Printed Adult Pull-Ups?

ShyGirl91

A sweet & innocent who just wants to be held
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
With as many adorable printed adult diapers available these days, does it surprise anyone that ABDL companies haven't manufactured pull-ups that resemble kid pull-ups?
I know there are Goodnites but those aren't made for adults.
It seems they are potentially missing out on a huge source of revenue by not coming out with adult-sized pull-ups with cartoons and such.
I know one site had a couple (forgot if it was Tykables or ABU) and they sold out fast.
Now I can't find them anymore.
What do you guys think? Would y'all buy adorable printed adult pull-ups, modeled after toddler ones? 🩷

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, Fattrick and Jorelaxed
You can search and there was recently a post that went into detail the WHY it hasn’t happened. And rearz has pink printed pull ups … ;)

Reactions: TigerDL, Edgewater and ShyGirl91
KarmaBaby2 said:
You can search and there was recently a post that went into detail the WHY it hasn’t happened. And rearz has pink printed pull ups … ;)
Oh, I didn't know that!! I'll have to find that. And thank you!

Reactions: PaddedRita, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
Or, simply believe that the artwork is Trademarked to protect the costs the manufacturer dealt with to provide that art for their product!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Wouldn’t it be great if a manufacturer let you put your own design on your nappies?

Reactions: Furrytum and ShyGirl91
Edgewater said:
Or, simply believe that the artwork is Trademarked to protect the costs the manufacturer dealt with to provide that art for their product!
What if they came up with their own designs? I can understand the trademark thing. (I may not be understanding what you're saying).

Reactions: PaddedRita
Ali123 said:
Wouldn’t it be great if a manufacturer let you put your own design on your nappies?
Full print or positional are nearly impossible for where that occurs in the manufacturing process. Or the other way to put it is you CAN, but it’s going to involve buying diapers by the freight container.

The easiest method would be to print landing zone stickers.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita and Edgewater
ShyGirl91 said:
What if they came up with their own designs? I can understand the trademark thing. (I may not be understanding what you're saying).
It’s not so much the art. There’s patents to several elements, foremost being the elastic panels and the joining method.

My favorite pull-up and the closest I think I can get right now is the GoSupreme from Northshore. They now come in pink, as well as black and white. They have closer to the rise we would want when scaling up a baby product, and they function as well as a premium “daytime” spec diaper. I tend to push people in this direction, if the current (and miraculously existent) XL size of Goodnites doesn’t satisfy.

Last edited:
Reactions: craigd1341, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 1 other person
Bambino also makes a printed pull-up. Personally I don't care for them.

Reactions: TigerDL, blaincorrous, Edgewater and 1 other person
blaincorrous said:
It’s not so much the art. There’s patents to several elements, foremost being the elastic panels and the joining method.

My favorite pull-up and the closest I think I can get right now is the GoSupreme from Northshore. They now come in pink, as well as black and white. They have closer to the rise we would want when scaling up a baby product, and they function as well as a premium “daytime” spec diaper. I tend to push people in this direction, if the current (and miraculously existent) XL size of Goodnites doesn’t satisfy.
I did not realize the immense complexity involved. 😮‍💨 I admit I don't know a lot about the patent details. Just perplexes me that it's not hard for diapers but near impossible for Adult pull-ups.

barkd74 said:
Bambino also makes a printed pull-up. Personally I don't care for them.
That might be who I was thinking of! I was surprised to see them. By the time I got to them, they were sold out so I didn't get to try them.

blaincorrous said:
Full print or positional are nearly impossible for where that occurs in the manufacturing process. Or the other way to put it is you CAN, but it’s going to involve buying diapers by the freight container.

The easiest method would be to print landing zone stickers.
Yeah, for that to be possible we would need our own machines to produce diapers. Which is not currently something we are planning.

KarmaBaby2 said:
We stock the InControl Diapers Pull-ups, we did not make them.

