shadowbanned

HTML said:
Four legs good, two legs better.
Some animals are “more equal”.

Reactions: hoimi, BobbiSueEllen and HTML
MailCat581 said:
The only thing that interests me on Youtube is things regarding video games and rail-fanning trains.
LOL mine is small farms / homesteads, anything firewood, tractor, snow removal related, then weather videos like tornadoes or other extremes

Tech is only going to get worse, thats why I refrain from posting pictures of myself, or anything that can be traced back in a negative way. Eventually someone or some company will develop software for private companies to essentially do media background checks using a file photo from say a company ID card to see if anything is posted by that person in question, our little knitch is pretty harmless, but could be embarrassing in vanilla world.
Don't believe me? look at all the people tracked back by photo's then linked to post's during the capital protests, or the other protesters traced during the riots in a few major cities over the past year, it will eventually happen in the private sector where there is less red tape to go through.

Reactions: dogboy
BobbiSueEllen said:
It's ironic, that YouTube and others are emulating the censorship-hungry Far Right. Sickening, actually. No questions, just judgment.
You're way off. It's the far-right sites that are truly free-speech. Have you seen all the big-tech censorship and cancel-culture waves for even being mildly conservative?

• Thinking
Reactions: CptKirk and dous
Prairie said:
You're way off. It's the far-right sites that are truly free-speech. Have you seen all the big-tech censorship and cancel-culture waves for even being mildly conservative?
I think I wasn't entirely clear: I realized I forgot to put quotes around "censorship-hungry far right", a bit of Left rhetoric. While I am not at the far end politically, I do differ from the majority. Safety in Numbers has never been my shelter in anything in life.

Just my .000002 Bitcoin.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
BabyKitten28 said:
i hate advertisements. i get it some people need to make a living doing youtube but alot of ads are youtube's doing. not the creator.
Well, and YouTube needs to get paid too, of course. It’s fair to find ads annoying, but... Necessary evils. You could always subscribe and get rid of the ads.

Cottontail said:
Well, and YouTube needs to get paid too, of course. It’s fair to find ads annoying, but... Necessary evils. You could always subscribe and get rid of the ads.
Or install an ad-blocker on the browser. There are many good ones out there.

• Love
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
Prairie said:
You are so right. The left is big time cancel culture.

Reactions: Prairie and chamberpot
BobbiSueEllen said:
Or install an ad-blocker on the browser. There are many good ones out there.
Yeah, may as well do it while you can. The lifespans of these ad-blocking strategies are measured in months. Pretty soon, the ads will just be merged with the streams on the server side, and there’ll be no way for the browser to do anything about it. You can bet that, as soon as the bottom line dictates, it will be done.

• Sad
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and BobbiSueEllen
WABX said:
The left is big time cancel culture.
Yeah, pick your poison. Either extreme is... well, extreme. Unfortunately, the term “free speech” has lately become a euphemism for “lie-filled conspiracy theories.” I’d be happy without both the “cancel culture” of the left and this unfortunate re-branding of lies by the right. Pity everything tends to crystallize at one end or the other.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Cottontail said:
Yeah, may as well do it while you can. The lifespans of these ad-blocking strategies are measured in months. Pretty soon, the ads will just be merged with the streams on the server side, and there’ll be no way for the browser to do anything about it. You can bet that, as soon as the bottom line dictates, it will be done.
I walked away from Facebook completely, as well as YouTube and Google. What seemed innocuous 10-12 years ago is remarkably different now. The only YouTube I do is music, anonymously, via the NewPipe app on my phone. It's a real good app; it updates here and there but it's worth the effort involved to have music in the background as I surf or drive. Good stuff! 🥳

Reactions: pampers4U and Weatheronthe8s
Cottontail said:
Yeah. I can imagine it will be done at some point. YouTube ads are honestly to the point of being worse than TV though. It’s insane. I can’t stand watching some YouTube channels anymore without an ad blocker. I’m always excited when a YouTube channel is decent enough to not put more than 1 ad in their videos. It’s why I mostly watch tech youtubers. Most of them don’t put too many ads. Plus I don’t want to pay the subscription just because it’s too expensive. It’s more than some of the higher end streaming services. YouTube as a company run by Google is sad these days. Google is far too greedy. I wish I could escape it.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Weatheronthe8s said:
Yeah. I can imagine it will be done at some point. YouTube ads are honestly to the point of being worse than TV though. It’s insane.
Really? Gosh. Versus TV, I'll take YouTube ads any day. When was the last time you were forced to endure a five-minute-long commercial break on YouTube? I think sometimes we forget how bad the "good old days" actually were--and still are, if you watch regular TV. I still hate the ads, but when they seldom even last a minute and I can see a progress meter, at least I know how much daydreaming I need to do.

YouTube's ad selection logic is pretty goofy, though. I've several times had the exact same ad shown five or six times in a row. Now THAT is annoying!

I kept getting ads for toothpaste. I have no teeth. :rolleyes:

crelm-toothpaste.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: hoimi and Weatheronthe8s
Cottontail said:
Really? Gosh. Versus TV, I'll take YouTube ads any day. When was the last time you were forced to endure a five-minute-long commercial break on YouTube? I think sometimes we forget how bad the "good old days" actually were--and still are, if you watch regular TV. I still hate the ads, but when they seldom even last a minute and I can see a progress meter, at least I know how much daydreaming I need to do.

YouTube's ad selection logic is pretty goofy, though. I've several times had the exact same ad shown five or six times in a row. Now THAT is annoying!
Yeah. It's honestly just the repetitive nature of the ads along with the frequency that drives me crazy. They come out of nowhere and everything driving me insane. It is annoying how repetitive YouTube ads are. I see Liberty Mutual far too often for example. TV is also repetitive, but not this bad.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
All of these platforms have legislative freedom to permit all voices to be heard right or wrong, left or right, accurate or inaccurate without fear of legal action, yet they have chosen to not avail themselves of it by practicing selective censorship. They will open themselves up to lawsuits for those who are cancelled because you cannot have it both ways. That and competing forums will erode their market share.

Reactions: chamberpot
Weatheronthe8s said:
Yeah. It's honestly just the repetitive nature of the ads along with the frequency that drives me crazy. They come out of nowhere and everything driving me insane. It is annoying how repetitive YouTube ads are. I see Liberty Mutual far too often for example. TV is also repetitive, but not this bad.
I guess we need to hoodwink their targeting algorithm into thinking we're parents of toddlers. Then, in place of things like Liberty Mutual ads, we'll have nonstop diaper and training pants ads. :)

• Love
Reactions: dogboy, Weatheronthe8s and BobbiSueEllen
PaddedWife said:
i guess abdl and other related terms can get you shadowbanned on youtube? anyone seen or heard about that?
No. What does it mean?

Cottontail said:
I guess we need to hoodwink their targeting algorithm into thinking we're parents of toddlers. Then, in place of things like Liberty Mutual ads, we'll have nonstop diaper and training pants ads. :)
I would love that. I love when I get stuff like that. I actually keep my ad personalization off, but something tells me they still target ads to me.

Back