Old PC CD Games you remember playing

Gooberology

Certified Little Guy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I used to play a lot of old pc games from the late 90's and early 2000s on my windows 98 computer, and lately ive been trying to track down some of them from vague memories.

I found 3, Moto Racer (1997), Matchbox Caterpillar Construction Zone (1999), and Hot Wheels Micro Racers (2000). I prolly have all of these discs buried somewhere lol.

Matchbox Vid
Moto Racer Vid
Micro Racers Vid

There was another game similar to Matchbox Caterpillar i remember, except it was more of a vehicle based adventure, and you were really tiny. I remember a really stone-y pond that had kind of a beach that was really big lengthwise, with small waterfalls, but you were still construction equipment. Might not be a good description lol, memory isn't the most reliable testimony.

Im curious if yall have any games on the back of your mind that you cant for the life remember.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi
MS DOS anyone?? I used to love Commander Keen, the 1st Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, and Kyranda. Oh And the Oregon Trail!

Reactions: Humperdink2, Chiknheadz, LaLoneDigi and 1 other person
I remember playing the very very earlier games call Bong !
Always like Ms Pac Man & Centipede ,never was very good at it but it was fun !!

Last edited:
Zoombinis on the school's computer, and Zuma. Now I have both on Steam.

We had Commodore 64 when I was child. Aztec, Blue Max were my favorits.

Gobblins, Wolf3d, Doom, Warcraft 2 (still have,) Transport Tycoon (actually have OpenTTD,) Duke Nukem, Stunts, Need for speed... That's about out dated games.

But Counter Strike is old... and still used at a lot of PCs.

Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Descent, Dark Forces, X-Wing...are a few that spring to mind. My best friend and I played hours of x-wing trading missions back and forth when we died.

• Love
Reactions: LaLoneDigi and blaincorrous
Delta force was a fave of mine along with some other cheezy knock off version off need for speed lol

Rita said:
I remember playing the very very earlier games call Bong !
Always like Ms Pac Man & Centipede ,never was very good at it but it was fun !!
Hey that sounds familiar! I played the Bong game myself 4 days ago!🤣

Few fun ones were

Total Annihilation (they're still modding it today: Escalation)
Ultim@te Race Pro
And
Caesar II/III

Where to start, I used to play a lot of games, but here some of the ones I can remember: Civilization, Half-Life, Unreal Tournament, Zeus: Master of Olympus, The Settlers 3, Transport Tycoon Deluxe, Red Faction, 3D Maze Man, Medal of Honor... this list could go on for a while.

I could also go back to the Amiga with Rampage and Populous

CrazySmoker said:
Transport Tycoon (actually have OpenTTD,)
I still occasionally open up OpenTTD for fun

Last time I forgot the oldest GTAs

wetaccident said:
Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Descent, Dark Forces, X-Wing...are a few that spring to mind. My best friend and I played hours of x-wing trading missions back and forth when we died.

X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance… and more recently Star Wars: Squadrons… but that’s too recent to be classic. (I have a great video of playing SWS in VR, but it’s tied to my vanilla persona.)

Dark Forces: Jedi Knight. I was a master of the saber duel. Back then, you had to work with the modem lag, reading your opponents move, and taking a step back so they would walk into your attack.

Unreal Tournaments. Loved dodging forward at an an enemy with my flack cannon, adding a little to the exit velocity and tightening the spread of the shrapnel.

Reactions: PaddedRita, LaLoneDigi and wetaccident
Seven kingdoms frythan wars, many of the command and conquers, and several of the age of empires games. I also played some roller coaster tycoon and a couple others just can’t think of them at the moment

TheGazelle said:
Seven kingdoms frythan wars, many of the command and conquers, and several of the age of empires games. I also played some roller coaster tycoon and a couple others just can’t think of them at the moment
Oh yeah, the old roller coaster games. I have made so many coasters on Ultimate Ride Roller Coaster Deluxe. So I purchased Planet Coaster on Steam, but found it waaaay to hard to learn. If there were some way to make it simpler, I would've kept it, but thankfully Steam was able to refund it.

Midtown Madness, Saints of Virtue, and Nancy Drew are three I really liked.

I don't really remember too much but i do remember that i had Jumpstart 1st Grade, Some mcdonald's game that I don't remember now, and a Monsters Inc Pinball Game.

KittyninjaW said:
I don't really remember too much but i do remember that i had Jumpstart 1st Grade, Some mcdonald's game that I don't remember now, and a Monsters Inc Pinball Game.
Odd that you should mention a pinball game. I hadn't thought of it in years but I remember playing hours of some stupid pinball game on the computer when I was in elementary school. I don't remember that it had much of a theme to it but I sure found it a ton of fun for some reason.

That old memories... Forgot another two classics: Medal of Honor and Commandos.

I've AoE - Rise of the Rajas, but play it very from time to time.

And my very first game on PC was Prince of Persia.

Last edited:
I played a lot of Spore when I was a kid! A lot, a lot of Spore, actually. I never did reach the center of the galaxy, though.

Reactions: PaddedRita, KittyninjaW and LaLoneDigi
Back