Plastic or cotton feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick24798 said:
Well it official , I think I'm the only one :(

I can't stand plastic backed it has to be cloth backed I think it's a age thing it all depends what you were arround as a child I think

Plastic but some cotton feel diapers can be okay to.

I am much more confident with the Tena plastiic backed slips/diapers but sadly all I can get is the cloth backed ones now so it`s time to go over to comficare or a similar PE backed one.

Bby said:
I can't stand plastic backed it has to be cloth backed I think it's a age thing it all depends what you were arround as a child I think

Yeah definitely

I've worn both plastic and cloth backed. Personally, I like the plastic backed better cuz it holds in the wetness better than the cloth backed. I have not tried the premium cloth backed so it may does the job as well as plastic backed.

bby said:

I grew up in the plastic backed age but only wear cloth. Regardless of what some might think, plastic is like a sauna and comes out sweaty and clammy. Any diaper will do its job if you let it.

I have always been a big fan of plastic backed diapers and prefer them most of the time. However since Seni brand diapers have become available in the usa my mind has been changed, these diapers do not have any of the undesireable characteristics that most cloth backed diapers like the sagging and sweating. I also like the tena super and stretch super, they do their job very well and are quite inexpensive. I think most cloth backed diapers pretty well suck but there are good ones out there for those who do prefer them or like myself need them due to skin issues!

I feel better protecte with plastic backed. Especially with the tapes. Cloth covered feels a lot looser because most cloth covered have a very thin side panel which slips down the wetter you get.

KenworthW900b said:
However since Seni brand diapers have become available in the usa my mind has been changed, these diapers do not have any of the undesireable characteristics that most cloth backed diapers like the sagging and sweating.

Which Seni products have you tried and liked?

No you aren't the only one who likes cloth feel to their diapers, I also like the cloth backed diapers, I've worn the NorthShore Air Supreme diapers and have no problem of leaks and I've had as high as 7 good wettings out of them. We are all different and you should go with whatever you are the most comfortable with.QUOTE=Nick24798;1311562]Am I the only one who prefers the feel of cloth backed nappies as opposed to plastic backed?

I just don't like them that much, to me it feels like sitting in a carrier - bag from the supermarket.[/QUOTE]

I have tried cloth backed diapers and to me they cannot compare to plastic backed diapers I love the crinkly sound they make too much.

I prefer cloth for everyday use. They're cooler in Florida's 95+ super humid summers, the 'velcro' tapes are much more forgiving, they're more discreet, and you have more brand choices that are decent yet not insanely expensive if you're living on a budget. I don't even think it's fair to blame them for weeping; we're not using them as directed. They're designed to be changed every few hours for 'dribble' incontinence, and right away in the event of a serious accident. As fetishists we push the capacity limits, sit in them wet for extended time, them complain that they weep. Everything in perspective.

If I know I'll be going really long amounts of times between changes, despite heat, a plastic super premium with a stuffer is the way to go for sure. My inner baby likes the sound, and my adult side likes the capacity, security, and odor protection.

I like cloth backed, however I mostly wear baby/youth diapers. In the adult products I've tried the cloth backed ones seem to be newer designs made to be cheap. It's not bad because they are cloth, but because they are cheaply produced. Plastic is also way to hot for me in the summer.

BabyJ316 said:
As fetishists we push the capacity limits, sit in them wet for extended time, them complain that they weep. Everything in perspective.
If I know I'll be going really long amounts of times between changes, despite heat, a plastic super premium with a stuffer is the way to go for sure. My inner baby likes the sound, and my adult side likes the capacity, security, and odor protection.

You hit the hammer on the head. That's where diapers are for: To get the limits out of them! :laugh:
I have tried cloth backing Tena Super (7/8 drops) and did not like it so much in comparison with the original plastic backed ones. They felt clumpier, stiff, uncomfortable when you do not wet enough. And if you soak them, they are kind of widening themselves and start to sag. With plastic it is more 'forgiving' not to absorb fluid quickly, and with cloth that can't be done that way anymore. So therefore I think they have a different 'response to absorb' to say this in a technical way :smile1:
So practically the old Tena spread the fluid better, so, keeping it in a good shape snug around your body.
Of course when you live in Florida I certainly agree that the heat and humidity problem starts to waste pleasure, and that cloth is a good outcome. But in our place temperatures are mild, so good to play around in plastic backed diapers or to go to bed with a thick plastic backed Tena and some extra plastic pants over it:biggrin:

I have only tried cloth once or twice so I kinda prefer plastic i think. But yes, each to their own for sure~

Adidas said:
Yand there is nothing better than a diaper covered with Adidas gear !!

"Just do it!" - yeah, that works. Oh wait, that's Nike. Owell, same principle.

You're not alone Nick24798 I feel the same as you, I do like both types but I prefer cotton backed diapers as I have previously written about.

I preferred plastic for diapering my kids but I ran out of luck and had to switch to cloth before my 17 year old got out of diapers. Luvs was the only brand I used because the others were cloth and then Luvs switched and lost a customer. Honestly though, I think the cloth actually lasted longer on him. With plastic I would change him every time the plastic looked wet, but the cloth never did get that way because a lot of moisture escaped through. It never seemed to leak or feel weird but I knew the moisture was escaping because he never really felt as wet as before.

Now I wear mostly cloth because they haven't invented the plastic pullup. I prefer pullups because I guess I like being able to use the potty sometimes. With plastic I can't get them off in time to use a potty. That adds to the fun, but I wear 24/7 but I don't use 24/7 so I will be using a mix.

Some people might even like a grocery bag. When I was growing up I looked forward to getting my hands on one and wearing it. I am glad I have more choices now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back