• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Night has falen :)

Cottontail said:
[...] :)

I'm an engineer for a sensor company. Software and electrical. Other companies hire us to build sensor systems for their products, so we're working on something different every few weeks. It gets intense sometimes, but it's certainly never boring. I wish you well with your internship pursuits. I blame credit a childhood spent playing video games with getting me interested in computers and technology. See? Video games are good for something after all, right? :)

[...]
Its not really an internship - poor wording from my side i fear. I'll be the trainee or apprentice in a full time, paid job.
The company i chose builds cameras and is focused on computer vision and image recognition - no faces though!
They build cameras for the medical field, TV (cameras following and focussing a ball for example) and factory automation.
I'll be a system integrator - building and supplying servers and client devices within the company - i'm looking forward to that.
Hope it'll be fun :)

Yeah, videogames and friends with hobbys in electronics and PC hardware sparked my interest too.
Overall, I think i like to be born around the time Metroid Prime came out. Very Interesting - and also troubling - times nowadays.

Greetings
Moon

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail
BrokenMoon said:
Its not really an internship - poor wording from my side i fear. I'll be the trainee or apprentice in a full time, paid job.
The company i chose builds cameras and is focused on computer vision and image recognition - no faces though!
They build cameras for the medical field, TV (cameras following and focussing a ball for example) and factory automation.
I'll be a system integrator - building and supplying servers and client devices within the company - i'm looking forward to that.
Hope it'll be fun :)
That sounds awesome. I hope it goes well! My wife studied IT and worked in the IT department at a local university for years. She loved it--loved building and repairing computers and working with the faculty and other staff members. She changed careers when we relocated a few years ago and she often tells me how much she misses it. (She and I met in a computer science class in college and were instant geek-friends.)

BrokenMoon said:
Yeah, videogames and friends with hobbys in electronics and PC hardware sparked my interest too.
Overall, I think i like to be born around the time Metroid Prime came out. Very Interesting - and also troubling - times nowadays.
I miss the 1980's. Things were definitely simpler back then, pre-web, pre-smartphone. But the early 2000's weren't bad either. I think I'd have those back too. :)

Reactions: BrokenMoon
Welcome Moon,

Your English is quite good. Finding the right words in English words can sometimes be a bit difficult. German is a language I have a little knowledge of but not enough to say I know it. I think I can order five beer. Gothic German text is something I wished I could read. I am currently looking through old family records and found my Grandfather wrote in Gothic German.

I find IT interesting but leave that field to my smarter younger brother.

Reactions: BrokenMoon
Back