• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Night has falen :)

BrokenMoon

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hey everybody,

I'm Moon, or - at least - someone under that Username.
My account here is new, but I've been a longtime lurker, visiting the site irregularly.
Now I decided to join with my own account, hoping to become a visible member of this Community and converse with people with at least one similar Interests.

In my free time I'm active in a canoeing club, working with teenagers and organizing holiday camps.
Other than that, I'm a techie and interested in most things electronic, but most importantly computers.
Last but not least, there is my motorcycle (2018 Royal Enfield Himalayan). I'm riding all throughout Europe as much as possible - preferably dirt roads like the Trans Euro Trail.
For work, I recently applied for an apprenticeship in the IT field.

Other than that, I'm probably not the best at writing my introduction, but I'm always open for any questions thrown at me. :)

Greetings,
Moon

Reactions: Cottontail, Jorelaxed, Chrissie and 2 others
Hi Moon! I’m a newbie too! What’s your favorite thing about computers? Do you build them? And, if so, what would you say is your favorite build?

High Moon! Nice to have another motorcycle rider here. I've got a Triumph Street Twin; that Royal Enfield is nice!

• Love
Reactions: Kittyinpink and BrokenMoon
welcome moon. i just joined the site myself hope you find people to chat with here!

BrokenMoon said:
Hey everybody,

My account here is new, but I've been a longtime lurker, visiting the site irregularly.
Now I decided to join with my own account, hoping to become a visible member of this Community and converse with people with at least one similar Interests.

In my free time I'm active in a canoeing club, working with teenagers and organizing holiday camps.
Other than that, I'm a techie and interested in most things electronic, but most importantly computers.
Last but not least, there is my motorcycle (2018 Royal Enfield Himalayan). I'm riding all throughout Europe as much as possible - preferably dirt roads like the Trans Euro Trail.

Other than that, I'm probably not the best at writing my introduction, but I'm always open for any questions thrown at me. :)

Greetings,
Moon
Hello and welcome from the wilds of BC Canada 🦊😁

Great intro, I also enjoy the outdoors and ride a motorcycle, mine is a suzuki dr200

BrokenMoon said:
Hey everybody,

Greetings,
Moon
Hello and welcome

Welcome to ADISC Moon,
That is a great introduction and you should have no problem finding friends with more than just one intrest. Have a look around and enjoy

Hello and welcome!

Thanks everybody for the welcome!
Im sure I'll find some great new contacts here, although my habits of visiting forums are really inconsistend. :)

ichinyan said:
Hi Moon! I’m a newbie too! What’s your favorite thing about computers? Do you build them? And, if so, what would you say is your favorite build?
Oh yes, I do build them. Thats probably the best part for me. Other than that i like to constantly tinker with my PC, be it some new parts i bought used off the internet or just mod my games a little more. In totall i've done around 8 builds so far - all for friends and famliy. It is allways nice to hear years later that people dont have any problems with my builds and that they perform as needed- apart from windows breaking something sometime. Favourite build? Hard to say, probably my own - as i can tinker with that one all the time.
How about you? Also into building PCs?

Already off to a good start seing these kind replys and also others riders here.

Greetings
Moon

Reactions: ichinyan and Kittyinpink
Hello and welcome! 😊

BrokenMoon said:
How about you? Also into building PCs?
I can’t say I’m into building them myself, but I do like PCs, seeing different builds, and the process behind them! I’ve only ever had to disassemble a pre-built one I had and replace it into a larger case so that I could fit a graphics card, haha.

I’m a huge fan of games myself! Is there anything you’re playing lately?

Reactions: BrokenMoon
Hi and welcome!
At least we have canoeing in common 🤣

Reactions: BrokenMoon and Kittyinpink
Hello and welcome.

Welcome and enjoy

Rebuilding PCs can be fun. Though I am basically a software guy, I have made some changes in my Desktop. I started with a motherboardectomy and then changed out everything else. The only thing that is original is the case.

