Pee laying down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although my success rate is minimal but growing in tiny steps, I still have problems getting myself to properly relax so that I can wet either while on my back or tummy. I have everything I need in position so as to not hurt my really super duper comfy mattress, so that is not an issue anymore.

I have the same problem as everyone else, can't pee laying down. About the best I can do is pee sitting up in bed. At least I don't have to get out of bed, but I do have to sit up.

Damn my potty training!

Similarly, I am in a position where I find it difficult to pee while lying down in bed. I can standing up no problem, and at night or in the mornings can while sitting up in the bed. I am trying different positions such as on all fours, or on my back to enable myself to wet my nappy while still fully under the covers. I have managed to wet my nappy lying on my back twice now, but it took a good effort to get it to happen. I also had a leak the first time. I am conscious of leaks, so that block is in my head I think. I think it is just something that it is going to take my body time to get used to.

I was not able to at first but now it's easy and even better at 3am and cold so you don't have to get out of bed :biggrin:

parcelboy2 said:
I was not able to at first but now it's easy and even better at 3am and cold so you don't have to get out of bed :biggrin:

yes that. so much that.

depending on the day sometimes I could hold it till morning, other nights I'd be up 3, 4, even FIVE times. Not good for solid sleep, which already gives me issues. Now on the other hand, I just have to deal with a heavy diaper to change in the morning. :)

bambinod said:
yes that. so much that.

depending on the day sometimes I could hold it till morning, other nights I'd be up 3, 4, even FIVE times. Not good for solid sleep, which already gives me issues. Now on the other hand, I just have to deal with a heavy diaper to change in the morning. :)

[emoji106]

It can be really hard. But, keep practicing. It just takes time to get use to

I think I might be the only one who is on the other side of this coin. Since I love to wear at night, but I don't always. Its my intention not to loose that training. Because If I'm not wearing on a particular night and my body lets go. OH My. the bed and everything will be messed up. I do often have dreams were I'm wearing and needing to wet my diaper and I let go. But since my subconscious is doing its job of "No wetting in bed" I wake up and I'm dry and so is the bed. Its funny most of the time I have the dreams of wetting in my dream I'm not wearing.

So its important for me to not break that training, But I have tried in the past and the best I can do is prop myself up in bed and I can let go with some relaxed thinking.
The bad part or trade off is. if I do need to wet before the normal wake up time. If I'm wearing I need to get myself out of bed. Wet and then get back into bed and go back to sleep. Unless of course its a major wetting and I'll go through a diaper change. But then it can be difficult to get back to sleep again.

wow i can ramble. lol

It took me years to be able to pee laying down but I can only do it on my back. Sometimes it's still hard to do because I still have to concentrate by relaxing and go and it's harder with kids in bed if they are rolling around and crowding me and awake.

I can pee laying down on my back but not on my stomach. However, I do find that I can not completely empty my bladder when laying down. I usually have to go again in an hour or so.

I can still only pee when I'm walking or standing but I still can't when I'm either sitting or lying down. I'm sure I'll get there eventually. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

I don't have much trouble doing it anymore. It was, as others have said, just a matter of practice and relaxation. You may find it easier if you go a bit first standing or however you are comfortable and then lie down. This primes the pump, so to speak.

Although I can do it, I don't that often unless I am sure of my orientation within the diaper (pointing down) or wearing cloth. Without those, the odds of a leak in my experience are fairly high regardless of how good the diaper is.

BabyDenise said:
I can pee laying down on my back but not on my stomach. However, I do find that I can not completely empty my bladder when laying down. I usually have to go again in an hour or so.

Sometimes I don't empty out completely. (A) I get more opportunities to wet my diaper before morning, and (B) gives my diaper more time to absort and not leak from a flood. I especially won't empty out completely from full when my diaper is approaching capacity. Better safe than leaky!

(on a good night I can drop 4+ large wettings into a confidry, or maybe closer to 6-8 smaller wettings)

bambinod said:
Sometimes I don't empty out completely. (A) I get more opportunities to wet my diaper before morning, and (B) gives my diaper more time to absort and not leak from a flood.

You're absolutely correct. Wearing disposable diapers normally requires you to pee in smaller amounts to give the diaper a chance to absorb the pee. However, I was talking specifically about my case and for me, I sleep in a cloth diaper with plastic pants. So small amounts simply mean that I wake up more often. I wish I would be able to completely empty my bladder and go back to sleep for the rest of the night. :)

Note: during the day when I wear disposables, I do try (and usually succeed) to pee in small amounts.

Never had a problem peeing laying down. I pee the bed every night.

- - - Updated - - -

FTuga197 said:
Hi!
I'm a 18yo Portuguese who loves diapers. I feel very comfortable wearing it.
I also like to pee on a diaper, but I try to do it lying down on my bed. The problem is, even if I have a full bladder, the pee doesn't come out.
Is there any way to pee lying down on my bed but easier?
just learn to relax. You have to get past the brain telling you it s=is wrong to pee anywhere but the toilet.

I sometimes wonder if my brain is split in half. One side telling me it is not nice to wet in bed and the other side is telling me that is more than just fine to wet in bed. Gotta get this brain of mine organized.......lol

I have the same problem. I have to either be sitting a certain way or be standing to pee.

Well, here is my opionon when it comes to peeing in diapers this is coming from a male, at first it takes awhile to be able to pee in a diaper, after a month or so, you learn that its okay, and your body doesn't prevent you from peeing while in a diaper, the problem with peeing while laying down is this, by any chance is your subconsious thinking that it is wrong, or its someting new so it thinks that its not supposed to do that? so it prevents you from peeing? is your diaper too tight sometimes when its too tight, it blocks your pee from coming out? (this is from personal expirence)

Tell yourself that its okay to pee while laying down, and just keep trying, eventully you'll learn that its okay, and your body will be like yep, he is in a diaper, its okay to pee, you could be subconsiously thinking that, its gonna leak, or something bad will happen, simply because you aren't used to peeing the diaper like that.

Simmlar thing happens to when when I want to pee my pants(don't ask me why, its when i regress) I cannot do it, I Just can't without telling myself its okay, or trying to convince myself I'm already wearing a diaper, it could just be your brain has some self doubt? and even then, sometimes I only empty half my bladder, or none at all.

Hope this somewhat helps.

lilmiss said:
I have the same problem. I have to either be sitting a certain way or be standing to pee.

Time and patience my friend , you'll get there I did

You my friend are not alone in your quest to be able to pee lying down. I've have the same problem. I was told a long time ago to just relax and it will happen, it did happen several times for me but it took forever for my bladder to partially empty. I did love the feeling of it happening whenever I was able to go even the little bit.
I can pee while walking, just standing or sitting in my lounge chair and even while on the computer. I feel very relaxed while in bed but for the life of me I can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back