shadowbanned

JaysonTheRegressor said:
I think if youtube censors its creators to make it "kid-friendly" they shouldn't be able to show as many military ads as they do but that's another topic for the mature topics forum 😅
I've also find it very ironic that YouTube also consider some videos like adult cartoons as kid-friendly according to their guidelines. Some of which had their comment sections disabled and instead have a "Try YouTube Kids" link on the bottom of the description. Where as other groups such as ABDLs (in which they aren't trying to be kid-friendly to begin with) get thrown under the bus all for referencing baby shows or other baby-related items.

Reactions: JaysonTheRegressor
Kaich said:
No. What does it mean?
It basically means that they make your content hard to find. You stop showing up in searches, etc.

Weatheronthe8s said:
I’m always excited when a YouTube channel is decent enough to not put more than 1 ad in their videos. It’s why I mostly watch tech youtubers. Most of them don’t put too many ads.
Recently YouTube started automatically enabling mid-roll ads, so it's not necessarily channel owners intentionally enabling them. I had to finally update my browser just so I could use uBlock to get rid of those ads (I was using AdBlock which wasn't cutting it). Some were every minute. Unbearable.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
Prairie said:
Recently YouTube started automatically enabling mid-roll ads, so it's not necessarily channel owners intentionally enabling them. I had to finally update my browser just so I could use uBlock to get rid of those ads (I was using AdBlock which wasn't cutting it). Some were every minute. Unbearable.
Yeah. I heard about this change. It's super annoying. It's making me consider monetizing my channel if ads begin to appear on unclaimed videos because I don't want YouTube taking all the money.

Prairie said:
I find it tedious for YouTube to make their users' experience unfriendly by putting in more ads than usual on people's videos. Especially when it leads to them using Adblock extensions on their browsers.

PhilanderNita said:
I find it tedious for YouTube to make their users' experience unfriendly by putting in more ads than usual on people's videos. Especially when it leads to them using Adblock extensions on their browsers.
I've had adblock on the computers I use for so long, that when I have to use a different computer or someone says "hey come take a look at this video!" and it's just video AD video AD video AD video AD video AD it's just disgusting.

I understand they have bills to pay, but it's gotten silly.

I also find it entertaining that they're saying "well we have to put in more ads because more people are blocking them!" well, do you know what happens when you stuff in more ads? more people start blocking them! You're the one making the problem you complain about get worse. For everyone. So much facepalm.

bambinod said:
I've had adblock on the computers I use for so long, that when I have to use a different computer or someone says "hey come take a look at this video!" and it's just video AD video AD video AD video AD video AD it's just disgusting.

I also find it entertaining that they're saying "well we have to put in more ads because more people are blocking them!" well, do you know what happens when you stuff in more ads? more people start blocking them! You're the one making the problem you complain about get worse. For everyone. So much facepalm.
This exactly. I can't even really tolerate the internet on a computer without an ad locker anymore. I've gotten in the habit of installing Unlock Origin every time I install my OS after installing firefox.

Reactions: Prairie
BabyKitten28 said:
i cant stand ADs ...on tv i can tolerate if it pays the bill for a channel sub. like Tubi, they show cool movies for free in exchange to show Ads. and for me, 20-30 mins of tv movies and 5 mins of ads is worth it. but not a 10 minute or 20 min video on youtube about gaming or abdl. no way.
This exactly. I don't mind them on TV as much just because of the way they're set up. YouTube is relatively short form content, so it really shouldn't require as many ads. I can see maybe an ad or 2 at the beginning for a video, but like 5 commercial breaks in a 10 minute video is insane. It makes it hard to enjoy the video. I'm even thinking about putting YouTube Vanced back on my phone just because of how annoying it is. I hate not supporting content creators, but I'm sure YouTube is taking alot of that, and are taking all of it on non monetized channels they are now sticking them on.

Last edited:
BabyKitten28 said:
dont forget the kids or no kids button on youtube videos now....they ruin monetization for a number of channels.
Oh yes. As a small youtuber, this freaked me out. I don't use monetization, and won't unless youtube starts putting ads on my videos. Much of my content is in a kids gray area though, so I kinda have a mix of kids and no kids depending on whether I liked the comments on that type of video. It seems to work pretty okay. Some of them I did not even like the comments enough to even bother turning them back on.

bambinod said:

They pretty much don't mind people blocking their ads as they're now putting in sponsors from companies that endorsed them.

MailCat581 said:
The only thing that interests me on Youtube is things regarding video games and rail-fanning trains.
My primary interests on YouTube consist of classic autos, WW l and WW ll documentaries. The later will most likely soon be banned on YouTube as it exposes that YouTube and their parent company, Alphabet, and their sister company, Google, are practicing the same methods to support their ideology as the Nazis did between 1934 and mid 1945. They will not tolerate any thoughts outside their groupthink.

I stopped watching TV about 20 years ago, mainly because of the ads. If ever YouTube can't be ad-blocked, I won't watch. Too irritating.
BabyKitten28 said:
dont forget the kids or no kids button on youtube videos now....they ruin monetization for a number of channels.
And the destruction of so many great comment sections of videos, e.g. JANGBRICKS' LEGO reviews in past years (not YouTube's fault, they have to comply or get fined).

Back