole area with cool/cold water, I usually do the whole process in the shower. Also, DON'T rub the area with anything just rinse (you can use the little plastic spatula that comes with some veet formulas, but be very gentle with newly treated skin.

Watch the time, its very important, its better to have the odd patch of hair to shave afterwards than a burn. Better to underdo it than overdo it. Once you know how much time certain sensitive areas need, it gets easier though.

I divide into Zones, the top-front (around the waist line) the middle-front (further down) and the "under carriage" (think the most possible sensitive areas) the last zone needs less time. The back isn't so sensitive, so I used the same timing as I would for the top front.

One last tip, you can also use a bit of vaseline to keep and hair remover off of places that don't have hair, but might accidentally get some collateral damage.

Hope that helps, if not DM me (trying not to be too graphic here in the forum post)
Thanks, have to think about this.

Cinderpamp said:
That is what I figured out close but no shave is my plan from here on. I have a cheep pair of small cordless trimmer. zero irritation unless you are reckless. Way better than trying to shave. I am super sensitive even on my face. I never really kept it gone before now as I have been married my entire adult life and used some form of absorbent pad or diaper the entire time too but I feel cleaner and fresher now that it is down. So I will stick with it

I never go for a close shave. I just go for a near trim. I have regular hair, not like I'm an ape. If you're thinking of doing this you'll be happy about it. Believe me. Been doing this for years.

I have been shaving my nether regions for the last forty eight years off and on, but I've been hair free for the last two decades at least.
I have been smooth for so long I'm put off by a two day growth which I consider unsightly. Being so used to being hair free, going back to having pubic hair would be off-putting for me.

daylight said:
Thanks, have to think about this.
When Dubya left office...

1644564335304.png

I have shaved for several years and never had any rashes or issues, my shaving procedure is, - if long trim first with chippers, than take a nice hot shower, always use a ladies razer, and hair conditioner as a lubricant, after the shower apply E45 cream or other moisturiser. Hope thus helps

Reactions: Sidewinder
DorsetDiaper said:
I have shaved for several years and never had any rashes or issues, my shaving procedure is, - if long trim first with clippers, then take a nice hot shower, always use a ladies razor, and hair conditioner as a lubricant, after the shower apply E45 cream or other moisturizer. Hope this helps.
I found out through trial and error, that hair conditioner makes a good substitute for shaving cream, particularly, if you have very coarse face/body hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlefun
I don’t shave don’t want to take risk of infection or cuts ingrown heirs and so on bit it is a little harder to get cream and stuff on and get clean so shower more offen

Back