Rascal and Friends Size 7 and Pampers Swaddlers Size 8

FudgedInLuvs said:
I know, it really aggravates me as well. I just like the packs so I have a reason to go out and buy diapers, or if I run into a bad run I dont have 50 others. Walgreens tends to be the one place that does the smaller packs, but I haven't seen size 8 there yet
My local walmart has them in boxes but I haven't seen the packs anywhere yet. I checked walgreens and CVS but they only carry up to size 6.

Reactions: Pamperdiaperslover53
southeastlittle said:
My local walmart has them in boxes but I haven't seen the packs anywhere yet. I checked walgreens and CVS but they only carry up to size 6.
If your looking for pampers size 8 by the bag go to Amazon.com.UK. they sell them by the bag.

Pamperdiaperslover53 said:
If your looking for pampers size 8 by the bag go to Amazon.com.UK. they sell them by the bag.
Aren't those Baby Dry? Speaking of which, have you tried them, and are they bigger than Swaddlers size 8? I've never been able to find this out for sure.

southeastlittle said:
Aren't those Baby Dry? Speaking of which, have you tried them, and are they bigger than Swaddlers size 8? I've never been able to find this out for sure.
Yes I have I bought a big bag of pampers baby dry size 8 17kg=37lbs.. the pampers swaddlers here are called pampers premium protection. In the UK. They only come in a siz 5. Also if you want to try a diaper that might fit you depends on your waist size then you should try. PAMPERS PROGGRESSI SIZE 6 + 16kg=35lbs I bought 2 bags total of 34. cost me around €28.51. the shipping cost me more then the diapers did. When I did get them the fit was right on. No altercation needed. You can find these on Amazon.com.it. these are way bigger then our size 6 & 7 & 8

Last edited:
Reactions: southeastlittle
So if size 8 Swaddlers nearly fit me, maybe the UK size 8 will fit? That would be a dream! Lol

Pampers Progressi & Fit Prime Extralarge, Formato Scorta, 102 Pannolini, Taglia 6+ (16+ Kg), 1 mese di palestra online in omaggio https://amzn.eu/d/a5ggtKz

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc
southeastlittle said:
So if size 8 Swaddlers nearly fit me, maybe the UK size 8 will fit? That would be a dream! Lol
I'm not sure about that. As the pampers baby dry size 8 is only 17kg=37lbs I don't think a KG is going to make a diffrence. Think about it. 1kg=2lbs. As for the pampers baby dry size 7 is 15kg=33lbs. I don't understand what UK P&G is thinking. Why are there kg=lbs are different then ours?. Just to ask. Sorry. But if the pampers swaddlers nearly fit you. Do you have to alter them to fit like I do.

Sorry if this has been asked or answered.

Is the new Pampers size 8 bigger than the swaddler size 7? Noticeably bigger?

eu38foot said:
No, at Deerfoot Meadows.
That’s in Edmonton right?

Antientmariner said:
Did you see them available by the bag or was it only available in a box? Also, what country are you from?
US and only in a box.

I need to go to Walmart and try Pampers Swaddlers Size 8 and Rascal and friends size 7.

neophyte said:
Sorry if this has been asked or answered.

Is the new Pampers size 8 bigger than the swaddler size 7? Noticeably bigger?
Not sure if this answers your question but the new pampers swaddlers size 8 are identical to the new pampers overnights size 7. Also, the new baby dry 7 are identical to the baby dry size 6 with stretchy tabs before the latest tabs modification. Pampers basically takes their old size 6, creates a title of “size 7” and makes the said size 6 diaper now a “size 5” and the old size 6 measurements becomes the new “size 7” when in all reality, it’s just scaling the existing diapers down and adding a new diaper that is not really any bigger. So in other words, the new “size 7” is the same as the previous size 6. Hope that helps any if it all.