Welcome to a great group. The people are wonderful and if you participate in conversations won't bite (though some of the furrys might give you a playful nip).

ichinyan said:
I can’t say I’m into building them myself, but I do like PCs, seeing different builds, and the process behind them! I’ve only ever had to disassemble a pre-built one I had and replace it into a larger case so that I could fit a graphics card, haha.

I’m a huge fan of games myself! Is there anything you’re playing lately?
Yeah, since the release of the "legendary edition" I got sucked into the mass effect universe. Played everything twice and reading tons of fanfiction. Other than that I recently played guardians of the galaxy and just started vampyr from the life is strange developers. So, mostly singelplayer it is for me. Only online game I put hours into is Battlefield 1 - still playing from time to time.

Reward said:
Hi and welcome!
At least we have canoeing in common 🤣
It's a great, relaxing hobby. At least if you don't go rafting ;)

Greetings
Moon

Last edited:
Reactions: ichinyan
BrokenMoon said:
Yeah, since the release of the "legendary edition" I got sucked into the mass effect universe. Played everything twice and reading tons of fanfiction. Other than that I recently played guardians of the galaxy and just started vampyr from the life is strange developers. So, mostly singelplayer it is for me. Only online game I put hours into is Battlefield 1 - still playing from time to time.
Cool!! I tried giving Mass Effect a try, but with the sheer amount of games I have, it’s easy for me to get sidetracked into another. Currently playing Lost Judgement, which I wholeheartedly recommend!

You seem like a fun person, Moon. I hope to see you around here often! 😌

Reactions: BrokenMoon and Kittyinpink
Welcome, @BrokenMoon! But what's broken about you? You look fine except for a bit of cropping. :) (I suppose I could make a "crater face" joke too, but I won't. Oh whoops!)

Electronics and computer nerd here--professionally and...hobby...ally. I enjoy kayaking as well, but don't do much of that during the colder months--which, fortunately, are almost behind us here. Phew! I'm a fair-weather bunny, 100%. Even nerdy indoor hobbies are made better when there's sun coming in through the windows.

Take care and enjoy the site! Good to have you aboard. :)

• Love
Hey @Cottontail,

I'm quite fine. My name is the literal translation of a book title that - in german - is named "zerbrochener Mond". The english title is "maggot moon". As far as I remember - read it about five years ago - it was about a fictional universe of Nazis ruling everything - or most of the world. In that world, the story of a dyslexic (and gay?) boy with different colored eyes is told, who struggles with growing up in the regime, is experiencing mobbing & has problems with displaying and receiving any form of tenderness.
The topics don't display my living reality, but I found it to be an interesting read nonetheless.
That broken - pun intended - translation was just the first thing that came to mind when I picked my profile picture - no deeper meaning behind that. :)

Always makes me happy to meet new people with the same - and different - hobbies and interests as well.
May I ask your profession in the IT field? :D

Greetings
Moon

Last edited:
BrokenMoon said:
I'm quite fine. My name is the literal translation of a book title that - in german - is named "zerbrochener Mond". The english title is "maggot moon". As far as I remember - read it about five years ago - it was about a fictional universe of Nazis ruling everything - or most of the world. In that world, the story of a dyslexic (and gay?) boy with different colored eyes is told, who struggles with growing up in the regime, is experiencing mobbing & has problems with displaying and receiving any form of tenderness.
The topics don't display my living reality, but I found it to be an interesting read nonetheless.
That broken - pun intended - translation was just the first thing that came to mind when I picked my profile picture - no deeper meaning behind that. :)
It does sound like an interesting read. I'm sort of into the dystopic, alternative history genre. Thanks for providing that bit of background! (I retract the "crater face" statement. :))

BrokenMoon said:
May I ask your profession in the IT field? :D
I'm an engineer for a sensor company. Software and electrical. Other companies hire us to build sensor systems for their products, so we're working on something different every few weeks. It gets intense sometimes, but it's certainly never boring. I wish you well with your internship pursuits. I blame credit a childhood spent playing video games with getting me interested in computers and technology. See? Video games are good for something after all, right? :)

I just downloaded Metroid Prime Remastered for Switch and am having fun with that. I spent way too much time playing the GameCube version...20 years ago. (Wow, that makes me feel old!)

Last edited:
Back