Reactions: ShyGirl91
RearzJacob said:
We stock the InControl Diapers Pull-ups, we did not make them.
I'll check those out! I'm not bashing ABDL companies (I hope my post didn't come across this way) for not producing printed adult pull-ups. It was just something I noticed that was lacking and I didn't know why. In my head, I'd buy a lot of them because I'd feel more comfortable wearing in public because they're more discreet than thick diapers. And I assumed they'd be a hit with the ABDL community; however, I'm clueless beyond assumptions of successful sales and my willingness to buy them. 😊 I love Rearz, by the way. The adult sized Mermaid bottle is amazing! 💕🩷

In general, we’re disappointed with the design of ABDL produced pull-ups because most of us imagine Huggies Pull-Ups and Goodnites as the end all concept of pull ups. If you consider the training pants Pampers produces, they have the “granny” style waistband instead of the smooth continuous panels that PU and GN use.

Also, most pullups have a low-rise to the pad that makes them feel like a limited pee catcher, a mostly utilitarian product aimed at people who begrudgingly wear incontinence products. We want something that’s exuberantly ABDL and nostalgic, and right now, that nostalgia is locked behind patents and, as @RearzJacob pointed out, specialized machines that we don’t have or don’t rent time to ABDL companies.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce and ShyGirl91
I wish that ABDL disposable training pants exists, because the only options are those ugly grey/beige low-absorbent adult pull-ups that you can find everywhere. I would love to be able to wear cute colorful ABDL disposable training pants with babyish prints, lots of padding and high absorbency.

• Love
Reactions: Jonjon and ShyGirl91
ShyGirl91 said:
I'll check those out! I'm not bashing ABDL companies (I hope my post didn't come across this way) for not producing printed adult pull-ups. It was just something I noticed that was lacking and I didn't know why. In my head, I'd buy a lot of them because I'd feel more comfortable wearing in public because they're more discreet than thick diapers. And I assumed they'd be a hit with the ABDL community; however, I'm clueless beyond assumptions of successful sales and my willingness to buy them. 😊 I love Rearz, by the way. The adult sized Mermaid bottle is amazing! 💕🩷
I would just like some thinner diapers …. I do not want 7000ml+ diapers … I want something soft, comfortable and discreet for wearing in public. Why I use goodnites … and maybe tena maxi small soon but the padding clumped when It got wet ;)

• Love
Reactions: lilbabyjooce and ShyGirl91
ABDL companies are able to make pull up diapers, however I have heard that those aren't all that good and that the technology needed to make quality ABDL pull ups doesn't exist yet

Reactions: ShyGirl91, bigtoddler96 and Edgewater
Dragon64 said:
ABDL companies are able to make pull up diapers, however I have heard that those aren't all that good and that the technology needed to make quality ABDL pull ups doesn't exist yet
One of the huge problems when talking about Adult diapers /pull-ups is the very wide range of products that are available. The high-quality adult diaper manufacturers /resellers are constantly berated by individuals that state their product is too good and way to expensive as they do not feel they are getting their monies worth from them?!? Where as, those who are wear because of medical requirements find those same products very good to excellent for extended wear, which they believe more than off-sets coat.

The same is true to a bit lesser level for Pull-ups. The low cost drugstore brands are price sensitive and with that comes lesser volume capabilities, quality issues and common issues with no to limited defection sidewall, especially in height. Once again the high-quality adult Pull-up manufactures are faced with the same issues as their diapers face.

The ABDL market demands low prices and extensive variety, plus the features that the high-quality manufactures provide. BUT, a pull-up is not designed to stand in place of a diaper. The technologies are just different as in the price point. Pull-ups targeted shorter wear with lighter volumes and when used for heaver volumes leaks are common. They are market specific and if that is not you, you will not be happy.

Reactions: sbmccue
Cheep pullups are awful.
And to account for the extra costs of printing them and shipping them from China I don't think abdl pullups would ever really work using the usual business model.
What might make a more convincing and functional pullup would be taking an existing adult pullup, most likely a tena pant maxi, as there plain white, and using t shirt printing techniques to add an all over design.
They would be really labour intensive but could be made to emulate almost all of the current nappy pants designs.

Reactions: ShyGirl91, bigtoddler96 and Edgewater
Back