Reactions: theancientmariner and neophyte
Anonn said:
Not sure if this answers your question but the new pampers swaddlers size 8 are identical to the new pampers overnights size 7. Also, the new baby dry 7 are identical to the baby dry size 6 with stretchy tabs before the latest tabs modification. Pampers basically takes their old size 6, creates a title of “size 7” and makes the said size 6 diaper now a “size 5” and the old size 6 measurements becomes the new “size 7” when in all reality, it’s just scaling the existing diapers down and adding a new diaper that is not really any bigger. So in other words, the new “size 7” is the same as the previous size 6. Hope that helps any if it all.
It's just a marketing ploy so people think they make the biggest nappy for kids and buy them.:(
may back fire on them one day when another manufacturer makes a proper size 8 and i hope they do! 🥰

Albertapampers said:
That’s in Edmonton right?
No, Calgary, but if they have them in Edmonton as well.

eu38foot said:
No, Calgary, but if they have them in Edmonton as well.
I can officially confirm they are available in some stores in Edmonton. I bought some at the Windermere store, and also saw them in Sherwood Park.

Anonn said:

Thank you.

I find it, confusing, as to why company would release a new size 8 Swaddler which is the same size as the existing size 7 Swaddler; which I have worn a few times comfortably with a couple extra cut off tabs to extent, so the idea of a larger size is interesting.

Here is the Swaddler size 8 compared with a Size 7 baby Dry

Image taken from this video

sadas.png

Reactions: nappybaby
neophyte said:
Thank you.

I find it, confusing, as to why company would release a new size 8 Swaddler which is the same size as the existing size 7 Swaddler; which I have worn a few times comfortably with a couple extra cut off tabs to extent, so the idea of a larger size is interesting.

Here is the Swaddler size 8 compared with a Size 7 baby Dry

Image taken from this video

View attachment 116327
Pampers entire product line confuses me as well - so we have all of their main diapers up to a size 7 now (Baby Dry, Cruisers, Cruisers 360, Pure Protection, Swaddlers, and Swaddlers Overnight), that fit 41 lbs and over. Then there are also Easy Ups in 5T-6T, equivalent to a Size 7. Ninjamas in S/M (and for a while anyway, even L/XL) are the exact same dimensions as 5T-6T Easy Ups. Going off the CDC weight-age percentile chart, all of Pampers Size 7/5T-6T products should fit on average kids from around 4-7 years old fairly comfortably (basing off the 50th percentile weight for each age). 5th percentile for 41lbs is around 7 years old, 50th percentile is around 5 years old, and 95th is around 3 1/2 years old for 41 lbs. Since there is no upper limit to weight specified on neither Pampers' size 7 diapers nor training pants, I will use Ninjamas upper limit of 70 lbs for the remaining calculations. Basing off of that, the 5th percentile age for 70 lbs is right around 12 1/2, 50th percentile is 10 years old, and 95th percentile is 7 1/4 years old.

So what age exactly are these diapers targeted at? Clearly based on the weight, they are in the category of youth diapers, not baby diapers, despite Pampers not branding them as such. The addition of Size 8 into the mix muddles things up even more. For one, why did they pick Swaddlers to make them in? Swaddlers used to be Pampers' newborn diaper line for a long time, so I'm a bit surprised they decided to launch Size 8 with Swaddlers and not Cruisers or Baby Dry, furthermore, this means that Pampers largest BABY diaper is as large as their largest youth product, L Ninjamas. To me, this does not make any sense whatsoever, but it's nothing new for Pampers. In fact, L/XL Underjams were the same length as Size 7 Cruisers for a very long time, both being around 22 inches in length. It does make me wonder what is in store for Pampers in the future though, since they have now launched a Size 8 in North America, will there be more to come or will it be like when the Size 7 Cruisers launched for the first time, with nothing else launched for several years in a Size 7.

What would I like to see in store for Pampers in the future? There are several different things I would like to see, but how likely will these occur? I have no idea, so here is some speculation on my part. (from most likely to occur, to least likely to occur IMO).

1. XL Ninjamas - Currently, K-C has a stranglehold on this size segment, few store brands have XL overnight underwear. I believe First Quality does make SleepOvers in an XL, but I haven't seen many other brands besides GoodNites that have one. It's a clear opening, and as someone who really likes Ninjamas, besides how small they are, that would be awesome.

