Rascal and Friends Size 7 and Pampers Swaddlers Size 8

WoollyAndJoshy said:
And sadly for those ABDLs wanting them: they will tend to listen to the parents saying their little one has a saggy bum!
Those are the target market, after all. :)

90sDiaperBaby said:
Did Luvs and Pampers change their tabs? They don't stretch like they use to.
Yes unfortunately 😔 hope people complaining to get them to change them back.

pampers568 said:
Yes unfortunately 😔 hope people complaining to get them to change them back.
There has to be kids who don't fit in them any more because they don't stretch like they use to. They almost have no stretch at all.

90sDiaperBaby said:
There has to be kids who don't fit in them any more because they don't stretch like they use to. They almost have no stretch at all.
I think it’s unlikely. Heck I’d find it more likely for them to create an even bigger size to accommodate whilst of course lowering the number of nappies in the pack… P&G have a history of this!

WoollyAndJoshy said:
I think it’s unlikely. Heck I’d find it more likely for them to create an even bigger size to accommodate whilst of course lowering the number of nappies in the pack… P&G have a history of this!
I think many would gladly accept the associated shrinkflation if they did this. :) The reality is, bigger diapers do use more material, so for the same money, you'd expect to get fewer. It's when they call it bigger, but it really isn't, and there's fewer in the pack, that people get upset.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12srepaid
PadPhilosopher said:
I think many would gladly accept the associated shrinkflation if they did this. :) The reality is, bigger diapers do use more material, so for the same money, you'd expect to get fewer. It's when they call it bigger, but it really isn't, and there's fewer in the pack, that people get upset.
They seem to make all the sizes slightly smaller and then a new “bigger” size appears about 2 months later, with less nappies in that is about the same as the previous biggest size before they shrunk it. P&G have been doing this for years…

It helps them because…
1. They have a wider range of products on the shelf, increasing their in store visibility.
2. Their nappies will all fit the children who use them better, as each size is designed to fit a slightly smaller range of children.
3. They inevitably use less material when the sizes are made smaller, and the bigger pack has less nappies in it.

It is a very good move on their part. Not so sure about R&F but Pampers/P&G are very good at doing this. I can’t help wondering how many more times they can keep adding a bigger size to the range before shops run out of space though!

WoollyAndJoshy said:
They seem to make all the sizes slightly smaller and then a new “bigger” size appears about 2 months later, with less nappies in that is about the same as the previous biggest size before they shrunk it. P&G have been doing this for years…

It helps them because…
1. They have a wider range of products on the shelf, increasing their in store visibility.
2. Their nappies will all fit the children who use them better, as each size is designed to fit a slightly smaller range of children.
3. They inevitably use less material when the sizes are made smaller, and the bigger pack has less nappies in it.

It is a very good move on their part. Not so sure about R&F but Pampers/P&G are very good at doing this. I can’t help wondering how many more times they can keep adding a bigger size to the range before shops run out of space though!
Each time a newer size comes out it seems to be just a couple centimeters longer. And they seem to never get wider.

90sDiaperBaby said:
Each time a newer size comes out it seems to be just a couple centimeters longer. And they seem to never get wider.
… and the existing ones get smaller too.

I suspect Pampers quickly launched size 8 diapers to compete with Boundless, especially after Boundless size 8s were discontinued. Despite Boundless being superior in length, Pampers may have wanted to lead the market. It's disappointing that Boundless isn't available now to challenge Pampers, especially since their size 8 is comparable to some adult small sizes in length that i've tried in the past.

Also if this is true from the diaper company website I was browsing.

I learned that only a few companies can make larger baby diaper sizes due to the machines not beaing avaiable in those ranges. This also explains the inconsistent sizing in adult small diapers across different brands. There's a gap in the market for sizes 7 to adult small, which is often overlooked in favor of medium sizes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO someone should just make a buinsess catering towards size 7 up to adult small. If only focusing on the baby segment of size 7 isn't fincially viable , maybe supporting the whole ignored ranges from;bigger toddlers, Special needs, prettens, teens, and small adults ,instead as a whole would be enough to support that buisness into being stable.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Curious if anyone has insight into the swaddlers... I was under the impression that branch was designed for newborns and infants. Is there a significant difference in performance or purpose from swaddlers to baby dry? Because the name seems strange for toddlers who aren't being swaddled anymore.

Seems like the Pampers size 8 is somewhat of an insult to it's target market (Special Needs), at least here in North America.
Although I'm not exactly sure why Boundless was discontinued? Not up to expectations, I'm guessing.

BigKid25 said:
Well, that didn't necessarily answer my question in terms of differences beyond the sizing. Unless the skin care issue is the determining factor, but that seems to be a talking point for every diaper design currently.
Perhaps the names, Swaddlers, Cruisers, et al, are a play on words?

I know I can fit the Swaddlers size 8 easy enough.

12srepaid said:
Seems like the Pampers size 8 is somewhat of an insult to it's target market (Special Needs), at least here in North America.
Although I'm not exactly sure why Boundless was discontinued? Not up to expectations, I'm guessing.
pretty sure it was due to them having issues getting the materials for the product overseas etc.

eu38foot said:
Perhaps the names, Swaddlers, Cruisers, et al, are a play on words?

I know I can fit the Swaddlers size 8 easy enough.
What is your waist size mine is 32-33in

pampers568 said:
What is your waist size mine is 32-33in
28" waist. I wear size 16R Levis

Has anyone tried the Rascal and Friends 4t-5t training pants? Are they larger than Pull-Ups or Easy-Ups? I've looked at the packaging and they look bigger and wider, but would like a second opinion.

Reactions: hanzertas
bbykkt said:
Notably longer than Baby Dry Size 7’s and exceptionally cute designs. Couldn’t get the tapes around my 31 in. waist, so don’t buy unless you’re using it as stuffers or nursery display.
Very helpful. Thank you.

90sDiaperBaby said:
Has anyone tried the Rascal and Friends 4t-5t training pants? Are they larger than Pull-Ups or Easy-Ups? I've looked at the packaging and they look bigger and wider, but would like a second opinion.
theyre kinda small, quite a bit tighter than 5t-6t easy ups and probly more comparable to 4t-5t but i havent tried that

Back