2. Cruisers and other diapers in a Size 8 - would be the next logical step. If the Size 8 Swaddlers do well, I wouldn't be surprised to at the very least, see Pampers make Cruisers in a Size 8. I don't think they'd make Baby Dry in a Size 8 this soon though, but I could be (and likely AM) wrong.

3. 6T-7T Easy Ups - Again, would be the next logical step, although I think they might need to change the sizing system by that point as 6 and 7 year olds are definitely not toddlers. I don't know if I see these ever coming out though.

thegamer408 said:
Pampers entire product line confuses me as well - so we have all of their main diapers up to a size 7 now (Baby Dry, Cruisers, Cruisers 360, Pure Protection, Swaddlers, and Swaddlers Overnight), that fit 41 lbs and over. Then there are also Easy Ups in 5T-6T, equivalent to a Size 7. Ninjamas in S/M (and for a while anyway, even L/XL) are the exact same dimensions as 5T-6T Easy Ups. Going off the CDC weight-age percentile chart, all of Pampers Size 7/5T-6T products should fit on average kids from around 4-7 years old fairly comfortably (basing off the 50th percentile weight for each age). 5th percentile for 41lbs is around 7 years old, 50th percentile is around 5 years old, and 95th is around 3 1/2 years old for 41 lbs. Since there is no upper limit to weight specified on neither Pampers' size 7 diapers nor training pants, I will use Ninjamas upper limit of 70 lbs for the remaining calculations. Basing off of that, the 5th percentile age for 70 lbs is right around 12 1/2, 50th percentile is 10 years old, and 95th percentile is 7 1/4 years old.

So what age exactly are these diapers targeted at? Clearly based on the weight, they are in the category of youth diapers, not baby diapers, despite Pampers not branding them as such. The addition of Size 8 into the mix muddles things up even more. For one, why did they pick Swaddlers to make them in? Swaddlers used to be Pampers' newborn diaper line for a long time, so I'm a bit surprised they decided to launch Size 8 with Swaddlers and not Cruisers or Baby Dry, furthermore, this means that Pampers largest BABY diaper is as large as their largest youth product, L Ninjamas. To me, this does not make any sense whatsoever, but it's nothing new for Pampers. In fact, L/XL Underjams were the same length as Size 7 Cruisers for a very long time, both being around 22 inches in length. It does make me wonder what is in store for Pampers in the future though, since they have now launched a Size 8 in North America, will there be more to come or will it be like when the Size 7 Cruisers launched for the first time, with nothing else launched for several years in a Size 7.

What would I like to see in store for Pampers in the future? There are several different things I would like to see, but how likely will these occur? I have no idea, so here is some speculation on my part. (from most likely to occur, to least likely to occur IMO).

1. XL Ninjamas - Currently, K-C has a stranglehold on this size segment, few store brands have XL overnight underwear. I believe First Quality does make SleepOvers in an XL, but I haven't seen many other brands besides GoodNites that have one. It's a clear opening, and as someone who really likes Ninjamas, besides how small they are, that would be awesome.

2. Cruisers and other diapers in a Size 8 - would be the next logical step. If the Size 8 Swaddlers do well, I wouldn't be surprised to at the very least, see Pampers make Cruisers in a Size 8. I don't think they'd make Baby Dry in a Size 8 this soon though, but I could be (and likely AM) wrong.

3. 6T-7T Easy Ups - Again, would be the next logical step, although I think they might need to change the sizing system by that point as 6 and 7 year olds are definitely not toddlers. I don't know if I see these ever coming out though.
There is maybe several reasons not considered , extra size for fat children and there is also children who are mentaly handicapped like a 7yo who has a mental age of a 4yo for example .
Im sure there are possibly more reasons but i think the 2 above reasons account for a big chunk of the market , the handicapped world of mothers has been campaigning for bigger baby nappies for a long time.

michaelmc said:
There is maybe several reasons not considered , extra size for fat children and there is also children who are mentaly handicapped like a 7yo who has a mental age of a 4yo for example .
Im sure there are possibly more reasons but i think the 2 above reasons account for a big chunk of the market , the handicapped world of mothers has been campaigning for bigger baby nappies for a long time.
Oh yes, definitely. Can't believe I forgot to mention special needs kids. D'oh!

Reactions: michaelmc
Back